E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I'm sweating bullets over what almost happened a few minutes ago!..

06-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

I'm sweating bullets over what almost happened a few minutes ago!..

WOW! So Im exiting the offramp of the highway to merge onto the city road (There is a lane designated for this) and all I have is a yield sign, and I usually come to a rolling stop, look to make sure no one from the road switches into my lane, and proceed. So I pull the same procedure a few minutes ago, and I noticed a car in the lane next to mine as Im starting to accelerate. Well out of no where, with no turn signal she starts to drift into my lane while Im accelerating out of her blind spot, I SLAM the brakes and blow the horn and i came SOO close to skidding into her rear quarter panel, within a foot probably. And the amazing thing is, after i blow the horn she casually changes back into her lane like nothing f'n happened while Im skidding and praying for my car's life that i dont hit her.

So at the next light her POS cavalier pulls up to mine, (i already had the windows down) Im glaring at her for a few seconds, wave my arms and she fucking IGNORES me, couldnt even acknowledge that she nearly hit me and give an apologetic wave or anything.

I was so angry at the moment, and felt all this rage build up upon me, I had no one else in the car to vent to, and I didnt feel like burning out or flooring it to release the anger. I grabbed my gatorade bottle and threw it at her window to relief the frustration. I stunned myself by doing that, I never did things like that in my old car when a near accident almost occured. Im kinda sorry, but i still feel she deserved it. B*tch.

Sorry, just had to vent.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #2
AW330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 330i

its too bad her window wasnt down!
      06-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
IraXI
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335I Coupe

and her reaction to the gatorade bottle was?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Obviously the car's advanced braking system helped save you from actually colliding with her car. Is that correct?

I read that you came close to skidding into her car. Did your car acvtually skid or was that your words?

Thankfully you did not have a collision and I agree that the sicko woman could have had the courtesy to apologise but the sick idiot did not. I can understand your anger and throwing the bottle at her window.

The mainm thing is that YOU are OK.

Hope you calm down soon. Take care.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IraXI
and her reaction to the gatorade bottle was?
I caught her turn her head quickly, glare at me for a second (she knew i threw something). Then I took off.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3
WOW! So Im exiting the offramp of the highway to merge onto the city road (There is a lane designated for this) and all I have is a yield sign, and I usually come to a rolling stop, look to make sure no one from the road switches into my lane, and proceed. So I pull the same procedure a few minutes ago, and I noticed a car in the lane next to mine as Im starting to accelerate. Well out of no where, with no turn signal she starts to drift into my lane while Im accelerating out of her blind spot, I SLAM the brakes and blow the horn and i came SOO close to skidding into her rear quarter panel, within a foot probably. And the amazing thing is, after i blow the horn she casually changes back into her lane like nothing f'n happened while Im skidding and praying for my car's life that i dont hit her.

So at the next light her POS cavalier pulls up to mine, (i already had the windows down) Im glaring at her for a few seconds, wave my arms and she fucking IGNORES me, couldnt even acknowledge that she nearly hit me and give an apologetic wave or anything.

I was so angry at the moment, and felt all this rage build up upon me, I had no one else in the car to vent to, and I didnt feel like burning out or flooring it to release the anger. I grabbed my gatorade bottle and threw it at her window to relief the frustration. I stunned myself by doing that, I never did things like that in my old car when a near accident almost occured. Im kinda sorry, but i still feel she deserved it. B*tch.

Sorry, just had to vent.
Your actions were understandable and I might have done the same. I probably would have waited until I got in front and them sprayed the car with it. Some drivers are unreal.
      06-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
foofighter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 TRD Off Road 4r - 2018 M3

i swear sometimes people are soooo absent minded when they're driving it's scary that they make it to their destination at all
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #8
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David325Australia
Obviously the car's advanced braking system helped save you from actually colliding with her car. Is that correct?

I read that you came close to skidding into her car. Did your car acvtually skid or was that your words?

Thankfully you did not have a collision and I agree that the sicko woman could have had the courtesy to apologise but the sick idiot did not. I can understand your anger and throwing the bottle at her window.

The mainm thing is that YOU are OK.

Hope you calm down soon. Take care.
Absolutely, the cars brakes in this emergency situation were phenominal, i shouldve touched on that, the car definately skidded, as i went from accelerating in 2nd gear, to slamming the brakes in an instant.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #9
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep

Im starting to think my reaction with the gatorade bottle was in part because Im much more protective of this car than my old one. (Sounds dumb). My old wrx, it was a nice car, but it took a beating for 5 years... highschool parking lots, road trips, heavy mileage, i didnt really care all that much about its appearance, so scratchs and dings didnt bother me a whole lot, when I sold the car I probably had over 10 dings, 3 nice key marks, 3 dents, tons of rock chips.

