BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
This page on RealOEM may be helpful:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...01&hg=65&fg=95

This and the Portable Pro installation instructions indicate you have some wiring to do to hook this up. There is also programming if you want full integration. Mine is on the metal bracket instead of the tray. I just hooked up the power and took a cord to connect the headphone jack to the aux port plus a remote microphone for bluetooth up.
Would anyone have a copy (or point me to) of the installation instructions, please?
      03-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Here are two files of installation instructions

The first attached file (don't pay attention to the name, I renamed it) is for the old 360 based nuvi. It only has power connection. The second file is for the newer model (885t) and brings in the audio through a special cradle that comes with that Portable Pro model. So you pretty much can't do all this (unless you like modifying Garmin cradles) but I thought it might be interesting. If you wire in the audio this way you also have to have the dealer program the vehicle.

I did it the first way and also ran wiring for a aux connection between the nuvi headphone jack and the car aux jack and a remote microphone. I tapped in where the first set of instructions direct you but I put an accessory socket (purchased at a car parts store) inside the dash around the area of the steering wheel shaft. I plug a nuvi power cord complete with traffic antenna into the accessory socket. Works well.

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 128iNuviinstall[2].pdf (413.8 KB, 355 views)
File Type: pdf BMW Pro Instatlation.pdf (600.3 KB, 584 views)
      05-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #25
RLighty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 120D SE Coupe

Thanks for the post!
Im new to the BMW scene and had to try this on my 120D SE Coupe...
So far I have taken out my old storage bin (so useless) and have now put in the Nav Tray that I ordered from my local BMW dealer (took less than 24 hrs to come in).

All I am looking for now is the actual SatNav to put in it...
I love the look that gIzzE has.. though is this out dated now?? What others are on the market similar to this and/or is that F500BT still good to use today?
Appreciate 0