BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #111
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Apparently a few sources have confirmed a 300hp Evoque is on the way. They've already tested it but they need to work on marketing before they release it.

This will be epic if it comes true. I'm predicting a 0-100km/hr of about 5.5-6.0 seconds.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...aspx?AR=259468

http://carguideblog.com/22472/range-...epower-making/
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #112
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

whack in the mooted M tri turbo 6 and we are talking
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #113
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
X3M?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #114
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

It looks like this 300hp Evoque RS won't be coming out until end of 2013!!

I was getting really excited about it!!

I think it makes more sense to get an Evoque now and look at trading-in when the time comes if we can get a good deal.

Apparently it will use the same engine as the Ford Focus RS, which is a very sweet engine. I'm sure it can be tuned as well
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #115
Ronnie
Private
Rep
Drives:

I finally get mine next week..its been a very long wait..

I must say it was an easy decision for the wife, and a tough one for me.. we ended up getting the 5 Door SD4 Evoque Dynamic, with Sat Nav, Pano Roof, Auto, Rear Seat Entertainment, Powered Tailgate, Load rails, 17 speaker sound system, rear vents, front parking sensors and a few other options.
I must say, with the $$$ we spent, we could comfortably sit in a Range Rover Sport, X5, ML350 etc.. but they all we too big in size for what we need at the moment.
we tried and test drove the below cars;
X1 - UGLY and Plasticky but great value for $$
X3 - Fantastic and made much more $$ sense for me, but the wife found it too plain.
Q5 - meh.. she didnt really like the look of it.

I am hoping to tune the SD4 up for some more power..
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Heated Seats
And She is with me.....
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 05:08 AM   #116
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
aus135i? What kind of economy do you get from you X3 20d?
hi chked tonight and it said 10.2L / 100KM.. its only my 2nd tank tho and the car has only done 910KM now

p.s i dont use that start stop crap! i turn it off everytime i drive it and i think the wife dont like it either lol

oh and also there is a flash tune out there for F25 2.0D... which gives another 20kw? which im keen on trying after some more ks
      12-13-2011, 05:48 AM   #117
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
I finally get mine next week..its been a very long wait..

I must say it was an easy decision for the wife, and a tough one for me.. we ended up getting the 5 Door SD4 Evoque Dynamic, with Sat Nav, Pano Roof, Auto, Rear Seat Entertainment, Powered Tailgate, Load rails, 17 speaker sound system, rear vents, front parking sensors and a few other options.
I must say, with the $$$ we spent, we could comfortably sit in a Range Rover Sport, X5, ML350 etc.. but they all we too big in size for what we need at the moment.
we tried and test drove the below cars;
X1 - UGLY and Plasticky but great value for $$
X3 - Fantastic and made much more $$ sense for me, but the wife found it too plain.
Q5 - meh.. she didnt really like the look of it.

I am hoping to tune the SD4 up for some more power..
Congrats on the purchase mate. You've got a very nice build there and it would have cost you a fortune. What colour combo did you get? Fuji with black contrast roof? It sounds like exactly what I want but I'll most likely go the Pure route because it's better value.

Agreed on all your other comments regarding the other cars. The X3 still makes the most sense but the Evoque does everything so well too and has plenty of wow factor.

Are you in Brisbane? I would love to see the car in person sometime. Otherwise, we need to see some pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus135i View Post
hi chked tonight and it said 10.2L / 100KM.. its only my 2nd tank tho and the car has only done 910KM now

p.s i dont use that start stop crap! i turn it off everytime i drive it and i think the wife dont like it either lol

oh and also there is a flash tune out there for F25 2.0D... which gives another 20kw? which im keen on trying after some more ks
That's a bit better than the Evoque's but still far from what BMW's claims are too. I think the economy will improve once the engine is properly broken in. Still too early to tell though.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #118
Ronnie
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Congrats on the purchase mate. You've got a very nice build there and it would have cost you a fortune. What colour combo did you get? Fuji with black contrast roof? It sounds like exactly what I want but I'll most likely go the Pure route because it's better value.

Agreed on all your other comments regarding the other cars. The X3 still makes the most sense but the Evoque does everything so well too and has plenty of wow factor.

Are you in Brisbane? I would love to see the car in person sometime. Otherwise, we need to see some pics!!

That's a bit better than the Evoque's but still far from what BMW's claims are too. I think the economy will improve once the engine is properly broken in. Still too early to tell though.

Hey Mate,

Yeah, it has put a dent in my wallet, so will put a hold on a new toy for myself for a year.. But you know what they say happy wife, happy life!

I got the fuji white, with white pano roof (no contrast), black leather with contrast stitching. I am doing a road trip after Christmas, and heading to QLD, will let you know if I am in Brisbane.

I'm from Melb mate, so will post some pics when I get the car.. I actually got it from Austral Motors in Brisbane, speak to Warren or Dylan there.. They looked after me quite well, with service etc.

The pure is nice, but would advice getting the SD4 over the TD4. What options are you considering?
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Heated Seats
And She is with me.....
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #119
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Hey Mate,

Yeah, it has put a dent in my wallet, so will put a hold on a new toy for myself for a year.. But you know what they say happy wife, happy life!

I got the fuji white, with white pano roof (no contrast), black leather with contrast stitching. I am doing a road trip after Christmas, and heading to QLD, will let you know if I am in Brisbane.

I'm from Melb mate, so will post some pics when I get the car.. I actually got it from Austral Motors in Brisbane, speak to Warren or Dylan there.. They looked after me quite well, with service etc.

The pure is nice, but would advice getting the SD4 over the TD4. What options are you considering?
You're Evoque sounds like a real beauty! I look forward to seeing some pictures in the mean time but let me know when you come up this way as I'm really keen to see it. I've also spoken with Dylan from Austral but not sure where I'll make the purchase at this stage.

My current build is
Evoque 5 Door
TD4 140kw Diesel
Pure Spec
Fuji White - Cirrus Leather
Automatic
Panoramic Contrast Roof
Tech Pack
Navigation
Clear View Pack
Keyless Entry
Tailgate