BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
magiik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 E82 135i, '21 G01 X3 M40i

My New Used '09 135i

Just joining the forums, seems like this will be a good place for info once I get around to modding the car.

Just bought myself a 2009 135i - f*cking loving this car so far it's amazing ( coming from an acura rsx ). Think it worked out nicely, low mileage lease vehicle that I'm fairly certain was a woman's driver from the recorded names in the phonebook ( not to be sexist, but I'm guessing it wasn't driven as hard as I would have driven it - but she did drive manual.... ).

Drove up the 2 highway into the mountains and a friend took some snaps after Thanksgiving. I think he's still photoshopping/touching up the rest, but this one came out pretty nice so far.

I think my first exterior mod will be those black kidney grills - with the black window trim/liner I think it will match nicely. That and I think I'm going to need a radar detector.... And we'll see how long I can get away without my front license plate in California - though I've heard some double sided tape and a quick trip to the police station every couple months might not be that bad.

Thinking about putting an ECU reflash in it eventually - but all these posts/threads about BMW tune detection is scaring me ( I'll prolly do it anyways, maybe after the 50k mark ). But everything I hear about the motor sounds like it can handle the modest Stage 1 chip tunes....

So here are some photos/snaps of my beautiful new car.

click the images for the large version

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
When I bought the car, and another trip I just took up to Mammoth ( man that drive on the 395 is fantastic ).
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Re tunes...in all practicality i'd say you're pretty safe. Other than a few instances of big turbo blowups or really early n54 tunes i don't know of any motors being blown. So i'm not sure what the concern is as you're not going to be in the position of having to explain a blown motor and the DME telling on you. The problems most seen with this motor, i.e., fuel pump, vanos, plugs are all recalls i believe so they will replace those as needs be regardless of what you've done, warranty or not. Just stick with the well known tuners and i'm going to say you're fine; Procede, Jb4, Cobb, Giac...

Last edited by infinitekidM2C; 12-07-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
magiik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 E82 135i, '21 G01 X3 M40i

know of any chip tunes that are able to change tuning profiles on the fly? Like some weird passcode/pattern I can do with one of the levers ( e.g. up up down down left right, etc... )? From what I gather it's a 15-20 minute process to re-flash the ECU.

I can't imagine how much more gas I'll start burning once I increase power.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
R3SQ
Douchenozzle.
Rep
Drives: 135i

Loving the grey!
      12-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
BAL278
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiik View Post
know of any chip tunes that are able to change tuning profiles on the fly? Like some weird passcode/pattern I can do with one of the levers ( e.g. up up down down left right, etc... )? From what I gather it's a 15-20 minute process to re-flash the ECU.

JB4 and Procede

2008 335xi Jet Black//Coral Red
VTT Stage 1+// Procede V5//VRSF DPs//AMS FMIC//KW V1//M3 Sways & Sub Bushings// Alpina AT flash
Apex EC-7//Michelin PSS//Dinan CAI
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
BAL278
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi JB

1 on the grey.. Itll look great with black accents (i.e. grills, trim, rims)

2008 335xi Jet Black//Coral Red
VTT Stage 1+// Procede V5//VRSF DPs//AMS FMIC//KW V1//M3 Sways & Sub Bushings// Alpina AT flash
Apex EC-7//Michelin PSS//Dinan CAI
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
icabod7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiik View Post

GIAC has a handheld map-switcher than can change maps on the fly.
cdv delete | clutch stop | bmw performance ssk | meisterschaft gt | berk mids | dinan cai | helix fmic | m3 subframe bushings, swaybar, front and back suspension bits | dinan stage 1 suspension | dinan cf strut brace |gc camber plates | dinan oil cooler | apex ec-7s w/PSSs | cobb stage 1 + fmic
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #8
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

congrats!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0