BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-01-2010, 02:53 AM   #67
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I finally got around to playing GT5 in career mode last night. I can't say I'm blown away by the game, I think my expectations were so high based on all they hype. It's going to take me a while to buy a 135i too

I wish I had an xbox as well because I've heard great things about Forza 3, especially the modding side of things. My mate also tells me that they've made the 135i one of the best cars to modify in that game.

woosh - where can you get a G27 for $400?

At the moment I'm using the Logitech Driving Force GT Steering Wheel - http://www.game-consoles.org/logitec...teering-wheel/
I bought this with Prologue but I'm not overly impressed with how it feels but I'd use it any day over the standard controller. Anyone know how this stacks up to the better steering wheels like the G25/G27?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #68
chylld
Major
Rep
Drives: G08 iX3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
where can you get a G27 for $400?
http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/...q=logitech+g27
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #69
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

boyz boyz... u guys need to try out the "GREEN HELL" @ Night + Rain!!! OMFG!!!!
and also setup the track and watch the sun rise is also very very cool! (also on green hell) needless to say me and my mate got blown away!!! what a track!

do the go-kart events if u come 1st give u 35k.... (and its easy).. most fked up car i got so far "buick special 62" fked up in a insane kinda way =)
      12-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #70
Mikeshot1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Sedona Red 135i Coupe

In addition to what's already been mentioned as far as interface and load times bow about wheel size? Only bought one wheel and was for 135. Not only was there only a few to pick from other than the finish but how about size and weight difference affecting handling and speed?
I wish when I chose an event in which I don't have a car, that I can buy from dealership without backing to main menu. Also, buying more upgrades. I realize forza was like this too.
Read there are visual damage later, but does it affect race like Forza
Couple questions, what's the vertical meter to left of the g meter?
Only race I can't beat in beginners is the 70's Japanese classic. Can't find new and nothing close in used and I'm level 15 or thereabouts? I don't seem to be unlocking any cars as the sAme 7 BMW's have been there since level 1.
Overall a good game but could be so much better for wait. Hardly any bodykits and no CAI? Not that I was big on graphic decals in Forza but it did differentiate the cars. Sorry for long post but after playing for a week and reading all these posts these are my observations.
Burger Tuning JB+, AFE intakes with scoops, Clear bra and headlight film, City Vision Lighting for DRL & PL Halo's (6 LED), 20% tint, BMW alarm, RHO-Plate, Burger Tuning 12mm spacers in front with 255/35/18 in rear with 10mm spacers, Nitrogen in tires, Black OEM surround kidney grills with chrome slots!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #71
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeshot1 View Post
I wish when I chose an event in which I don't have a car, that I can buy from dealership without backing to main menu. Also, buying more upgrades. I realize forza was like this too.

Only race I can't beat in beginners is the 70's Japanese classic. Can't find new and nothing close in used and I'm level 15 or thereabouts?

no CAI?
Yeah trundling out to the main menu is a PITA. There's a tuning option once in the race menu, but that only lets you select stuff you've already bought from the tuning shop back in the main menu

For 70's japanese classic, i think i used a really old Z and then modded it slightly. Found it used, but I think there are some old cars in the new cars section

There are CAIs, normal and race ones... in the intakes section?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #72
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I've finally reached level 7 but I don't have enough money to buy a 135i yet. I'm driving a 300ZX 2 seater Fairlady with mods pumping out around 380hp. It's not too bad but it needs better tyres! I find certain parts of the career mode exceptionally boring but I think they want us to appreciate all aspects of the game than have everything unlocked. I have to say the GTR, Evo X and Sti feel very solid. AWD inspires plenty of confidence at the limit.

Anyways, I've noticed there are plenty of cars in the races which aren't available in the Dealership or for selection in Arcade Mode which makes me think there are plenty more cars we can unlock as we progress through the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chylld View Post
Thanks for that mate, shame they are out of stock at the moment but I'll keep an eye out for them. I think $300 sounds like a great deal but I imagine it's worth every bit of $400. Also, I've been reading reviews of my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and apparently it's not too bad for any entry level wheel so I may keep using this for a bit longer. If I spend the cash on the wheel I hope I invest a good amount of time into it, usually I give up on a game after a few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #73
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
So where is everyone in the game now? Had just over a week to play and slowly getting there. Got all the licenses and gold in 3 of them. I don't think they are challenging enough... Level 16, so from here on in I will try out more of the races and save up for some cool cars. Most powerful I have now is the Veyron, with I think around 1200ish HP.

Might be investing in a race cockpit soon so I can actually use my G25! So far still using hand controller...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #74
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
So where is everyone in the game now? Had just over a week to play and slowly getting there. Got all the licenses and gold in 3 of them. I don't think they are challenging enough... Level 16, so from here on in I will try out more of the races and save up for some cool cars. Most powerful I have now is the Veyron, with I think around 1200ish HP.

Might be investing in a race cockpit soon so I can actually use my G25! So far still using hand controller...
My interest in the game has been rejuvenated by multiplayer racing your mates online is so much bloody fun (especially with skype and handsfrees)

Currently at level 24 a-spec and 15 b-spec. have a 1200hp veyron too but it's a slug compared to my corvette zr1 rm and forget about comparing it to the minolta race car...

