BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-21-2015, 02:02 PM   #67
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Drove to Dallas and stayed up till 3 am and completed 60k maintenance. Actually kind of fun. Complete fluids: Diff, trans, brake, coolant, oil. Changed the water pump and t-stat. Walnut blasted intakes. Yikes it was dirty, the worst two are below. I installed a BMS catch can. I did not have to trim engine cover as some have suggested. Took about 4 hours in total (had the help of a pro!) Here are a few pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      09-21-2015, 02:32 PM   #68
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

That's a ton of work. How big a pain was the water pump? I watched the Bavauto DIY video and even though it looked straightforward, I wasn't filled with warm fuzziness imagining doing it with the car up on jackstands. Face full of coolant, more like ...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 05:28 PM   #69
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
That's a ton of work. How big a pain was the water pump? I watched the Bavauto DIY video and even though it looked straightforward, I wasn't filled with warm fuzziness imagining doing it with the car up on jackstands. Face full of coolant, more like ...
Not too bad with a lift but it would be a huge pia on jack stands. Coolant goes everywhere and it is a very tight space. Doable but I wouldn't want to.
Appreciate 0