BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2008, 05:18 AM   #23
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

I have heard of some people with ordering troubles on certain combos but if he doesn't know how to do it.. perhaps another SA will. Many US pre-orders have ordered high gloss black, including myself.
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 08:21 AM   #24
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Piano Black is Soooo Hot w/ the Coral Red. Damn!
Got my test drive sched for Friday!!
(It's in an automatic though) Have to wait till after the launch day to drive the 6 spd.
BTW-My SA told me that they have a huge allocation here in Upstate NY, and that getting one in 6 weeks from order should be no prob!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #25
Alpine1er
Rep
Drives:

for those who got gloss black trim, do you find that it shows finger prints and dust a lot. I'm on the fence between it and the glacier aluminum trim. I like the way the gloss looks, but i don't want get all finger prints on it and then wish i got the glacier which would've looked neater. and i still like the glacier look as well. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 11:27 PM   #26
emm3tt
Out Driving
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine1er View Post
for those who got gloss black trim, do you find that it shows finger prints and dust a lot. I'm on the fence between it and the glacier aluminum trim. I like the way the gloss looks, but i don't want get all finger prints on it and then wish i got the glacier which would've looked neater. and i still like the glacier look as well. thanks.
Whatever the case with the fingerprints, it's gonna look a lot better than that crappy textured silver. It really is way worse than the pictures. I'm glad I didn't go ahead and order one because I would have gotten aluminum trim.

01 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 05:40 AM   #27
TP 135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i SGM MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine1er View Post
I've got the high gloss black trim and don't see where it will be a problem (only had it for 2 days so I have no "long term" experience). The main piece on your dash shouldn't be getting finger prints anyway......who's gonna be sitting there touching the trim (and if they do let them wipe it off) I haven't noticed any prints on my door pulls which will be regularly touched, so they must not show very well, because I assume that they are there.
As far as dust......yes you are going to get dust on the trim, just as you would on any trim. I keep a microfiber cloth in my drivers door pocket on all my cars just for that reason. Other cars have wood trim which shows dust when sunlit just as any smooth surface will.
The aluminum trim will, no doubt, be better at hiding dust and prints, but it's not that big of a deal to keep the smooth trim looking good.
What trim color do you like better with the interior color? That's what you should be asking yourself.
Just my opinion, of course.
And FYI.........I absolutely love my gloss black trim. As mentioned in the first post on this thread, it's metallic. BUT you can only see the metallic properties in direct sunlight and the metallic is very very tiny speckles. In any other light it looks just black.
It's kinda like my SGM car color (and I hear like Sedona). Changes look in different lighting.........very cool effect.
Hope this helped with your thoughts.

2008 135i SGM
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 06:41 AM   #28
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I can say that it does show dust on mine, not badly, but you can see it after a day... I love the blackness of it, and as TP_135i states, it looks black for the most part, but in certain light changes color very slightly because of the tiny metal flakes in it.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #29
Alpine1er
Rep
Drives:

thanks for the replies guys. i think i'll go with the black trim as i think it looks better IMO, and like you said just a wipe with the microfiber cloth should be sufficient. enjoy your 1ers, i know i'll enjoy mine when i hopefully receive it in August (hope i'm not too late with the order, but i'm willing to wait for this car.)
Appreciate 0