BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-13-2014, 05:43 AM   #1
OtakuRevel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO E82 1M /// MW F80 M3

Southern Hospitality 1M

Fell in love from the moment these cars were announced. Wanted it to be the first car I bought new, but timing/money wasn't on my side. 2 years later and I come across one by chance at a friends work. Did pay more than I would have if I had bought new, but it's limited production so not too surprised.

So much fun and still worth the price. Glad the previous owner installed the blacked out grills. After a couple months I started making it mine. Switched interior to LEDs, installed the LUX H8 LEDs, picked up the N55 mids, slapped on the H&R springs, and grabbed a Slēk front lip.

Then decided on the GT Haus exhaust. Definitely adds a drone and of course it happens around highway cruising rpms. Oh well, sounds so amazing otherwise.

Currently awaiting wheels and debating on coilovers. The H&Rs feel great, but basically they put the height where it should have been from the factory. Torn between the JRZ 1s and the Ohlins. KW V3s have more adjustment than I know what to do with, but are still an option.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
jpgurl
Registered
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Orange cars rule.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
QtipCupid
My Four-Legged Friend's Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428i Convertible

Garage List
NICE CAR!!!!!
      04-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M/330CI ZHP

Car looks great! What's the drop front/rear with the H&R's? I have been toying with the idea of picking up some lowering springs myself, mostly to get rid of the fender gap in the front. Since these look so good on your car this might be the route I go. Also, are you running any spacers? Looks like I need to make some more trips down to the Atlanta area if I want to see another 1M in the wild. Not that they are too common in the Metro Atl. area, but there are a few others on the forum with 1M's who reside there. It's been pretty lonely up here in North Georgia!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 01:11 AM   #5
OtakuRevel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The drop is fairly close to what H&R states. They ride really well, a bit better than factory IMO. No spacers since I am already waiting on my new wheels to be finished and spent a good bit of time researching specs to get as functionally flush as possible.

I have not seen a single other 1M since I picked mine up. Once saw a BSM 1M once it was released upon the world, have heard sightings of an AW 1M, and found pics of a slammed AW 1M at Road Atlanta (am curious what coils that one is running).

Would like to meet the other 1Ms in GA.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 02:45 AM   #6
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

KW V3, ftw
congrats. everybody's jealous!
      04-14-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

I'm in Savannah. Let me know if you make it to the coast. My stocks stripper BSM needs friends.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuRevel View Post
The drop is fairly close to what H&R states. They ride really well, a bit better than factory IMO. No spacers since I am already waiting on my new wheels to be finished and spent a good bit of time researching specs to get as functionally flush as possible.

I have not seen a single other 1M since I picked mine up. Once saw a BSM 1M once it was released upon the world, have heard sightings of an AW 1M, and found pics of a slammed AW 1M at Road Atlanta (am curious what coils that one is running).

Would like to meet the other 1Ms in GA.
My 1M is AW, but that definitely would not have been me since I have never been in the Atlanta area with the car. I believe the pics you saw of the 1M at Road Atlanta were probably Dan Parker's 1M. He no longer has the car, but when he did I believe he ran some type of Motons.

Curious as to what kind of wheels you are picking up. Definitely post some pics once they are on the car. So far, I have been hard pressed to find many sets of wheels that look better than the stock ones, at least in terms of the pics of 1M's with aftermarket wheels that I have seen on this site.

Definitely would be cool to have some kind of drive/meet with other GA 1M's in the future.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 05:21 PM   #9
yllwwgn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Location: Milky Way, Earth, North America, Arizona more specifically.

Congrats on the 1M! The stance is spot on with the springs, and that lip is SO nice. The fact that you got an orange one... awesome. Love these things... so rare too.

"Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak".
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 05:21 PM   #10
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978.530i View Post
I'm in Savannah. Let me know if you make it to the coast. My stocks stripper BSM needs friends.
I was actually close by back in March. Made the trip down to Amelia Island for the Concours de Elegance. However, I didn't drive the 1M. If you have never been, I would definitely suggest going next year. Lots of nice cars - both old and new. Also got a chance to drive a new Viper, Cayman S, and Jag F-Type S. Signed up to drive a Lamborghini Aventador, but the list must have been a mile long so I never got the chance. The best part is that it was all free. The show, which is held on Sunday, is $50 or $60 to attend, but you can practically see everything there without having to pay a dime by going on Friday and Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 11:39 PM   #11
OtakuRevel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Motons....damn! Very serious coilovers.

