BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #45
uratomb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 135i

From Don Feen@ Ground Control:

That is installed correctly. The one stud needed to be cut because you have the studs for using an M3 strut brace. I am not sure why, but next time just ask for the regular studs.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

So looks like it's being installed correctly. I will need to change with another alignment shop to see if I can dial more camber on the plates.

If you said you can go beyond where mine sit now then I guess I can get more.

Will keep you guys posted in a few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #46
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep
Drives: the ladies crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uratomb View Post
From Don Feen@ Ground Control:

That is installed correctly. The one stud needed to be cut because you have the studs for using an M3 strut brace. I am not sure why, but next time just ask for the regular studs.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

So looks like it's being installed correctly. I will need to change with another alignment shop to see if I can dial more camber on the plates.

If you said you can go beyond where mine sit now then I guess I can get more.

Will keep you guys posted in a few weeks.
if you have a jack, an adjustable wrench and a flathead screw driver, you can adjust yourself. just jack up the corner you want to adjust, loosen (don't remove) the 3 strut hat nuts, and use a flathead screw driver in the little slots in the plate to move it in or out. make sure to clearly mark your starting point so you can return to where you were. no need to pay an alignment shop to give this a try. if you ultimately do decide to significantly change your camber setting, then you may want to involve an alignment shop to reset the toe, but if you're able to get more camber, and you move in baby steps (equal on both sides), you shouldn't need a new alignment.
Appreciate 0