BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
2000C4
Private
Rep
Drives: 996 c4

How long from deposit to order number?

So I traded my car in on saturday. I bolded this only because I dont know if that comes into play. I placed an order for a 135i convertible. When should I recieve an order/production number. My dealer said they were going to work on making some deals and trying to get an earlier build. How long should I wait before I start knocking down doors for a production number? 1day/ 2 days?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stussy View Post
So I traded my car in on saturday. I bolded this only because I dont know if that comes into play. I placed an order for a 135i convertible. When should I recieve an order/production number. My dealer said they were going to work on making some deals and trying to get an earlier build. How long should I wait before I start knocking down doors for a production number? 1day/ 2 days?

Thanks
I'm in a similar situation, except I haven't traded my car in yet. I placed my order on Saturday as well and still haven't gotten a production number. Theoretically you should get the number when your order is submitted to the computer. However, there were 4-5 orders being placed ahead of mine so I couldn't wait around for the number. My CA told me he was going to email me the number, but I never got it. I'm going in to the dealership today to see talk details with my CA. I should get the number then.

With your situation, it may take a little longer if they're looking to find a car that's already made (might not have the exact options but they can be added/changed later). I would say call your CA and ask him if there is a number or not yet. If there isn't, then tell him to call you as soon as he gets it

Hope that helps

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
spiska01
Rep
Drives:

Since these are coming out of dealer allocation, you should be able to get a production number when ordered (same day)...unless of course there is a list, then you will have to wait for their next monthly allocation and so on...
135i SGM/Coral vert ED on June 23rd @ 11:00am! Premium/Sport/Cold Weather/Comfort/NAV/Hi-Fi/I-Pod
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #4
2000C4
Private
Rep
Drives: 996 c4

So I got an update. Apparently they put a request in for an alocation. They told me that they recieve the list on the 26-28th which is this friday.

Does this sound legit?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
onastov
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I got my production number immediately after giving the dealer the deposit. But I think this is because they were able to modify an existing allocation.
      03-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by onastov View Post
I got my production number immediately after giving the dealer the deposit. But I think this is because they were able to modify an existing allocation.
Lucky!

Appreciate 0