BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
2ndtimesacharm
Will Shaw
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC Sepang Bronze

1M Available at Long Beach BMW

Hey Guys,

Just found out there is a 1M Available at Long Beach BMW.

Will probably be sold by tomorrow.

Call (818) 441-8813 and ask for Will!

White on Black with all the options....

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=578318
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
ktang
Rep
Drives: None

What's the mark up do you know?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
2ndtimesacharm
Will Shaw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktang View Post
What's the mark up do you know?
20k on the window...might have some room due to it being the end of the month....

Call that number...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndtimesacharm View Post
20k on the window...might have some room due to it being the end of the month....

Call that number...

oh boy, here we go again.....

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndtimesacharm View Post

Call that number...
      10-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
2ndtimesacharm
Will Shaw
Rep

Sorry guys - I know it sucks. It's upper management.

I'm sure they will listen to offers....
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 11:38 PM   #7
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
I bought my first BMW straight out of college from LB BMW. It was a brand new AW '98 318ti, they were super nice to deal with! I would just ignore the huge markup, offer msrp and if they take it then great, if not then the car sits there...doesn't hurt to try for those interested.
      10-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #8
juliansorl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135cab/JCWcab 2009

I read the motor trend ranking of the best driver's cars and it really made me rethink my desire for this car. I've never read such a nasty review. The reviewer actually said he HATED the 1m and went on to say the disc brakes warped badly during the testruns. Honestly after reading the review, I'm glad I didn't jump on the 1m bandwagon. I'm happy with my 135convertible with sport pkg I picked up for 30k with only 8k miles. I'm hoping there is a m3 sedan in my future. 20k over MSRP for an 2011 car in November of 2011...No Thank You!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansorl View Post
I read the motor trend ranking of the best driver's cars and it really made me rethink my desire for this car. I've never read such a nasty review. The reviewer actually said he HATED the 1m and went on to say the disc brakes warped badly during the testruns. Honestly after reading the review, I'm glad I didn't jump on the 1m bandwagon. I'm happy with my 135convertible with sport pkg I picked up for 30k with only 8k miles. I'm hoping there is a m3 sedan in my future. 20k over MSRP for an 2011 car in November of 2011...No Thank You!
I think you made a very wise choice. Dropping the roof on the 1M to work on your tan is quite difficult.

Also, as you already know, the brakes are far inferior to your 135's.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us.

The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Quote:
Great...that leaves a 1M spot for someone who wants one...
      10-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #11
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Most people on this forum ignore anything Randy Pobst writes. I wouldn't let the Motor Trend article steer you away from the 1M, but I definitely would not pay a $20k premium. A 135 will never be a 1M just as a 335 will never be an M3.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:34 PM   #12
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Here we go again with this shit....
You obviously don't know what your talking about since the 1M brakes are straight from the M3.
      10-31-2011, 03:38 PM   #13
nebby
SoCal 1M
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Audi A8L

Quote:
Honestly after reading the review, I'm glad I didn't jump on the 1m bandwagon.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #14
juliansorl
Private
United_States
Rep

I've guess you've all already drank the punch. Of course you already bought in so what else are you guys going say....? Need to keep the hype up I guess. Let's just say I don't even need a car. I live and work in NYC but as you see I have two cars and could easily afford a third. Just sayin glad I didn't bite at 5k 10k or 20k over msrp.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #15
juliansorl
Private
United_States
Rep

Getting off work and going to ride my bike home have a good one.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #16
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Without the seat I presume...
      10-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #17
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

It's actually quite sad how some 135 owners with smallpenisitis get giddy with pleasure at any little opportunity to dump on the 1M.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #18
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
you went by the only negative review which by the way was offered by a journalist. That guy probably wears skirts on the weekends and I wouldn't buy a loaf of bread if he recommended it.

After all, I'm glad you didn't jump on the wagon either, I would hate for this car to end up in the wrong hands, specially if you think your 135i convertible is a comparable/better choice.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #19
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
It's actually quite sad how some 135 owners with smallpenisitis get giddy with pleasure at any little opportunity to dump on the 1M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
That guy probably wears skirts on the weekends and I wouldn't buy a loaf of bread if he recommended it.

After all, I'm glad you didn't jump on the wagon either, I would hate for this car to end up in the wrong hands
Christ guys, defensive much??

