BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #23
*mt*
BMW driver
Rep
Drives: BMW

Too bad that the thread has taken such a direction.
I only wanted to share my video and i hoped to make some people a joy, like i enjoy watching other car videos.
constructive comments are welcome. some things can be improved others not

maybe the best thing would be, if a mod closes the thread...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #24
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-330 View Post
I only wanted to share my video and i hoped to make some people a joy, like i enjoy watching other car videos.

You made joy. Don't worry.
      07-30-2014, 06:46 PM   #25
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:

I'd probably re-post and start a general videos thread. That way others can play too! I sincerely hope thicker skin will be displayed in the next one.
      07-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #26
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
I'd probably re-post and start a general videos thread. That way others can play too! I sincerely hope thicker skin will be displayed in the next one.
Then maybe you should try playing nice. And you're the one who got all sensitive and started name calling.
      07-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #27
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
I enjoyed it immensely. Thank you for making the video. The music went well with the atmosphere you created.

I do agree the first shot is awkward with the camera car left in it (despite being about the other two cars) and the music was a little loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post
Great video! Nothing is ever perfect so don't worry about the critics. Love the exhaust of those two cars!
Quote:
Why be a sycophant? It's constructive criticism.
Quote:
Why criticize? Did he ask for your opinion? Can you do better? Can't you just say something complimentary, I mean you did, but then you had to ruin it. Are you an expert? And do you even know what sycophant means? I doubt it because you're not using it correctly. And I don't remember directing anything at you, my comment was to the OP!
Quote:
Sycophant: a person who praises powerful people in order to get their approval.

Yes, I used it correctly based on my perception of your actions in denouncing "critics" in order to seem like a good guy to the OP. If you would like, please go look up the synonym bootlicker. And yes I was calling you out. Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

FWIW I was trying to help him make his videos better, as his work has the potential to be GREAT rather than merely good, and seeming the OP didn't mind the constructive comment I think we're done here.
Quote:
How is the OP powerful? You're an idiot and I don't give a damn about your perception of my actions! He doesn't need your help. Just pay him a compliment and shut the hell up! I'd like to see you do half that good. Trying to hide behind big words when you don't even use them right! Here's my big word… IDIOT!
Not sure I ever called you a childish name (namecalling) but merely described your behavior, which was apt. There was a mature way to respond to my initial comment towards you, unfortunately you went with taking shots at my intelligence and command of the English language. This was then followed up with profanity. As it is I regret the comment as it derailed the OPs thread. On the plus side, I know what kind of person you are and how you respond to stress. Have a nice night.
      07-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #28
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Digging the green accents on the 1er. Cool vid!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #29
inline sex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I 6MT

Awesome work. Makes me want a 1er more!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 12:17 AM   #30
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not sure I ever called you a childish name (namecalling) but merely described your behavior, which was apt. There was a mature way to respond to my initial comment towards you, unfortunately you went with taking shots at my intelligence and command of the English language. This was then followed up with profanity. As it is I regret the comment as it derailed the OPs thread. On the plus side, I know what kind of person you are and how you respond to stress. Have a nice night.
Look, you're being hypocritical and overly sensitive here, and it's causing you some trouble. No one said that you always have to agree with the OP and other commenters. A couple of you happened to dislike parts of the OP's video; I liked it all and said that he shouldn't worry about the critics because he wasn't asking for critiques to begin with. You took this as a personal attack when it was meant as a generalized statement of encouragement to the OP, who put the effort into making this video and was nice enough to share it, and then initiated the insults by calling me, incorrectly, a sycophant. Now you're crying about mild language and tone trolling me. Next time you encounter an opinion that you disagree with (that wasn't directed at you, anyway) show off some of that thicker skin you're telling other people to have and stop trying to police everybody. Now we're done.
      07-31-2014, 05:29 AM   #31
SlickShift
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW E90 M3 ZCP, '21 X5 ZMP

Great video!
Retired: '00 323i, '06 325Ci, '09 135i, '06 Z4M Roadster, '93 525i, '76 2002, '14 X1, '14 M235i, '16 X4, '16 435i
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 10:11 AM   #32
e82m_van
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1m

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #33
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:

I think you can both agree the thread has gone awry. Just shoot him a PM and see if you're both willing to delete posts and move on.

I liked your video. My only criticism is to get a bigger budget, hire a F1 driver, throw in some helicopters and make a sick video like this. Then as you cross the finish line, replace exhaust notes with fat man screaming LOL (wait that may not have been constructive).