BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #23
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfi2906 View Post
It'll be a 135 coupe, Manual, in Lemans Blue, with Black leather and Alu acented trim and sunroof. Still a simple spec. Due late June, unless they can "steal" a production slot, in which case it'll be late may. Not banking on that though.

Cheers again averyone. Appreciate your input.
If you had JUST order it, you will not get before June delivery even if you are building right now. If it is building now, it will finish in a week. Wait for a week before cargo start. Then it takes more than 1.5 months to come to Sydney, two weeks for compliance plates...... that is before dealer delivery work to be done.

I missed Jan production because I ordered on 27 Dec. I am lucky to see it first week of May. The cargo is arriving 20th April.
      04-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #24
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Thanks all for the positive feedback. In truth, and it's good lesson for me (even as a 50 year old), don't let a dealer, or circumstances, pressure you into anything less than what you want. You're sending a lot of money - make sure you get what you want.

In all honesty, I could have "happily" accepted an auto, and I'm sure I could have adapted and "justified" the decision to myself and anyone else that cared to ask. But the reality is, it would have been a compromise for me.

As it stand, I'm a "happy chappy", that can't wait to get my hands on my own manual 135 manual coupe.

To the owners of "step" cars, please don't misinterpret my point of view. I am in no way being critical of "Step" cars, or the drivers of same. It's simply a case of my preference being a manual. Just as I'm equally sure, you're preference is a "step". Both are legitimate choices, and both are fanastic cars.

Happy driving to all.....
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #25
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Taka - thanks for the info, and to be honest, I have no idea when the order was placed by the dealer.

I agreed it with them, by phone, on the afternoon of March 25 - at which time I was told they would try to "grab" the earliest possible production slot (whatever that means) and place the order. I signed papers on the way to the airport on the morning of March 26. Since then, I haven't spoken to anyone, since I only flew back in yesterday morning.

Fingers crossed for the earliest possible delivery, as I'm "immobile" until it arrives.
Appreciate 0