Racing a mate to level 30 b-spec to unlock the sebastian vettel challenge, and you get the ultimate car - the X1 - if you can bronze it.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #75
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I think I'm at Level 12 and I don't have many cars. I haven't been able to play for a while but I might give it a go soon. It seems as though there aren't too many races where we can use the 135i. I'm only up to the professional series so what is in the top 2 tiers? what kind of races can I expect?

Richard, I used the controller the last time and I found it much easier to use. I find you really have to concentrate when using the wheel because driving at the limit on it is pretty intense. Still heaps of fun though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post

Quote:
My interest in the game has been rejuvenated by multiplayer racing your mates online is so much bloody fun (especially with skype and handsfrees)

Currently at level 24 a-spec and 15 b-spec. have a 1200hp veyron too but it's a slug compared to my corvette zr1 rm and forget about comparing it to the minolta race car...

Racing a mate to level 30 b-spec to unlock the sebastian vettel challenge, and you get the ultimate car - the X1 - if you can bronze it.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #76
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
what is in the top 2 tiers? what kind of races can I expect?
The expert and extreme races are more fun... off the top of my head there are a few more car-specific races and racing-car races. There are also 2 races for German cars only, you could probably run a tweaked 135i in that
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #77
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
The expert and extreme races are more fun... off the top of my head there are a few more car-specific races and racing-car races. There are also 2 races for German cars only, you could probably run a tweaked 135i in that
True, thanks for that. I'm a bit disappointed with career. I have not tried B spec yet. What do you have to do?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #78
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
True, thanks for that. I'm a bit disappointed with career. I have not tried B spec yet. What do you have to do?
Career can seem like a bit of a drag, but not when you're aiming for the X1 which is the ultimate car in the game...

You have to reach level 30 in either a-spec or b-spec in order to unlock the sebastian vettel challenge, and then score a bronze in that to win the car. apparently it requires real driving skill, unlike the rest of the game where gold and silver are trivial.

B-spec basically has you train up a driver through the same races. Your driver can use any of your cars so generally I just give him something fast and leave him alone and he wins
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #79
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
OK just got the X1.

OMG WHAT A CAR!!! that car alone makes the game exciting again! and the vettel challenge is absolutely nuts, you really have to know what you're doing, it's a true test of skill. Love it!

and the sound... gotta turn your speakers up for this car
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 03:23 AM   #80
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

I am a bit slow on to this - what's the best wheel for it? I wasn't going to get it, but I am thinking I am giving in.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 03:51 AM   #81
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
I am a bit slow on to this - what's the best wheel for it? I wasn't going to get it, but I am thinking I am giving in.
the BEST? u will have to wait for the Thurstmaster T500RS... its the offical wheel for GT5.. but not sure how long u have to wait before it comes out... they are saying this wheel will cost abt $500 USD! and it kills the other wheels on the market now... my 2c
      12-22-2010, 05:17 AM   #82
GSK130i
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 Alpine White M135i

Garage List
A couple of my mates bought me the signature edition with all the extra stuff . Awesome game just gotta find the time to play it properly
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #83
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
t500 is the ultimate, but not if you want to start playing now current best is probably the logitech g27. (there are more exotic options out there like the fanatec gt3 but i've heard of compatibility problems with gt5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK130i View Post
A couple of my mates bought me the signature edition with all the extra stuff . Awesome game just gotta find the time to play it properly
you sir have 4 days to get your b-spec character up to level 30 to qualify for the signature edition Merc SLS AMG comp!!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #84
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

What do you guys think of the G25/27? Is it worth the premium? I've been reading there is issues with compatibility.

Quote:
I got the Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel in a bundle when I bought Prologue. I'm surprised at how good it is and there is an overwhelming number of positive reviews. It is one of the best budget steering wheels on the market and it's also the official wheel for GT Prologue when it came out in 2007.

I'm not a fan of plastic (clutch-less) pedals and I was it had a proper shifter but for the price I can't complain.

Here's the link http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...s/devices/4172

Last edited by BMW86; 12-22-2010 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #85
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What do you guys think of the G25/27? Is it worth the premium? I've been reading there is issues with compatibility.

I got the Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel in a bundle when I bought Prologue.
There isn't a G25/27 profile in the game, but that hasn't stopped me from playing I just changed the mode to 'simulation' and left all other settings the same.

It's twice the price compared to the Driving Force GT though, so if I were you I'd stick with it. If you were buying a new wheel I'd only get the G27 if you can find it for under $350.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #86
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
There isn't a G25/27 profile in the game, but that hasn't stopped me from playing I just changed the mode to 'simulation' and left all other settings the same.

It's twice the price compared to the Driving Force GT though, so if I were you I'd stick with it. If you were buying a new wheel I'd only get the G27 if you can find it for under $350.
Thanks that sounds like great advice. I think I'll stick with my current wheel for now unless I find one at the price you mentioned which is too good to pass up. Also, I haven't had time to play GT5 in almost 2 weeks!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #87
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
G27 available NOW for $345 inc shipping!!

http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logit...el-pc-ps3.html
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #88
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
G27 available NOW for $345 inc shipping!!

http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logit...el-pc-ps3.html
That's a great price, thanks mate. I've been giving GT5 some more time the past couple days and I'm starting to lose interest in it. I finally started B Spec and I think it's pretty lame and my driver sucks big time. It probably gets better as I progress further. I sold each car after I used it in A spec so now I have to re-buy every car again too.
Appreciate 0