BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
natrotciv
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

HELP: Front stock wheels rubbing eibach coils when dropped

So i recently installed my eibach multipro r2 coilover kit that was made for the 335s. i was told that they would work on the 135s as well. turns out that the rears are fine after lowering the car back on the ground but the fronts were not. i searched through the forums and all i could find was this link from another member that had the same problem as i. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...nsion+pictures

my problem with the fronts is that the tire keeps rubbing against the springs not allowing me to drive so im stuck in my garage. is the only way to fix this problem to get shorter springs or to raise it back up? and does it matter if the front coilovers get swapped by mistake making the setup reversed from what it supposed to be?

thanks a bunch for your time and help, any any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 02:30 AM   #2
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

You can also try to add spacers
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 02:42 AM   #3
natrotciv
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
You can also try to add spacers
i feel as though adding 5mm or 10mm spacers would cause the tires to rub the fenders. im prob going to raise it up tomorrow and see how it does.

i hope that this problem is not due to the fact that i bought coils meant for the 335.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
kellzir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1thirty5

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrotciv View Post
i feel as though adding 5mm or 10mm spacers would cause the tires to rub the fenders. im prob going to raise it up tomorrow and see how it does.

i hope that this problem is not due to the fact that i bought coils meant for the 335.
got any pics?

I'm dropped on kw v2's and have 15mm spacers with stock wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
roo97ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4, X6M, Tesla Plaid, MYP, Ram

had same problem with fk coilovers.

Needed 5mm, if you're running stock wheels, 5-10 mm will work fine, even with 225 rubber. That's what was on mine and the 5 was necessary, the 10 looked better and gave me even more clearance, with alignment pin out and max neg camber.

On mine, you couldn't raise it anywhere near enough to make a difference with the wheel coming against it.

On a similar note i had same thing when i bolted my winter tires up, 17s on aftermarket rims. bolted right in fine, and went to spin the wheel, not sure why i do it, but i do and it won't go. hit brake caliper...good thing neither of us went driving like that.