BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: ‘11 BSM 1M | ‘14 Caterham 485S

The only few mods I would do....any comments or ideas?

So, I've had my car only for a couple of weeks and it's not broken in yet (the iDrive system says I'm due in 400kms, and that would mean my service is at 1500kms instead of 2000kms).
My BSM 1M is totally stock right now, i've only installed the IND Cosmetic Package which includes Gloss Black front kidney grilles and side grilles. Love the look!
The following are all the mods I am thinking about:
- BMW LUX LED Angel Eyes
- Multimedia Interface with Front/Rear Cameras for BMW’s from Alekshop which integrates the cameras to the Drive system.
- BMW Performance electronic Steering Wheel – Version 2
- In terms of the exhaust, I am torn by two predicaments, first of all if I should only change the muffler or do the complete exhaust system, and secondly whether I go with Eisenmann or Akrapovic. This is where I need some feedback and comments that would help!
- Finally I am debating also whether to flash the ECU and get more performance from the engine. I've been looking at ESS DirectFlash.

What do you guys think?
      09-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
M1one1M
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: nothing

The full Eisenmann system only costs slightly more than just the Akrapovic slip on system + tips.

In terms of performance a full system will always give you more performance and sound than just a replacement rear muffler, and from the videos of the Eisenmann system on BigLare's car it sounds pretty awesome.

Common sense would have to prevail..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorst View Post
So, I've had my car only for a couple of weeks and it's not broken in yet (the iDrive system says I'm due in 400kms, and that would mean my service is at 1500kms instead of 2000kms).
My BSM 1M is totally stock right now, i've only installed the IND Cosmetic Package which includes Gloss Black front kidney grilles and side grilles. Love the look!
The following are all the mods I am thinking about:
- BMW LUX LED Angel Eyes
- Multimedia Interface with Front/Rear Cameras for BMW’s from Alekshop which integrates the cameras to the Drive system.
- BMW Performance electronic Steering Wheel – Version 2
- In terms of the exhaust, I am torn by two predicaments, first of all if I should only change the muffler or do the complete exhaust system, and secondly whether I go with Eisenmann or Akrapovic. This is where I need some feedback and comments that would help!
- Finally I am debating also whether to flash the ECU and get more performance from the engine. I've been looking at ESS DirectFlash.

What do you guys think?
Regarding the exhaust, most power is found in replacing the mid-pipe section, the oem muffler is very efficient and little power is found by replacing it. HP and TQ increase will be very similar on the systems you have mentioned so I would choose the system that weighs less, in this case the Akrapovic.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #4
Fundahl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, 300zx TT

Just get CP-E or AR down-pipes and Berk or CP-E mids.... Then your tune of choice and be sure just to delete codes before you go into any warranty work.

You'll love the pull and it will probably leave you wanting more and more.... That's where meth comes in.

Race gas maps are great fun as well! Try so VP Motorsport109. It's unleaded and slightly oxygenated. It's clear like vodka and burns great, the N54 LOVES it!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
SNOOPY11
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundahl View Post
Just get CP-E or AR down-pipes and Berk or CP-E mids.... Then your tune of choice and be sure just to delete codes before you go into any warranty work.

You'll love the pull and it will probably leave you wanting more and more.... That's where meth comes in.

Race gas maps are great fun as well! Try so VP Motorsport109. It's unleaded and slightly oxygenated. It's clear like vodka and burns great, the N54 LOVES it!
I agree, I have not tried VP 109 yet but the 1M sure does love shell 100okt!
Noticeable difference between 93 and 100.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #6
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOOPY11 View Post
I agree, I have not tried VP 109 yet but the 1M sure does love shell 100okt!
Noticeable difference between 93 and 100.
so far i used 4 tanks of shell Vpower (as the 100okt is called here) - now imagine $ 108,-- per fill up

as per the mods:

the lux look great
acrapovic systems are always cool - but i would like blue tips instead of carbon - i cant comment on the eisenmann since i never heard or saw one in person

but i would never get this engine re mapped - dont know about autobahn or straight line but since i mostly drive twisty mountain roads imo the car has power in abundance

i dont know how long you guys want to keep your 1Ms but i dont want to shorten the life circle of a high performance turbo engine any further

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
SNOOPY11
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution80 View Post
so far i used 4 tanks of shell Vpower (as the 100okt is called here) - now imagine $ 108,-- per fill up

as per the mods:

the lux look great
acrapovic systems are always cool - but i would like blue tips instead of carbon - i cant comment on the eisenmann since i never heard or saw one in person

but i would never get this engine re mapped - dont know about autobahn or straight line but since i mostly drive twisty mountain roads imo the car has power in abundance

i dont know how long you guys want to keep your 1Ms but i dont want to shorten the life circle of a high performance turbo engine any further
We have V-power here in the US as well, I am hoping the quality is comparable.

The LUX do look great, waiting on final say on GB to purchase.
Akra is cool, best option but at a cost. Hoping the Euro will cool off this winter and it becomes attainable.

You are absolutely right about the cars performance in twisty mountain roads. You will "never" need any more power than stock.
However, on the autobahn it's a little different story.
The car has no problem reaching high speeds, before you know it you'll be in triple digits. However, it is not as stable (and understandably so) as lets say an M3/5 or my RS 4, especially where the terrain has slopes, bends and turns. That being said, this is a very very capable machine in any environment. Not all cars will be perfect at everything.

I am sure there are tunes that will offer conservative and aggressive files. You can pick and choose when you want the car stock and went all out bunkers!

Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0