BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
wyciwug
Rep
Drives: 128i

washer warning light on 2008 bmw 128i convertible

Hello

For some reason the nozzle won't spray, tried few times, i heard the motor running, the wipers worked. The a few days ago i tried again, the fluid came out at the nozzles very weak and lots of dirty like mud came out. I assumed the nozzle and hoses are clogged. Then the washer warning light came on.

I removed the wheel well cover and the washer tank (a lot of dirty stuff inside) and flushed. Also flushed the hoses and nozzles. Some of the magnet pieces dropped off while I was cleaning the tank. I was not sure where they came from but I think BMW put the magnets at the bottom of the tank to attract metal debris? After finish cleaned. I put everything back in.

I topped off the fluid, the nozzles spray ok, the warning light still coming on. Is it resettable? Could it be the problem with the heated nozzle itself? Could it be because the heater on the nozzle is bad causing the warning light to come on? Thanks for anyone help.
Appreciate 0