Im definately more protective of the bimmer, as I should be.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #10
Bimmerforlife
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

When something like this happens it makes you realize just how important the German enginering is in our vehicles. I had a similar type situation merging into a freeway, I literally had to go from 40 mph to 0 in a fraction of a sec to prevent me from hitting the person in front of me and I was not tailgateing. My car stopped on a dime, the seat belt tightend and locked and I could literally feel my car taking over saving me from an accident. After it happen I was shaken because I had just bought my E46. I almost wrote a ltr to BMW thanking them for their braking system and how it saved me from a nasty accident. From that day on...I never again complained about brake dust on my wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #11
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi/2019 bmw 230i

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Something similar happened to me, but I didn't have any Gatorade so instead I threw an axe that I had in the back seat. It shattered her window and I'm not sure if she lived or not, cause I just took off.
f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #12
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Women Drivers, No Survivors!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #13
diesel007
Not Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325I

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
That was stupid. Why don't you relax instead of throwing objects out of your window and possibly causing an accident behind you?

1/1/072/1/07
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #14
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel007
That was stupid. Why don't you relax instead of throwing objects out of your window and possibly causing an accident behind you?
evidently you don't read too well. She and I were stopped at a light. And it was a dumb reaction, but i doubt a mini 8 OZ. bottle will cause an accident.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #15
MB330
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauderek
Something similar happened to me, but I didn't have any Gatorade
It's time to get one!
Here is free coupon for you
http://couponing.about.com/gi/dynami...Forderform.pdf
      06-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #16
Darrel Revok
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330XI

People who drive like her don't anticipate someone actually accelerating. The possibility of you being in her blind spot never crossed her mind, because she doesn't know cars can actually accelerate faster then 0-60 in 15 minutes. Not using the blinker was the icing on the cake.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #17
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi/2019 bmw 230i

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVKI89
It's time to get one!
Here is free coupon for you
http://couponing.about.com/gi/dynami...Forderform.pdf
Thanks! Got one for Powerade?
f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #18
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Some people should not have a drivers permit. I do believe they issue some of them through Walmart. Hell, you can basically get everything else there.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #19
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Quote:

Sorry, just had to vent.
I drive a cavalier bitch
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #20
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [10.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Sorry, just had to vent.
Dude ... sorry but that was wrong what you did. I was feelin for you till you said you threw the bottle at her car. Not good. That's called road rage. If she was a big guy in truck bet you wouldn't have done that. You should need to learn some self control.
      06-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #21
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Glad you're OK...

though I have a little different take on the situation.
I am assuming that your description has you merging from the right onto a two lane highway where she is in the left lane. The way this movie runs in my mind is that you merge right next to her, she never sees you. You are now at roughly the same speed, but running just behind her right rear quarterpanel. You 'punch it' in order to pass her on the right. She is blissfully unaware of your presence and starts to make an unannounced lane change. You slam on the brakes, give her the horn, then glare at her at the next intersection. Not getting any acknowledgement whatsoever, you launch the gatorade bottle. She wisely keeps her window rolled up and takes off.

In the first case, it sounds as though you merged right next to her. That's legal, but if there's a yield sign, I always prefer to wait until both lanes are clear. Often that's just a matter of seconds.

In the second instance, you mentioned that you accelerated out of her blind spot. By definition this means that you were in her blind spot, and while I too would be upset at her for not signaling, it is plausible that she never saw you. Decelerating, then looping around and flashing your beams in preparation for passing on the LEFT side would have been safer, given appropriate traffic conditions.

No doubt she should have been more aware of her surroundings, but honestly, I think that if you take your contribution to the situation into account, that may help you let go of your anger. Your beautiful car is intact, and you don't even have to worry about disposing of your gatorade bottle at home. Clearly she did owe you a 'sorry' wave, as in the Seinfeld episode.

BTW - If you merged from the left, then I'm with you right except for the bottle throwing. If you're in the UK, well, then I've got left-right confusion and need to take a tylenol.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #22
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

you've got to calm down in situations like that. What if she had a gun on her? You never know what people are carrying around these days.
On top of that, what if the gatorade bottle hit her on her face causing bruises and bumps, you could've had a potential run-in with the police or a lawsuit on your hand.
I admit, when I was younger, I probalby would've done something stupid like that, but knowing that the road is a much dangerous place, I think twice before doing something regretful. I remember quite a few years back, similiar situation happened, a guy cut me off on the highway, I was so pissed off, after we both got off the same exit, I was right next to him, I was yelling at him, and he taunted me (he had a lady passenger), that got me more pissed, so I tailgated him for a long while, driving crazily. Thinking back, that was definitely not the smart thing to do, what if he had a gun? or what if he had called his friends to help him? plus I had my then-girlfirend with me at the time, what if she got hurt in the process?
Long story short, road rage is not worth you life, please be safe out there on the road