BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #45
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 manual

thanks Bryan, I know my spelling is hopeless (maths is my strong suit). Im glad you like the route.
Bob have a look at this-
http://www.wotif.com/search/Advanced...9&viewType=all
see what you think. give you a ruff idea about where to stay and what is avalible. these are all around near where I live and near some pretty good eating and drinking venues.
Also give me some indication of where you all might want to stay so as I can hone in on them.
Ill start another thread soon so as to get some indication of numbers and then might work on some places for a discount for numbers.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 12:29 AM   #46
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

[QUOTE
Kim and I left the Woden area at about 11.30am (in kims X5 (4.6 V8) incase we encountered dirt!!) and procceded to urriarra Xing, had a look up the Wee Jasper road a bit but that turned into dirt ( you are right Bryan) so Im thinking Joe and T/Lee wont come here so we turned around and got back onto the Brinderbella Rd off to Condor creek did a u turn about 9k's before as turned into another dirt road but a good road up to there, back to the Cotter. [/QUOTE]

... OK.. So i dont like getting my car tooooooo dirty..

BUT...We are in...

Great recon by the way Chris... Any fillups along the way once we leave Woden..... For the bimmers that is.. Those small tanks get dry pretty fast with spirited driving..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #47
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep

Gotta think of every one Joe.
Fill up on the way into town there is a Caltex or Shell. Depending on your poison fill up at the BP at Marulan if you want thats about 140k away from the start so say 180k drive on top you should be ok.
Re driver fill up, maybe Corin not too much though still a bit of driving to go

Last edited by Yep 135; 03-09-2009 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #48
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Well said!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 02:10 AM   #49
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

A shame the Kingston Terrace Apartments are booked out that weekend. I've heard very good things about that place and we were thinking of staying there last weekend (until we had a change of plans!).

Diplomat Hotel looks like a bloody good option.

Or Embassy Motel for a cheaper option.

Yeh, once we get out onto Cotter Rd, there won't be any serious refuelling options until later in the afternoon when the convoy returns to the city. We will have plenty of range provided everyone fills up when we get to Canberra.
      03-09-2009, 05:19 AM   #50
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

I think its time boys to set up a dedicated post for this drive and see who is serious..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #51
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran View Post
A shame the Kingston Terrace Apartments are booked out that weekend. I've heard very good things about that place and we were thinking of staying there last weekend (until we had a change of plans!).

Diplomat Hotel looks like a bloody good option.

Or Embassy Motel for a cheaper option.

Yeh, once we get out onto Cotter Rd, there won't be any serious refuelling options until later in the afternoon when the convoy returns to the city. We will have plenty of range provided everyone fills up when we get to Canberra.
Embassy is good, tired but honest, not dirty. Value for money. 3-5min from the restruants and bars. easy to get to and get out of town from. My pick.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 06:16 AM   #52
2bob
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW white135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep 135 View Post
Embassy is good, tired but honest, not dirty. Value for money. 3-5min from the restruants and bars. easy to get to and get out of town from. My pick.
Iwill go with that any bed will do after a long drive
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 06:25 AM   #53
2bob
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW white135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep 135 View Post
thanks Bryan, I know my spelling is hopeless (maths is my strong suit). Im glad you like the route.
Bob have a look at this-
http://www.wotif.com/search/Advanced...9&viewType=all
see what you think. give you a ruff idea about where to stay and what is avalible. these are all around near where I live and near some pretty good eating and drinking venues.
Also give me some indication of where you all might want to stay so as I can hone in on them.
Ill start another thread soon so as to get some indication of numbers and then might work on some places for a discount for numbers.

count me in on any deals Chris
Appreciate 0