BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-28-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Anyone with No-NAV Car Thinking of Trading Their 1M in?

There a lot of prospectors online with cars that have been on autotrader for more than a year. Nothing wrong with that, everyone wants the most money for their car...understood. But a fellow member recently traded a fully loaded 1M with 24K miles into CarMax for a lot less than the asking prices online and I know others have too.

If you have a no-nav 1M that hasn't been modified and are considering trading it because you don't want to list it for 6 months please let me know.

I'm SoCal and maybe we can work something out if you really do care where your 1M goes! I'm not a reseller or buyer..just a hard-core fan.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #2
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vo 1m

Good luck man. I hope you find what you're looking for. It will be great to see you back in a 1m.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Since you posted this, go for one without power/memory seats as well if you can, so that you can enjoy a tad (around 3 cm.) more headroom, lower seating, faster and easier getting in to and out of rear seats as well as one less thing to break in the future. Not to mention around 15 (?) kg. of less weight.

Especially so if you are not going to need the memory function because you will (probably) be the sole driver of your next 1M
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Since you posted this, go for one without power/memory seats as well if you can, so that you can enjoy a tad (around 3 cm.) more headroom, lower seating, faster and easier getting in to and out of rear seats as well as one less thing to break in the future. Not to mention around 15 (?) kg. of less weight.

Especially so if you are not going to need the memory function because you will (probably) be the sole driver of your next 1M
Yes!, mine had manual seats and I prefer them but trying to not be as picky since it's the used car market. NAV and iDrive are a tougher sell for me. I don't think they had a place in what the 1M stood for and I don't like the dash. It takes something away from the "throw-back" character of the car for me. Also, I have my name in for M2 which will have it without choice. ED price on that will be about 50K with 4 years warranty and service plus PCD delivery. If I have to put up with TV display, might as well settle more for M2.

Anyway thanks. How are you holding up now that you sold yours?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #5
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdawood View Post
Good luck man. I hope you find what you're looking for. It will be great to see you back in a 1m.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
good luck, man! hope you find something you like!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #7
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

I don't even care about this..
all 1M in Indonesia have no Idrive… and it will cost you $10000+- to retrofit one with the harman pardon package. and funny some did..

this is the point of this car.. pure raw M car..
power seat is just something i would thick off .. if i am able to choose.
      09-29-2014, 12:16 PM   #8
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
all 1M in Indonesia have no Idrive… and it will cost you $10000+- to retrofit one with the harman pardon package. and funny some did..

Yup...I like my cars raw and light...like my women! : )

Just kidding, yes, I am the choirmaster on the lightest possible and extra helmet room but it's not a deal braker for me since I'm only 5'10. The iDrive and screen I'm firmer on. I hope it can happen but if not I might have to settle for M2 but I want to try. I know fellow addict offered me his before going to CarMax but wanted to hold out for no nav unit. I just hope there is someone that would rather see their car go to a fellow addict then carmax or the dealer. I know I would!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #9
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
all 1M in Indonesia have no Idrive and it will cost you $10000+- to retrofit one with the harman pardon package. and funny some did..

Yup...I like my cars raw and light...like my women! : )

Just kidding, yes, I am the choirmaster on the lightest possible and extra helmet room but it's not a deal braker for me since I'm only 5'10. The iDrive and screen I'm firmer on. I hope it can happen but if not I might have to settle for M2 but I want to try. I know fellow addict offered me his before going to CarMax but wanted to hold out for no nav unit. I just hope there is someone that would rather see their car go to a fellow addict then carmax or the dealer. I know I would!
The M2 is going to be unreal for sure.. It will be very2 ....

Probably the only thread 1M price cud fall ...
Even m3/m4 did not affect that much
      09-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #10
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Yes!, mine had manual seats and I prefer them but trying to not be as picky since it's the used car market. NAV and iDrive are a tougher sell for me. I don't think they had a place in what the 1M stood for and I don't like the dash. It takes something away from the "throw-back" character of the car for me. Also, I have my name in for M2 which will have it without choice. ED price on that will be about 50K with 4 years warranty and service plus PCD delivery. If I have to put up with TV display, might as well settle more for M2.

