BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #89
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom///M View Post
And 265/35 stock size for the rears is not available in the PSSs in Dubai.
Get the PSS 265/19 tires shipped to you (or your tire dealer) by a foreign big tire vendor (for example board sponsor tirerack.com) + a spare set (just in case of need [tire puncture, future replacement]).

Problem resolved.
      11-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #90
TomTom///M
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M / Ferrari 458 Speciale

Artemis: good plan, tried that before, they wouldn't bite...

Ah well, got the PSSs on now. And yes, they're as good as advertised by everybody. Might also because I'm comparing them to the PS2s-turned-slick of the last couple of weeks, but still, very impressive.

And haven't noticed any rubbing (yet), so that should be okay too!

Thanks all!
      11-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #91
TomTom///M
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M / Ferrari 458 Speciale

I'm back. And yes, I do like the PSSs.

However, I do experience some rubbing, at the fronts, which are featuring the stock sizes (245/35/19) but on the PSSs instead of the stock PS2s. It's only a very slow speed with close to full lock, but it's annoying nonetheless. Ah well, I guess the rubber and / or plastic will give way sooner rather than later anyway.

Haven't noticed any issues at the back yet.
      11-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #92
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom///M View Post
I'm back. And yes, I do like the PSSs.

However, I do experience some rubbing, at the fronts, which are featuring the stock sizes (245/35/19) but on the PSSs instead of the stock PS2s. It's only a very slow speed with close to full lock, but it's annoying nonetheless. Ah well, I guess the rubber and / or plastic will give way sooner rather than later anyway.

Haven't noticed any issues at the back yet.
I'm having my PSS fitted at the weekend.

Do you find them to be a lot better than the PS2s as noted in this thread?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #93
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

I've covered 270 miles on the PSS now and I'm very impressed with them! We've had quite a bit of rain here in the UK over the past week and last night it was very heavy. There were large areas of standing water, rivers running along the roadside, etc, but the PSS were unfazed. They cut through the rain as if it wasn't even there. To say I was impressed is an understatement!!

In the dry they are even better. The front end grip feels positive and there is a real "sticky feeling" when they dig in around a corner. I've not fully explored the grip levels yet as I guess I'm still technically running them in, but they are miles ahead of my former Pilot Sport 2s.

As said by a number of people on here, they are highly recommended!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #94
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
I replaced my rears with 275/35 over 500 miles ago and haven't noticed any significant changes in traction, but I am running -2.0 camber. Could be the cooler temps that are affecting power and traction.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #95
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
I replaced my rears with 275/35 over 500 miles ago and haven't noticed any significant changes in traction, but I am running -2.0 camber. Could be the cooler temps that are affecting power and traction.
Your previous rears were PS2 or stock size PSS? Tirerack quotes between the 265/35 and 275/35 tread width differs only 0.2 inches, from 10.0 to 10.2. So probably not noticeable in traction indeed.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0