E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Vancouver, BC Dealers

06-23-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: ThreeThreeFive

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Vancouver, BC Dealers

New to e90Post, but liking it so far.

We're in the market for a new 330, and are wondering if there's anyone out there who's had any positive experience with any Vancouver dealerships?

I'm also wondering what people in BC are paying for their cars? It seems that in the US, if you've got dealer invoice pricing on hand, you do well by it - but for those of us up north, not so much. I've got dealer invoice pricing (thanks to a previous post!) and want to know if anyone in Vancouver is benefiting from this?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
brewer
Private
Rep
Drives: Arctic E90

Welcome to our great little community Have you checked out this thread? Looks like some Canadian members discussing discounts (or lack of) from Canadian dealers

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1495
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2005, 02:51 AM   #3
djai
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 325i

I went to both the brianjessel and autowest dealerships.
i found that brianjessel dealers work with you more to get what you want
i bought my 2003 bmw 325i there!

i guess it boils down to if you want the "Brian Jessel" label on your BMW or not!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Ended up at Parkshore BMW in North Vancouver. Would highly recommend them over all other dealerships - very professional, honest, and no up-sells or 'additional charges'.

After an exhausting 6 month research period, and visiting all 4 dealerships in our area several times, we decided on Parkshore. At all of the other dealerships, we were offered & encouraged to buy either every protection package, and/or told we'd have to pay fees for everything under the sun! (battery levy, air tax, tire disposal fee, administration fee, etc.)

We discussed the purchase price of the car, and then added the tax. Aside from a government required vehicle registration fee ($40), that was it.

If anyone in the Vancouver area is interested in a fantastic salesperson, PM me and I'll pass along contact info.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2005, 02:10 AM   #5
tokion
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

AutoWest vs Brian Jessel BMW

i don't really like the services from the Autowest BMW,
I prefer Brain Jessel BMW, they'll serve you well.

what do u guys think of the Linda Li?
I think she got attitude to the people under 25. She just don't bird you, if she think you have the money to buy the car.
do you guys experienced that from her?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2005, 02:14 AM   #6
tokion
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by djai
I went to both the brianjessel and autowest dealerships.
i found that brianjessel dealers work with you more to get what you want
i bought my 2003 bmw 325i there!

i guess it boils down to if you want the "Brian Jessel" label on your BMW or not!

you can ask them not to put "Brian Jessel" label on to your bmw.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2005, 06:46 PM   #7
freeman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 M roadster

Arrow

BrianJessel and Parkshore BMW are much better choices imo.
both of them are more friendly and helpful, I would like to deal with them again.they really try their best to make the deal better.you get topnotch service and very good price.
services at Autowest BMW is terrible,they wnat to charge you for everthing.many sales "got attitude to the people under 25."
I strongly agree this point as tokion mentioned above.
when you ask for a test drive,they just piss you off. :mad: I have owned two BMWs for 4 years, and I never have been treated like this. Beware!you don't have to buy bmw from Autowest BMW in richmond,the service is just unacceptable.Stay away from this dealership.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2005, 10:15 PM   #8
GBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I, jet blk

Hi!

I'm new to e90post. My experience at Autowest was an attitude of immediate assumption of purchasing at MSRP. Anyone had experience with the BMW Store on Burrard? I am also looking at a 330i.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2005, 01:21 AM   #9
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMW
Hi!

I'm new to e90post. My experience at Autowest was an attitude of immediate assumption of purchasing at MSRP. Anyone had experience with the BMW Store on Burrard? I am also looking at a 330i.

First, welcome! Being somewhat new here myself I can appreciate the position you're in... kinda daunting with 4 dealerships in the area.

My wife & I spent 6 months doing research and worked with people at all (BMW Store, AutoWest, BrianJessel & Parkshore) dealerships - we ended up at Parkshore. They're the smallest of the shops and our guy was by far the most professional and up front, of any dealership. PM me and I'll pass along his name & number. We picked up our 330 yesterday, still grinning like kids in a candy shop

From our experience, there was an immediate assumption of MSRP is what it's going to be from AW & BJBMW. We're not seeing the deep discounts our friends in the US are, but what I've heard (and what we recieved on our 330i) was about $1000-1250, $1500 being the most, but that was on a loaded 330 w/ navi, prem & sport.

