E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > First Ever UK Meet - Sign Up Here!!

03-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #133
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdwarf
Sorry I missed the last few days but was in Malaysia watching the GP. Hope my engine lasts a few more miles than Heidfeld's BMW. That thing let go in a massive fashion.

Anyway, still on for the meet, and midday on Sat sounds good to me. I know a few people who live around the area-ish, so when I get back to the UK next week I could maybe ring around and see if anyone can suggest a decent place to eat around Donnington. Good to hear that there are a few more people showing interest. Hope we can all make it as it sounds like it will be a good crowd! May bring a couple of people along too, though I dont think I can add anything to video/photo production as my sony digital camera isnt anything special, so maybe I will just bring an E90!!!

FD
Having your car & yourself will do I reckon FD!
Having a nice e90 convoy moving from Donington will be excellent!

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #134
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sports

I am sure I have seen a few more people post in other threads who are not on the list and are not too far away. They may have missed this thread since it is not in not in the UK forum and I thought it might be worth mentioning to anyone we see in other threads to see if we cant get a few more people along! When I get a chance I will have a look at some of my subscribed threads and see if I cant get any more people interested.
      03-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #135
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am sure I have seen a few more people post in other threads who are not on the list and are not too far away. They may have missed this thread since it is not in not in the UK forum and I thought it might be worth mentioning to anyone we see in other threads to see if we cant get a few more people along! When I get a chance I will have a look at some of my subscribed threads and see if I cant get any more people interested.
I've PMd around 30 UK members already FD & have inserted a link to this thread in just about every post I've made in the last couple of weeks. The UK forum does have a link to this thread, but as a few members have said, most just look in the general forum section first & not in the UK area.

I shall still keep advertising the meet, as I hope everyone else will.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 02:02 PM   #136
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

OK. Keep up the good work then. Look forward to meeting up in April.

FD
      03-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #137
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Anyone else up for the meet???

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #138
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Ok, thought I'd bump this thread again.

Please could you post your names, so we know what we can call each other at the meet!

Based on comments for the first UK meet, here are the current likely 14 attendees:

• beauforty 330iSE Tiag
  • vivekk (Viv) 330iSE Tiag
  • 1stnewcar (Paul) 320dSE SG
  • Flyingdwarf 320d M Sport SB
  • ric1 330d e91 M Sport LMB
  • JonMad (Jon) 320dSE
  • MMVI (Gary) 325i SB
  • (I aint got an avatar) jjbirch 320d M Sport LMB
  • thebigman 320dSE SB
  • (I aint got an avatar) jhbodle 325iSE SG
  • webcoll (Dave) 320dSE JB
  • Hitman999 320iSE
  • zola&osgood 320dSE TiAg
  • beemer e91 330dSE TiAg

Occasion:
"First" e90post.com UK meet
Venue: Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit
Date: Saturday April 22nd
Time: 12pm

Address:

Donington Park Leisure Ltd.
Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit
Castle Donington
Derby DE74 2RP

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2006, 06:39 AM   #139
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Yep, still coming. Lets hope that weather improves in the next few weeks. The great news is I have finally got my car, and so far it has lived up to what I expected . Keep finding excuses to go places.

One photo attached. Sorry about the quality, but my camera is pretty average and had to re-size it using microsoft photo editor, which is rubbish, but you will get the idea. Anyway, they always look better in the flesh!

Craig
Attached Images

03-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #140
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Please could you post your names, so we know what we can call each other at the meet!
Paul
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2006, 01:16 PM   #141
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yep, still coming. Lets hope that weather improves in the next few weeks. The great news is I have finally got my car, and so far it has lived up to what I expected . Keep finding excuses to go places.

One photo attached. Sorry about the quality, but my camera is pretty average and had to re-size it using microsoft photo editor, which is rubbish, but you will get the idea. Anyway, they always look better in the flesh!

Craig
Excellent car Craig!
You are going to love it over the next few weeks.
All our cars are going to look damn smart next to each other at Donington. Can't wait.
The Americans really are going to drool over our clear indicators!

I'm happy to bring some Autoglym stuff along to the meet, to clean the cars up a bit before any photos/videoing.
Anyone fancy bringing any of their stuff along???

