BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-12-2007, 01:43 AM   #23
Devon K
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post
It also visually lengthensat all. the car.
I find the straightened accent line in the modified photo increases the apparent length of the car by unifying the horizontal expanse of the entire side profile of the vehicle by drawing the eyes out to the extremes from the middle. The curved love handles on the other hand break up that expanse into visually distinct sections, giving the car a stubbier appearance.

As to which is preferable, that is a tight call, and it's the sort of decision that could only really be made after viewing decent-sized 3D models.

The headlight reduction at the outer edges could have been taken even further, but the good news is that the NA production model will have amber turn signal lights in the margins that will reduce the apparent size of those honking-big eyes.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 04:58 AM   #24
alpini
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F32 420d M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice13water View Post
love handels they dont make much of a difference but i like the official pic better then the photo shop
same here
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #25
dieselchas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I can deal with the love handles... Sure looks cool without the shark fin!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #26
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon K View Post
...but the good news is that the NA production model will have amber turn signal lights in the margins that will reduce the apparent size of those honking-big eyes.
what makes you say that.. no released pictures have had amber corner sections thus far?

regardless i just really hope theres a sort of all black headlight housing available from the dealership or soon thereafter; it should make them look smaller and more aggressive, which is needed.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #27
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetect View Post
what makes you say that.. no released pictures have had amber corner sections thus far?
From the BMW USA website:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0