I honestly think that it's who you talk to and how you approach the sales associate - just for kicks one of the SA's we were initially talking to let us rip around in an '05 M3 w/ performance pkg. For kicks! We hadn't even said we were going to buy a car. My cousin bought a 325 last month from AutoWest, and he had a fantastic purchase experience. He took the give respect/get respect approach as well,... and it worked for him. Same with us. Different dealerships.

And, unless you're not too picky... you may be waiting until September deliveries arrive...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2005, 11:12 PM   #10
GBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I, jet blk

Paullo,

Congrat's on your new 330i. Did you order and if so how long was the wait? By the way, what colour did you get?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2005, 12:08 AM   #11
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMW
Paullo,

Congrat's on your new 330i. Did you order and if so how long was the wait? By the way, what colour did you get?

Thanks! We had our SA run a search and found 2 that matched our criteria. Both were in Alberta, but before we could secure either of them, they were sold. By chance there was one that was very similar to what we wanted that was being delivered to Parkshore, so we ended up with that one. All told, we've been searching for about 6 months to get a new car - but in terms of waiting for this specific car, we waited about 2 weeks.

From what I've heard, it's going to be a September delivery if they don't have what you want, already on the lots...

Colour: Sapphire Black. Which, in the sunlight, actually has a bit of dark dark grey in it... really nice. But, it gets dirty fast. Real fast.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #12
D&G
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I am looking to buy a 330i but the next shipment is sometime in Feb2006!!! I also got quoted $1200 off sticker price but looking for about $2000-$2500 to seal the deal. Anyone else here can share how much they pay for their E90. I see alot of E90's on the road of Vnacouver so I am sure there is alot of Vancouver members here.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #13
bimmerman2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 bmw m330ci

North Van Dealer

Supply to Canada does seem tight. There is a younger guy at the dealership in North Van who told me he would try to get me a deal with $2k off, he new his stuff. He also said that he did have a couple in stock. I'm not quite ready to take the jump, gotta sort out my finances.
Let me know if you'd like his name.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2005, 05:10 AM   #14
LokDown
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Greater Vancouver BMW dealers got together and jacked up the documentation and handling fees beyond what's recommended by BMW Canada. Remember, this hike was due to a few local dealers price fixing for the local market. They seem to magically come up with the same inflated documentation and handling fees.

Find a dealership who will respect you enough to recognize they make good money on each deal likely $5k-$6k with all the hidden charges. And are willing to meet you somewhere closer to the middle.

If a salesmen talks like it's the end of the world giving you a $1200 deal, don't tell them to get off their high horse but just thank them for their time and walk! If you are looking for at least $2k off, pm me and i can also help hook you up with the guy i dealt with.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2005, 09:01 PM   #15
gratemech69er
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

What PDI, freight, and other fees are you paying in Vancouver?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2005, 10:46 PM   #16
Buckman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i

I thought Barry Chyzowski, Sales Manager, at The BMW Store was a great guy. My bro and I delt directly with him. Tell him the Smith brothers sent you. Cannot really speak to the dealership or sales associates, simply because we flew in from Caglary, pick up the cars, and drove back home. Time at dealer = 2 hours.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2005, 01:57 AM   #17
D&G
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckman
I thought Barry Chyzowski, Sales Manager, at The BMW Store was a great guy. My bro and I delt directly with him. Tell him the Smith brothers sent you. Cannot really speak to the dealership or sales associates, simply because we flew in from Caglary, pick up the cars, and drove back home. Time at dealer = 2 hours.

