E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 Software Updates Listing

01-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
Los22
E90 Lover
Rep
Drives: '06 BMW 325i SG

E90 Software Updates Listing

Is there a list of the software updates for the E90 and what they addressed with each update? I'm curious and I can't find anything. I dropped my E90 off and was told they had a software update "recall" pending on mine. I'd like to be able to find out what it affects in my car.

Thanks in advance!
      01-04-2006, 03:03 AM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Ive posted them here before

If you have a pre-september 2005 built car they dealer must upgrade it to the latest software when the car comes in for its service because there is a slight glitch causing some cars to give false warnings.

A few early cars also wouldnt allow 3rd party diagnotic equipment to connect to the car, and the newer software fixes that problem
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
Los22
E90 Lover
Rep
Drives: '06 BMW 325i SG

Thanks for the info. I tried a serach but for some reason, I couldn't find it. I'll try again.
      01-05-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

This is basically it

The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 20.00.01 (Target data Status E89x-05-12-510).

Unable to Pair or Reconnect a BluetoothÃ’ Handset to a Vehicle.

The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 20.00.00 (Target data Status E89x-05-12-500).

Engine juddering/idle speed surging when it is cold. N52 engine.

No customer complaint. The following faults are stored in the JBE (Junction Box Electronics) erroneously. The JBE must be recoded to correct these faults.

Door Mirror Heating Left – 0xA6DE

Door Mirror Heating Right – 0xA6DF

The fuel gauge reading is incorrect. The fuel gauge indicates higher than the actual amount in the tank.

The following software errors were corrected with the release of CIP 19.01.00 (Target data Status E89x-05-09-530)

CCC (Car Communication Computer) poor AM reception.

The audio keeps playing if the vehicle is switched off for up to 3 minutes (until vehicle enters sleep mode). The audio cannot be switched off with the rotary knob. Only vehicles with CCC (Car Communication Computer) are affected.

Teleservice: no service calls even though CBS services due. Only vehicles equipped with SA639.

Loss of airflow from defroster vents.

After repeated convenience opening and closing using the remote key, only the trunk lid locks and the doors remain unlocked.

CCC (Car Communication Computer) equipped vehicles with telephone, call fails when dialed using linked sequence ("p" for pause) stored phone numbers.

Sporadic CCC resets (screen blanks out briefly and CCC restarts).

The outside temperature display in RAD2 (BMW Professional radio) does not display any temperatures above 85 deg;F.

I-Drive Controller does not function. Central Controller High (ZBE) FC E2C7 "Bus Communication Fault" is stored.

The "ELV (Electric Steering Lock) malfunction", check control message may be displayed intermittently when the driver attempts to start the engine. It is not possible to start the engine for 16 minutes unless the vehicle has entered sleep mode.

The "Anti-trap protection deactivated" check control message is displayed during one-touch closing of the rear power windows. The window then can only be opened a little when the one-touch opening switch is pressed.

While traveling at a slow speed with a constant rain, the automatic wipers do not operate.

Rear window roller sunblind does not rewind in low temperatures.

After a jump start (battery dead), the adaptive headlights turn briefly to the right without the customer turning the steering wheel, then return to the center position. Vehicles with SA 524 (Adaptive Headlights) produced from 5/31/04 to 8/30/05.

Menu button on the iDrive Controller flashes briefly. Vehicles with SA 609 (CCC-Navigation).

After the automatic parking function is deactivated (by disengaging reverse gear), the passenger's side mirror does not return to its original position but to the mirror setting stored with the key used.

If comfort opening was cancelled (if all the windows are already open) and is then reactivated, intermittently the sunroof does not open until after 4 seconds instead of the normal .5 seconds.

Vehicles equipped with SA 322 (Comfort Access) FC "A0AC TAGE3_ antenna defect" may be erroneously stored. After programming the vehicle the system should be checked for proper functionality. If fault code returns perform DIS test module.
      01-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

It appears CIP 20 does not address many items.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #6
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA
It appears CIP 20 does not address many items.
No, but BMW NA suddenly realize every now and then that the update also fixes something else, and then adds it to the list.

