BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-19-2014, 05:07 AM   #1
travisaus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Advice / parts needed - headlight

Guys,
My 135i was damaged on sunday (most likely reversed into - no note etc) .
Lucky i guess in that the damage is pretty minor.
My issue is with the passenger side headlight. For those who have taken lights out of the car, there is a clip on the outside of the light to attach it to the car and on the inside there is a part moulded into the light out of plastic that basically just sits through a mounting.
This has been snapped off on my adaptive lights so it effectively sags down in the middle. If I had of noticed when I got back to the car i could have looked for the clip and had it plastic welded back on but unfortunately I didn't notice the damage till I got home.

So I guess first off and I know this is a long shot - anyone have a spare passenger side headlight? Working or not, smashed or not, doesn't matter as all I want to do is steal this clip off it.

I went to a panel beater and he basically said the light would need to be replaced if I can't get this clip. This just seems insane to me to spend that kinda $$'s when the light is fine - it's just a tiny bit of plastic that's broken.

Thanks very much & sorry if I haven't explained myself too well. I'll upload some pics when I get to work in the morning if that will help.
Cheers, Travis

edit - stole this pic from TWD (thanks TWD!!!) - this is where my issue is:

Very much appreciate the help.

Last edited by travisaus; 08-19-2014 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: pic added.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 05:51 AM   #2
dr335e93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 335

That sucks man. The little spineless bitch just ran away huh.

Would you consider macgyvering it with a sawed off melted toothbrush in the mean time? I've fixed heaps of shit (not on my car) with an old school oral b hard plastic see through toothbrush and it's quite durable and malleable with heat.

I know you don't want an old toothbrush in your engine bay but it may buy you the time to search for a wrecked one here or in the uk.

Good luck.

And if you ever catch the lil sonofabitch make sure to put 'im into the wall. Rubbin's racin' Harry.
      08-19-2014, 06:29 AM   #3
c0ris07
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Does this help?

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES207331/

Found on realoem as the the part no. 63116924482
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 08:54 AM   #4
Chandon