BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #45
axtech
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport

I just spent months hunting for the 'ultimate' fun car for under $40,000, and after test driving many options in the range, only the 128i offered all of the following:
1. Mesmerizing sound of the I6 at startup
2. Smoothest power delivery throughout the entire RPM band
3. A proven reliable engine that's been in evolutionary development for over 10 years
4. Last of its breed - this is an instant classic due to it being the last NA-I6 model in production EVER, and have no doubts this will be a collectible in 10 years when ALL engine sounds are synthetic and piped in (it will be standard on ALL cars, you watch).
5. 3200 lbs. for a RWD 2+2 sports coupe with the dimensions of the original 3 series but double the horsepower - these specs are amazing. This car feels so solidly built but drives with the nimbleness and balance of a much lighter car; yes, a used Cayman handles better and feels lighter but those advantages were not sooo great that it overcame the sad flat-6 engine rattle (just upgrade the sway bars for under $500 and you've pretty much eliminated the 128i understeer).
Appreciate 0