BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #23
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135ItalianStallion View Post
It is a very boy racer color, good for high school kids

I really don't think this .. I'm certainly not in high school (lol - although sometimes I wish it was still those days) ....

I just happen to like the way the Montego looks .. I think it is a beautiful color!! It really comes down to preference ..

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #24
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
they think its a boy racer color because its similar to the blue that came on the 99 Civic Si, the Evo and Sti also had a similar blue.. the fact is the color came from pure racing cars not boy racer

I guess this special version of the several time World Rally Champion car is a boy racer
I can go on with more cars, pure sports cars with colors similar
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #25
Spook
Bring Bail Money
Rep
Drives:

The bright blue is too cartoon.. looks good on cars with really big wings and gold BBS wheels. The dark blue is navy blue and is terribly dull. Would be nice if it looked black except in the sun but it doesn't. It looks like navy blue. Very subjective topic.. jet black will teach you to enjoy the ritual of washing and waxing.

-Spook

edit: I wrote the above before the post above this one was posted. The wing/wheels comment was totally independent. (great minds).

Also: DO NOT PICK A COLOR FROM PHOTOS. GO TO THE DEALER AND LOOK. It will settle your mind and enhance your judgment.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #26
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

I wish Lemans blue was in the USA. Crap.

The first time I saw a 335i coupe with the Montego blue I LOVED IT. After time it just looks too bright. On some pictures on line it looks simply fantastic, I just wish it was toned down 20%. I was really wanting a pure medium 300 blue.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #27
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

The first time I saw Montego blue

Appreciate 0