BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-11-2016, 07:39 AM   #1
Raffi
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Hi all, I have been attempting to search but it keeps on stating connection error which is why I'm posting. I found a great deal on an Idrive head unit, controller knob, and the larger fixed screen from a 2009 135i. My question is, what other items will I need since I already have the older Idrive with the USB and aux port, satellite radio, and Bluetooth. I know I'll need some updated or modified wiring as well as coding but not sure whether my Bluetooth, satellite radio, and aux ports will work with the newer screen and unit. Below are the pics of what I have now[IMG][/IMG]

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated!

I'm assuming I'll need the updated/newer combox?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 06:48 PM   #2
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Yes its easy.

The connection to the idrive computer is the same.
The connection to the idrive screen is different - you will need a different connection to the screen. There is a thread on m3post showing the complete idrive conversion that details the wiring
The controller connection is the same.

But you will need coding.

Change the production date of your vehicle to #0909
Remove the CCC from your vehicle order (i think it is $606)
Add $609 to your vehicle order.
Write your new vehicle order to your CAS and FRM modules
Recode KOMBI, CIC, CID, FRM, MULF, AMPT, PDC, CAS modules.

There is plenty of information on coding everywhere. Dealerships will not be able to do the coding, some independent shops *might* be able to but most will not know how to.
You need a USB-OBD cable and ncsexpert.

This is the link to the m3post thread. You don't need to add any existing wiring, you only need to alter the wiring to the screen as shown in the thread.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780402
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
questionable
S50B32
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 318is

all of the above is very useful information and completely correct. i have done this also.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 08:55 PM   #4
Raffi
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Thank you so my for the input! One last question, are the components I have for sure CIC? I was told that if the head unit doesn't have 2 cd slots, that it's definitely CIC, is that correct?

Also, I know I can keep my current combox but that I can also upgrade to the newer one as well? Other than streaming music via Bluetooth, any other advantages?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #5
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffi View Post
Thank you so my for the input! One last question, are the components I have for sure CIC? I was told that if the head unit doesn't have 2 cd slots, that it's definitely CIC, is that correct?

Also, I know I can keep my current combox but that I can also upgrade to the newer one as well? Other than streaming music via Bluetooth, any other advantages?
Yes 2 slots on the CCC only (what you have now).
1 for music cds, 1 for navigation data dvds
Appreciate 0