BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #419
velociti
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Another update. The honeymoon is over.....the throttle lag, unstable idle coming to a stop, and the lurching with my foot on the brake due to the surging idle is back. But it's only when I turn on the A/C. It got pretty warm here recently where I finally had to use the A/C and this is the result. I wonder if it'll get better over time as this is really the only time I've used the A/C since having the tune done and maybe the DME will eventually adapt. We'll see.
I think surging idle with A/C is a semi-common problem. I think I've had it before, and that's across multiple tunes...stock, JB4, now MHD. Betting it might be independent of the Dinan tune, but that's a guess.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 11:04 AM   #420
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by velociti View Post
I think surging idle with A/C is a semi-common problem. I think I've had it before, and that's across multiple tunes...stock, JB4, now MHD. Betting it might be independent of the Dinan tune, but that's a guess.
No doubt. I'm not blaming the Dinan tune. I was hoping the throttle application/linearity/smoothness would have stayed with the A/C turned on. I've already tried the other common solutions which were the SIB firmware update and PPK. Neither fixed the problem. Only with the Dinan S2 tune that driving the car was a joy but that was prior to having to use the A/C. I guess I'll see how the car behaves as I use the A/C more and more.
Appreciate 0