How much did Barry manage to take off from msrp if you don't mind sharing that info with us.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2005, 05:16 AM   #18
rs1985
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW325i MB ML500

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
my reviews as a 20 years old:
Park Shore Motor - everyone there seems to ignore you
Brain Jessel BMW - great service from sales person, but some chinese sales might be a bit cocky, but generally really nice. side note ( I regret getting in the other store because it turn out my frd is the daughter of the GM or some high position guy in Brain Jessel BMW)
Auto west - I asked a guy if a car is availiable and he said is not but if I book one in Sept i will probably get my car by Dec. Ok, i called him if there is any coming to Vancouver and the sales person said no and yell at me for not putting a order before and now there is no car. I don't know why and that Linda Lee or Luida Lee or something, she seems to be stupid or something. First when I asked her a questio, she ask other sales to answer me. I am chinese, and on TV radio or newspaper Michael Ho, a Brain Jessel BMW's top sales at that time called himself Prince of BMW. So everything is fine until a year ago, that woman called herself the Queen of BMW. Many chinese people were like WTF is her probably get her own nickname, then after that she began to attack Michael Ho and the Brain Jessel BMW. How Michael Ho and ther dealership is so far and stuff, she was like Brain Jessel BMW is in the middle of no where and shit. This year because of that woman Michael Ho's nickname the prince and that woman the queen of BMW are both ban to be used again, i mean, I don't like the service and I don't like the people.
BMW STORE - good sales person, but do not . I repeat do not lease a car there. My mom ordered a car at the beginning of the month, she asked them to do the lease asap because she is leaving town in mid of the month. I called 3 days before my mom left. Asked about the lease, and the woman working there told us, we haven't even touched it yet, and ask if we want her to do it now and give us things to sign in a week. My mom was so pissed off and later have to do the paper by currier and by phone. My mom was very pissed off at their leasing office. They also can't seem to deliever their car on time, my car is suppose to arrive and deliever tomorrow and is not even at the dealership yet.

Overall if it isn't my mom who did the deal without listening to my recommandation, i will choose Brain Jessel BMW. They have a great team of sales and service, the two sales I talked to was very nice and helpful. They are the top store in Canada, also even BMW store admitted that they do get cars in greater amount so the selection is wider and delivery time is faster too.
Example. My auntie ordered a 525i that was in production in Oct and my car 325i is the same Oct production on the same boat to Halifax. Mine left Halifax on the 2th and my auntie's left on the 4th. So mine arrived on the 14 to Richmond where they parked the new BMWs and her's arrived on the 16. Mine isn't in the BMW store yet while Brain Jessel BMW already deliever her car to her today. Brain Jessel gave my auntie a exact date of when the car would arrive while the BMW Store told me is going to be anytime the car is going arrive since the 15, I am very unhappy about it but what can I do ?
that's my 2cents

Canada's Game!! Vancouver's Canucks!!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #19
rs1985
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW325i MB ML500

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
hopefully that helps u

Canada's Game!! Vancouver's Canucks!!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2005, 12:51 AM   #20
quickcanuck
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 328 XDrive Touring

Vancouver PDI / Freight

I'm getting ready to make my rounds of the dealers to see if I can get a reasonable deal for a new E91 (including a new dealership that has just opened up here in Kelowna). I see another person a few posts up asked what the freight and PDI amount is that is being charged in Vancouver, but there was no response. Anyone bought a car in BC lately?

BTW, I bought my '02 325 XiT from Parkview in North Van, and have been pleased with my experience with them so far.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #21
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
since i was the one who started this thread a while back, i'll chime in here. it really doesn't matter which dealership you go to. do your homework, be polite and respect that BMW does have to make some money on the car they're selling you. forget the internal politics of who's a better salesperson or which dealership sells more cars a year.

you have to wonder about a guy who boasts himself as the 'prince of bmw', (who by the way, makes more than $2M a year), exactly how much he's gonna work for you. obviously he's good at his job, but is he giving you the best deal or just taking people for their money. you decide...

as for what people are paying in F&PDI; in the spring/summer, it was $1495-1595, depending on where you went. now it's $1795. adjusted for increased fuel prices, would be my guess.

quickcanuck- if you bought your car at parkshore a few years ago, why not go back. loyalty has it's advantages. if your SA isn't working there anymore, PM me and i'll give you the name of my SA. he's fantastic, knows more about BMW's than anyone i know and won't give you the run-around. you'll be happy. trust me.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #22
akmchan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 528I

The Prince makes $2M??? Like 2 million...hard to believe man....how you hear from...I should sell BMW's man....he should be called the King then....
Appreciate 0