You sound like your manhood was just challenged- get a grip.
This car isn't for everyone even with the good reviews. The ride is harsh, dealers are asking stupid money, and the way 90% of people drive they will never notice the advantage over a 135 other than for posing.

Even if someone is in the small % that this car is actually designed for, who would fault them for reconsidering after reading that review? Her reaction should be totally expected, especially if you haven't seen other reviews.

After reading her post, you could have said something like:
Quote:
Understandable reaction, but just FYI that review doesn't seem to make sense given the other reviews the car is getting. A couple of BMW's ring taxi drivers call the 1M their favorite M car (over the M3 GTS, never mind the regular M3). Almost every other review was between positive and extremely positive, leading me to believe the tires were toast on the car Motor Trend drove. A whole thread was dedicated to the subject of the strangeness of this review, and while it also comes off somewhat defensive the point is that something doesn't seem right with it: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599859

I'm not saying the 1M is the greatest thing known to man, and I tend to agree 20k over is smoking crack, but think about the consensus view of the other articles while considering your opinion.
See? Constructive, educational, and doesn't make you sound like a defensive 12 year old... Think about it.
      10-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #20
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
Quote:
That guy probably wears skirts on the weekends and I wouldn't buy a loaf of bread if he recommended it.

After all, I'm glad you didn't jump on the wagon either, I would hate for this car to end up in the wrong hands

You sound like your manhood was just challenged- get a grip.
This car isn't for everyone even with the good reviews. The ride is harsh, dealers are asking stupid money, and the way 90% of people drive they will never notice the advantage over a 135 other than for posing.

Even if someone is in the small % that this car is actually designed for, who would fault them for reconsidering after reading that review? Her reaction should be totally expected, especially if you haven't seen other reviews.

After reading her post, you could have said something like:
Quote:
Understandable reaction, but just FYI that review doesn't seem to make sense given the other reviews the car is getting. A couple of BMW's ring taxi drivers call the 1M their favorite M car (over the M3 GTS, never mind the regular M3). Almost every other review was between positive and extremely positive, leading me to believe the tires were toast on the car Motor Trend drove. A whole thread was dedicated to the subject of the strangeness of this review, and while it also comes off somewhat defensive the point is that something doesn't seem right with it: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599859

I'm not saying the 1M is the greatest thing known to man, and I tend to agree 20k over is smoking crack, but think about the consensus view of the other articles while considering your opinion.
See? Constructive, educational, and doesn't make you sound like a defensive 12 year old... Think about it.
Thanks but I like my response better it is a known fact that MT is known for irrelevant and often biased reviews - no big surprise there.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 11:20 PM   #21
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
you went by the only negative review which by the way was offered by a journalist.
No offense but the review was offered by Motor Trend, and Randy Pobst is who made the comments. He's an extremely capable professional racer (not just some journalist).

After watching the video and driving the car, there are some things I actually agree with him on. The 1M has a lot of power and can definitely get sideways. That's about all that I agree with him on.

Quote:
I don't think it's hating on you guys nearly as much as it is that you're coming on a forum (1M based threads) knocking on a car that we all drive. Of course we're going to be biased. BUT, remember...there are a lot of previous M3 and 135 drivers/owners on here who have been in your shoes. My bet would be that you've never driven a 1M, and therefore you have NOT been in our shoes. You're on the outside looking in, rather than looking at it from our point of view. Motor Trend was one of the rare articles that bashed the 1M. Do whatever it is to convince yourselves that it's a shitty car....but you'll still have that doubt in the back of your mind(because I doubt you've driven one). We have our answers...and we're very happy.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #22
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post

You sound like your manhood was just challenged- get a grip......
....See? Constructive, educational, and doesn't make you sound like a defensive 12 year old... Think about it.
Look Pete, if you read my first post you would have realized I was on topic offering good advice and my personal experience with this dealership.

My second post corrected Julian when he/she went totally off topic and started ripping on the 1M brakes and stated that they wanted an M3 instead. Of course we know that both cars share the same brake setup.

Finally, Julians response even though he/she has his/her facts wrong and doesn't like being corrected? Well, call us a bunch of biased BMW koolaid drinking fanbios blinded by the 1M hype because we own the car.

Yeah I'm the 12 year old.