BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Windows don't latch after repairs

Hi,

as you may know I was rear-ended and I finally got my car back after waiting 3 months for it to go to service and 3.5 weeks for it to be repaired. They did a great job, HOWEVER, you know how our windows, because they don't have a frame, lower a bit automatically as you open the door and shut flush when you close it? well my car don't do that no more. I had to reset the date, which means they definitely removed the battery (since it was right where they were working).
Any ideas? is this something I can fix? I have to go back to the shop and I will bring it up, but it sounds like I need to go to the dealer for this... which kinda sucks...
I tried the manual but it doesn't say much, it only says that the sunroof might not work properly (I only raised it partially, did not open it) after a power failure, and to contact my bmw centre if that is the case.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
Addict...Nah Im A Junkie!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, 98 M rdstr

I always had to auto lower windows and then auto raise them (ie. hit button and let them go on there own) in my old BMW when power was disconnected before they would function properly. I believe this calibrated them for something or another. Just a guess here though.
      11-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

there is a way to do this on your own.... i remember reading about it on a z4 forum.

lemme see if i can dig it up.

*edit*

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...ht=auto+window
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

thank you. I just carried my last winter tyre downstairs onto my trunk (one by one, as the trunk allows, getting them swapped tomorrow), and am in pj's, so I will have to try tomorrow at work.
Appreciate 0