Anyway thanks. How are you holding up now that you sold yours?
Thanks for asking. Missing it pretty badly really and don't care for anything else around. Since I don't really need a car for myself here anymore I might well be walking regularly for the next 2 years and getting healthier just to give it back on dinner tables I wanted to order a X5 if not X6 or X4 for the wife and for family vacations type of duties but when I received "a minimum 6 months waiting time" info from BMW Portugal for any new X, decided to order a 2015 Volvo XC60, pretty much loaded with everything including rear seat entertainment system for literally half the price of a less equipped X5, both with similar diesel engines (here market is minimum 95% diesel for new cars, no chance at all for anything else for resale) and both with 8 speed auto boxes. I thought I can't have what I want anymore, at least let's make the wife and kids safe and happy!

Still I am catching myself sometimes finding tempting used deals for an NSX, an RS2 and even one Opel Speedster and I regulary check available options for S2000s and Z4 or Z3M coupes that I always loved!
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #11
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for asking. Missing it pretty badly really and don't care for anything else around. Since I don't really need a car for myself here anymore I might well be walking regularly for the next 2 years and getting healthier just to give it back on dinner tables I wanted to order a X5 if not X6 or X4 for the wife and for family vacations type of duties but when I received "a minimum 6 months waiting time" info from BMW Portugal for any new X, decided to order a 2015 Volvo XC60, pretty much loaded with everything including rear seat entertainment system for literally half the price of a less equipped X5, both with similar diesel engines (here market is minimum 95% diesel for new cars, no chance at all for anything else for resale) and both with 8 speed auto boxes. I thought I can't have what I want anymore, at least let's make the wife and kids safe and happy!

Still I am catching myself sometimes finding tempting used deals for an NSX, an RS2 and even one Opel Speedster and I regulary check available options for S2000s and Z4 or Z3M coupes that I always loved!
Yes nothing out there I like except new gti but already have 2008 model. Started to look at z4 M. And S2000 also. It's sad how there really aren't any exciting cars anymore under 50K. I like evora but no back seat. Cayman looks amazing but would want S and steering wasn't that great either. I'm thinking Golf R too but depends on how configured. New gti is
Fun and half the
Money. Gives me hope for golf R. In the meantime maybe I get lucky and find 1M???
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #12
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Yes nothing out there I like except new gti but already have 2008 model. Started to look at z4 M. And S2000 also. It's sad how there really aren't any exciting cars anymore under 50K. I like evora but no back seat. Cayman looks amazing but would want S and steering wasn't that great either. I'm thinking Golf R too but depends on how configured. New gti is
Fun and half the
Money. Gives me hope for golf R. In the meantime maybe I get lucky and find 1M???
You'll find one, I am sure because you really want to and you appreciate this car for all the right reasons and everyone who does got his/hers at the end, like IDEI or Jay-K who did it twice like you also want.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 07:38 AM   #13
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
I wanted to order a X5 if not X6 or X4 for the wife and for family vacations type of duties but when I received "a minimum 6 months waiting time" info from BMW Portugal for any new X, decided to order a 2015 Volvo XC60, pretty much loaded with everything including rear seat entertainment system for literally half the price of a less equipped X5, both with similar diesel engines (here market is minimum 95% diesel for new cars, no chance at all for anything else for resale) and both with 8 speed auto boxes. I thought I can't have what I want anymore, at least let's make the wife and kids safe and happy!
Get one of these, Oz.

Name:  Volvo_Badge.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  174.3 KB
      09-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #14
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Get one of these, Oz.

Attachment 1097937

Right after the installation of the aftermarket cf wing maybe
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #15
urbanstorm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

I got real lucky with mine. I had to have No Nav, and Manual Seats. I found what I wanted.

The idea is to hang on to this car for a long time. I had an E36 previously I had kept in mint shape, and the only thing that dated the car was the OBC computer in the console.

In ten years time, the Idrive will probably look like an Atari.

Robert
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #16
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

My preferred vehicle option list: Hope you get yours soon!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #17
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K
all 1M in Indonesia have no Idrive and it will cost you $10000+- to retrofit one with the harman pardon package. and funny some did..

Lol @ Harman Pardon typo?

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #18
hajohehe
Private
Rep
Drives:

i have white 1m with 30k miles and no options other than only heated seat option. should i sell it?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #19
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajohehe View Post
i have white 1m with 30k miles and no options other than only heated seat option. should i sell it?
Nah, looking for someone that is sure they want to sell and are thinking of doing something quick like trading it in. If you're not sure keep it!

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #20
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Bump. Anyone contemplating new M3/M4 and want to get rid of that old, outdated 1M. : )

If you're trading it in to CarMax or dealer and it's a clean, No NAV car, maybe we can work something out.
Appreciate 0