BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
GJA003
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3 COUPE

Xenon Coding/retrofit help !!!

Hey fellas found my self a set of xenons oem ones that I wouldn't mind fitting onto my 120i I've done a bit of research seems pretty much plug and play although I need some to do coding !!!! Has anyone done this in the past or is able to help me on coding them ? Also what's everyone thoughts on a fair price for them ?

Cheers George

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
Hey fellas found my self a set of xenons oem ones that I wouldn't mind fitting onto my 120i I've done a bit of research seems pretty much plug and play although I need some to do coding !!!! Has anyone done this in the past or is able to help me on coding them ? Also what's everyone thoughts on a fair price for them ?

Cheers George
Its not as straight forward as you think. Apart from the xenon light housing, bulbs and ballasts (control units), you also need:

- A new Footwell Module (FRM).
- A new wiring harness

And to be legal

- Front and rear level sensors
- headlight washer system.

Once you have all these things, the new cars VO can be coded to $522 (xenon lights) and they will operate perfectly. NCS expert can be used for this.
Appreciate 0