Finally got around to installing the MadDad mids to deepen the tone of the Meisterschaft a bit more. Now to drive the car and get them broken in to hear the true tone.

And the ModeCarbon diffuser I will be putting up for sale soon. It's not playing well with the Meister so gotta separate them.

As for the wheels...white face mesh design with step lips. Originally was looking at the SSR Formula mesh (one of my favorite wheels) since they just got re-released, but the mesh is just too tight IMO for the 1M. Was also looking at the BBS LMs, but was having a hard time finding all the bits to make them the size/spec I was after. Then came across a local wheel house doing their own thing and I really like what they are producing. Figure better to support local business anyway so hell yea. Brada Wheels BR10
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 12:35 AM   #12
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

sick exhaust!
      04-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by E821M View Post
My 1M is AW, but that definitely would not have been me since I have never been in the Atlanta area with the car. I believe the pics you saw of the 1M at Road Atlanta were probably Dan Parker's 1M. He no longer has the car, but when he did I believe he ran some type of Motons.

Curious as to what kind of wheels you are picking up. Definitely post some pics once they are on the car. So far, I have been hard pressed to find many sets of wheels that look better than the stock ones, at least in terms of the pics of 1M's with aftermarket wheels that I have seen on this site.

Definitely would be cool to have some kind of drive/meet with other GA 1M's in the future.

Peachtree BMW CCA For the win.

http://www.peachtreebmwcca.org/
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #14
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Beautiful car and exhaust. Love it!
      04-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #15
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

Thanks for the tip M3 Adjuster, I will definitely look into it.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 01:12 AM   #16
OtakuRevel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

The BMW crew is fun and they share their love of your cars even if you dont drive a BMW. I showed up to a few events with my little old GC8 impreza and had a blast.

Need to get out to Road Atlanta again
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 05:24 AM   #17
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Looks like you are really building a nice car quickly. I also noticed that your car already had the N55 mids on it which were not the mids that came with the car. I'm guessing the previous owner did that also. I'm looking forward to seeing how this car turns out.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #18
Rekraps01
1M Two Timer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M VO

southern hospitality

Welcome! I too am in ATL and am now on my 2nd 1M. Should never have sold the first one, but was lucky enough to find another. In three years, I've seen just two on the roads around here.... perhaps like me the owners dread taking it out on our horrible streets and beltway. In any case, I live up in the Kennesaw area and would be interested in seeing if anyone else in the ATL MSA besides us two own this piece of history!

Anyone else out there?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #19
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
great color, personally one of my favorite colors after owning one for 2 years. I'm in Huntsville AL, about 3 hours northwest of you, let me know if you ever get over this way.
      05-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #20
OtakuRevel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
Looks like you are really building a nice car quickly. I also noticed that your car already had the N55 mids on it which were not the mids that came with the car. I'm guessing the previous owner did that also. I'm looking forward to seeing how this car turns out.
Thanks, and you are correct. Realizing the previous owner had done a few mods. N55 mids. CDV. Matte grills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekraps01 View Post
Welcome! I too am in ATL and am now on my 2nd 1M. Should never have sold the first one, but was lucky enough to find another. In three years, I've seen just two on the roads around here.... perhaps like me the owners dread taking it out on our horrible streets and beltway. In any case, I live up in the Kennesaw area and would be interested in seeing if anyone else in the ATL MSA besides us two own this piece of history!

Anyone else out there?
What colors?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 02:48 AM   #21
OtakuRevel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

New wheels.

Needed some minor tweaks and getting the lips brushed. Hopefully have them back soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #22
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Is the drone worse or better with the maddad mids?

I also have the mode carbon diffuser with the Meisterschaft Exhaust. Why did you have to separate.
Appreciate 0