BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
Levndi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

Hi guys, I've got a 2010 BMW 135i DCT which is coming out of warranty this December. I've taken it to my local BMW dealer at least a dozen times and each time I take it they tell me the car is fine - it doesn't feel/sound fine though.

Whenever I'm coming up to a stop, the car has a thud noise from the front, and is at times very jerky (especially in traffic). Normal mode drives how sports mode use to in traffic - it is not smooth at all anymore. When I downshift the car in paddle mode it also jerks and it's not smooth, not sure what is going on? One more problem is the car has a loud shudder when I turn it off - it doesn't sound normal. The weird thing is that whenever I take it to bmw and they reset everything the car feels normal, it's after one or two drives that the problems come back.

I just want my car feeling 100% again (especially since it's coming out of warranty in 2 months!)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
I'd reset the throttle memory. Put key in ignition foot off break and press start to get aux power. Hold foot on gas all the way down for 45 seconds then release.

If that doesn't work you may want to look into changing transmission fluid. How many miles? I just did mine at 6 years 45k miles and it now shifts like butter.
      12-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #3
SHFT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levndi View Post
Hi guys, I've got a 2010 BMW 135i DCT which is coming out of warranty this December. I've taken it to my local BMW dealer at least a dozen times and each time I take it they tell me the car is fine - it doesn't feel/sound fine though.

Whenever I'm coming up to a stop, the car has a thud noise from the front, and is at times very jerky (especially in traffic). Normal mode drives how sports mode use to in traffic - it is not smooth at all anymore. When I downshift the car in paddle mode it also jerks and it's not smooth, not sure what is going on? One more problem is the car has a loud shudder when I turn it off - it doesn't sound normal. The weird thing is that whenever I take it to bmw and they reset everything the car feels normal, it's after one or two drives that the problems come back.

I just want my car feeling 100% again (especially since it's coming out of warranty in 2 months!)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
It might be the thrust arm bushings going bad. I had a similar issue and it turns out that's what it was which I opted for the m3 replacements. I hope that helps.
      12-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #4
wtbdeath
Registered
Rep
Drives: 130i

Any code? It could be simple as a MAF clean.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Have SIB 12 15 14 performed on your car. Your SW needs to be updated.

Dackel

Quote:
SIB number is 12 15 14.. And this is what it says for the situation:
"A customer may complain that after coming to a stop, the engine speed intermittently fluctuates from about 500 RPM to 1,100 RPM.

This situation can be more noticeable when the air conditioner is on."

Updated DME software and got fun noises..
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033690
Appreciate 0