BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
Segments
Aspiring 1'er
Rep
Drives: 2008 BSM 135i

2nd Gear Hard Hesitation

Ok guys, so what I've noticed when my car is in sport / manual mode, is that it decides to stutter pretty hard in 2nd gear, most noticeable under a heavier throttle obviously. Recently the plugs have been changed, and I just had a walnut blast within a few months. Would you guys suggest injectors next ? Gonna try and see if I can get those done under extended warranty, but what else could you guys think of ? It honestly ruins acceleration from a dead stop for me unless I go WOT , which usually solves the problem of stuttering. Let me know, and thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:06 PM   #2
BMW135pls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bucket of screws and sadness

Interesting. I've noticed a slightly rough shift at lower RPMs (DD driving) in S/M modes following a trans flush (not sure of the fluid used), but when shifting above 4k or so, the problem disappears and shifting is instant and smooth. Very interesting that you claim basically the exact opposite. Curious to see where this ends up.
      04-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
Segments
Aspiring 1'er
Rep
Drives: 2008 BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135pls View Post
Interesting. I've noticed a slightly rough shift at lower RPMs (DD driving) in S/M modes following a trans flush (not sure of the fluid used), but when shifting above 4k or so, the problem disappears and shifting is instant and smooth. Very interesting that you claim basically the exact opposite. Curious to see where this ends up.
It's as if when I'm in 2nd gear, my car isn't being fed fuel the correct way. I was originally thinking injectors. The car feels like it doesn't wanna go . 3rd gear, I decided to test, and I hit 7k RPM no problems, smooth. I rarely let the car rev out , but I've noticed EVERY time, that even when warm I still feel some obvious hesitation in 2nd.
Appreciate 0