But we are still waiting for someone with Pro Nav to get CIP20 so we can see if it adds MP3 support
      01-05-2006, 02:31 PM   #7
lemon_dakota
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport E91

I have no idea whether I have cip 20 but on my E91 delivered just before christmas I have Professional Navigation with MP3 support.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #8
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon_dakota
I have no idea whether I have cip 20 but on my E91 delivered just before christmas I have Professional Navigation with MP3 support.
You could very well have CIP20

What we need to find out is if it allowes pre-september cars to play MP3
      01-05-2006, 03:01 PM   #9
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
You could very well have CIP20

What we need to find out is if it allowes pre-september cars to play MP3
Member cdxp suggests his CIP20 upgrade does now give him mp3 support.

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2006, 07:48 AM   #10
Brien Crotty
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i with xDrive

How do I figure out what version I have? I have gotten the ELV warning once, but the car was already started (if I recall correctly), and it went away after about ten seconds. I just got the car at the end of June, and it just arrived from Germany three days before that. How do I find out what my build date was?

Brien
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #11
Joe Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2015 X5 x35i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I wish they would update other things too, namely:

- When the Air Recirculation is ON (not Active-ON, but full recirc.), it turns off when you restart the car. You have to push the button to bring it back to the on setting.

- The headunit has no memory of when you have an MP3 disc in the Professional headunit in "Current Track" mode, which displays the ID3 tag of the MP3, and/or in "Random Track" mode. Every time you restart the car, you have to go through the button-pushing sequence of "random", and then "list" and then "current." Why can't it just remember where it left off?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2006, 09:55 AM   #12
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bimmer
- When the Air Recirculation is ON (not Active-ON, but full recirc.), it turns off when you restart the car. You have to push the button to bring it back to the on setting.
This is not something that would be updated as it is a normal state not to have recirc (full) on and the car restores itself to the normal state.

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #13
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bimmer
I wish they would update other things too, namely:

They will never do that, since it is a safety feature
People need oxygen
      07-21-2006, 01:35 PM   #14
Joe Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2015 X5 x35i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
They will never do that, since it is a safety feature
People need oxygen
That makes sense. It could at least go to Active mode, instead of turning itself completely off.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2006, 01:41 PM   #15
Snowman811
Black Sapphire 330i
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 330i

Safety? Come on - has anyone - ever in the history of automobiles - accidently died from a lack of oxygen because their car was in recirc. mode? LMAO. Our Mercedes has the push button recirc and it stays on all the time. 4 hour road trip and we don't die or even get tired.

Please, if you die from something like this, I would chock that up to Natural Selection.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #16
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman811
Safety? Come on - has anyone - ever in the history of automobiles - accidently died from a lack of oxygen because their car was in recirc. mode? LMAO. Our Mercedes has the push button recirc and it stays on all the time. 4 hour road trip and we don't die or even get tired.

Please, if you die from something like this, I would chock that up to Natural Selection.
I can tell you your Merc doest stay in recirc all the time
Legislation requires them to have the system turn on full circulation every certain amount of minutes automatically, it would then return to circulation after a specified time.

Also, I never said anything about dying, but if you would like to experience or see some of the effects of high carbon dioxide or low oxygen levels, I recommend you find a lab or agency or Air Force medicine centre with a altitude test chamber that can simulate these conditions for you. You would be surprised to see what effects there are
      07-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #17
Snowman811
Black Sapphire 330i
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 330i

So, when you said safety, you meant what exactly...

Honestly, I do not speak from authority. Maybe the reason we don't get sleepy in Merc w/recirc is because it does let in a 'legislated' amount of 'periodic' oxygen.

As an ex-airforce pilot, I'm well aware of oxygen deprivation. Driving w/recirc has absolutley no resemblance.

So, if you run a car in the car in a garage, windows closed and recirc On, you're saying you will still eventually die of carbon monixide? Since the car is 'legislated' to bring in outside air? I heard a standup comic do a blonde joke on this once...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2006, 04:56 PM   #18
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman811

So, if you run a car in the car in a garage, windows closed and recirc On, you're saying you will still eventually die of carbon monixide? Since the car is 'legislated' to bring in outside air?
If I remember correctly the system goes out of recirculation every 5min for about 30 seconds.

Id have to check the BMW training manuals when I get back home to make shure on the times. Manuals say its a EU legislation requirement.

Carbon Monoxide is a very bad gas and you dont easily realize its affecting you ( until you see yourself on video afterwards, but not quite as funny as hypoxia training )