BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #23
Turbolader
The Fat Stig
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerlover76 View Post
Seriously, you have to ask yourself, why exactly am I asking this question. It seems to me that you have made up your mind already and just need confidence in your decision. A forum is bad place to find statistically reliable information due to the bias and relatively small sample size.

Own up to your decision and move on.
Very true indeed, however a biased and small sample size grouping of statistical information is better than none at all

I could go by consumer reports, but let's face it, they do not have a weighted-average when it comes to reliability. A cupholder breaks dings reliability the same as a crankshaft breakage. I'm looking more for data on the latter.
      10-31-2011, 12:04 PM   #24
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolader View Post
Very true indeed, however a biased and small sample size grouping of statistical information is better than none at all

I could go by consumer reports, but let's face it, they do not have a weighted-average when it comes to reliability. A cupholder breaks dings reliability the same as a crankshaft breakage. I'm looking more for data on the latter.
Fair enough. CR is not that reliable of a publication, depending on what you're looking for. The only issues I've read about are the HPFPs, and mostly on the N54. It happens on the N55, but I don't believe it's near the same amount of troubles the N54 had.

I say, play the odds, which are greatly in your favor.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #25
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Edmunds stated that their car at 40k miles was perfect. That's why I bought a 1.
Appreciate 0