I saw another thread where someone brought some paper e90 covers to go over the number plates, to stop the need to edit any photos- will have to think of doing it for us I think.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2006, 01:44 PM   #142
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Funny enough on one of my little shopping trips today i managed to buy a whole load of Autoglym stuff. Will bring along anything that will be of use on the day. Now I just need to find somewhere to clean the damn thing, and a nice sunny day to go with it (and maybe some girls in bikinis to help).
      03-30-2006, 02:04 PM   #143
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Funny enough on one of my little shopping trips today i managed to buy a whole load of Autoglym stuff. Will bring along anything that will be of use on the day. Now I just need to find somewhere to clean the damn thing, and a nice sunny day to go with it (and maybe some girls in bikinis to help).
I wonder if Donington Park could supply the girls in bikinis??
At that time of the year, we're more likely to encounter a few OAPs in raincoats! :mad:

The Donington calendar doesn't show anything particular happening on April 22nd, but there's some beauty show from the 23-24th.

I've got a spare bottle of the Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection & quite a bit of the Bodywork Shampoo conditioner. Need to get hold of some more Super Resin Polish.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #144
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Need to get hold of some more Super Resin Polish.
Got some of that. Sounds like it is going to end up being a mobile car wash!
      03-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #145
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Got some of that. Sounds like it is going to end up being a mobile car wash!
I might give Donington a ring & see if they could let us use some of their facilities- a few buckets of water would do!
A few of their track girls could go down well too. No pun intended!

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #146
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

See what they can do about the weather too
      03-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #147
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
See what they can do about the weather too
A sunny day would be top, but all I expect is April showers!
The beading from a pride of freshly polished e90s in the rain could still make for some great shots.

No matter- the cars & the company should keep us going!

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #148
Steve r
E91
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Touring

Garage List
Does that include E91's ?
      04-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #149
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve r
Does that include E91's ?
Certainly does Steve!
Are you coming along to the meet- more the merrier.
Anyone with an e92 coupe testcar will be very welcome as well!

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 09:43 AM   #150
0003SAS
Rep
Drives: Electric Red 320d Touring

Garage List
Hi Guys,

What's the latest agenda for the 22nd? ................................ apart from drooling over the e92 coupe that I'm borrowing for the day!!!! (dream on)
      04-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #151
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0003SAS
Hi Guys,

What's the latest agenda for the 22nd? ................................ apart from drooling over the e92 coupe that I'm borrowing for the day!!!! (dream on)
I'd quite fancy a drive over to somewhere for some nice food & drink, after meeting up at Donington, SAS.
I think Craig (Flyingdwarf) is going to try & find out about that, but if anyone else knows the area then that would help.

Any other ideas?

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #152
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List

Based on comments for the first UK meet, here are the current likely 16 attendees:

• beauforty (Paul) 330iSE Tiag
  • vivekk (Viv) 330iSE Tiag
  • 1stnewcar (Paul) 320dSE SG
  • Flyingdwarf (Craig) 320d M Sport SB
  • ric1 330d e91 M Sport LMB
  • JonMad (Jon) 320dSE
  • MMVI (Gary) 325i SB
  • (I aint got an avatar) jjbirch 320d M Sport LMB
  • thebigman 320dSE SB
  • (I aint got an avatar) jhbodle 325iSE SG
  • webcoll (Dave) 320dSE JB
  • Hitman999 320iSE
  • zola&osgood 320dSE TiAg
  • beemer e91 330dSE TiAg
  • Steve r e91 320dSE SG
  • 003SAS e91 320d ER

Occasion:
"First" e90post.com UK meet
Venue: Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit
Date: Saturday April 22nd
Time: 12pm

Address:

Donington Park Leisure Ltd.
Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit
Castle Donington
Derby DE74 2RP

Last edited by vivekk; 04-02-2006 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #153
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
A few links for local specialities in & around Castle Donington:

Pubs

Nightclubs

Curry houses

Chinese

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #154
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
Come on all you UK E90's, isn't it about time we had a meet? Sign up here if you're interested.
hi viv I am coming, real name is john but nickname is Paddy might as well call me pads as everybody else does
Appreciate 0