BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Coming Soon - PROcede Rev.II Group Buy & Online Pre-configuring!

Did you ever think to yourself... "Hmm, it would be nice if I could get a tune that came in the mail programmed and mapped for my specific needs, mods, and options..." ??

Or maybe the thought of whipping out a laptop to configure the settings seemed like something that just wasn't worth it, so you end up running the default settings, and never see the full potential of your tune!

I installed this tune on my car a while ago (review thread here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188596 ) And I was impressed to say the least... I can honestly say that in my opinion this is the best tune on the market right now... which is why RiXeffects and P3 cars decided to make the process even better :smile:

When RiXeffects and P3 Cars got ahold of the PROcede Rev.II, the first thing we noticed is that this thing is LOADED with features, its complex, its EXTREMELY high quality, yet to some, could be confusing...

Our solution???
Before your unit ships, it gets pre-configured to your selections online, so that you can just install it, and GO!

We will be launching this new order page, along with an AWESOME deal that I had to string Shiv up by his toenails to let me offer :wink: (more on that later, sign up to get notified).

You can sign up on this page if you want to be notified when the new page is active: http://www.rixeffects.com/p3/rev2groupbuy

Here is a sample of what that will look like:

I went ahead a wrote up a breif summery of what these features do...

Tuning Stage:
Stage 0 - Car is stock, or has aftermarket drop-in filter or cat/axle-back exhaust.
Stage 1 - Car has open-element air filter (cone) intake system and stock downpipes.
Stage 2 - Car has catless downpipes, fully catless exhaust, and open-element (cone) air intake.
Stage 3 - Car has fully catless exhaust, open-element (cone) air intake, and upgraded FMIC (intercooler).

ECU Version:
If you do not know your ECU version, just select the default, v81/29.2+ (doomsday). These maps are compatible with ALL cars. If you know your software version is pre-29.2, feel free to select it instead.

Map 1 and 2 Octane:
Select the octane of gasoline you will use with each map. If you want to specify one map to be a Race Gas map, this would be the place to select that option. Please note, octane is calculated using the USA method of (RON+MON)/2

Traction Nanny:
This option, selectable for Map1 or Map2, reduces boost in 1st and a little less in 2nd gear to help keep you from spinning your tires. This can come in handy when drag racing, or in adverse weather conditions. Its also good for users that are not used to driving 400hp cars.

Keyfob Button Function:
This changes the function of the buttons on the PROcede remote control. The car will always start-up in the "OFF" button map, so make your selection accordingly. With the default setting, the car will startup in map1, and if you push the "ON" button, map 2 will be selected instantly, Pressing OFF would then return to Map 1. (please note, valet mode will change this function slightly, see below)

Speed Limit Defeat:
This function is for closed track use only. Please obey all posted speed laws. This feature, when "ON", will remove the cars pre-programmed top speed limiter (130mph for cars without sport package, 155mph for cars with sports package). Turn this feature ON, and the car will no longer be electronically speed limited.

O2 Modifier (for catless downpipes):
This will allow you to run catless downpipes without any CEL or engine codes. For private track use only

Valet Mode:
If you set this mode to ON, every time the car starts up it will be at stock boost levels. You will need to press the remote "ON" button to enable one of the PROcede maps. The valet mode can be configured to also have a speed limiter, see documentation on how to set this features in the vishnu software. Please see the keyfob button options above to configure the remote control to select map 1 or 2 when pressing the "ON" button to come out of valet mode.

Thats it for now... more to come soon! :biggrin:

-Rick

PROcede v3 Rev.II - GROUP BUY
Rev.II RACE PNP for $200 off MSRP, and add Vishu dual cone intakes for $99!
A potential savings of $300 off retail!(msrp of rev.2 Race = $1095 , msrp of dual cones = $199)

12-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #2
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
in
      12-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Also in
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 07:15 AM   #4
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
Sounds Nice.. but are the gains supposed to be more then the JB3's?

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_TT View Post
Sounds Nice.. but are the gains supposed to be more then the JB3's?
Gains are similar to JB3, but the power is more consistant. The new v3 maps have more low end "punch"

Personally I was able to improve my quarter mile times by 4 tenths and 2 mph by just switing from jb3 to v3. (I have a racelogic vbox for testing)

-Rick
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
:w00t:

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

What happens if you order it for 93 octane and drive it to an area that has only octane levels lower than 93 or somebody that is a less carful puts in 91 or less?

Can you disable or switch maps to allow for this condition?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
What happens if you order it for 93 octane and drive it to an area that has only octane levels lower than 93 or somebody that is a less carful puts in 91 or less?

Can you disable or switch maps to allow for this condition?
It would be fine, not throw any codes... you would just lose some power.

Also, all these options can be re-configured by the user using the free vishnu software!

-Rick
Appreciate 0