BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #23
RobM23
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: E82

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [7.80]
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1990 View Post
Dont really what was she thinking...

In fact just 3 mins before she hit my car, my girl friend in the passenger seat was just talking about how carzy people ride their bike on campus.... and then someone lands on my hood....
not cool man.

08' SGM/CR E82 N54
Active Autowerke/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #24
Barry45RPM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 MB E550, 2010 128i Conv

Go thru insurance. If its worth it, the ins. co. will go after her, and its better that you report the accident to someone who will record the incident anyway In case she eventually claims injury. She has your number, you know.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #25
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
sue the biatch in small claimz court...that's what they are for
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #26
Experimental
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 328d M-sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
sue the biatch in small claimz court...that's what they are for
Agreed. I was going to bring up this very point. And have witnesses go with you to court. If you get a judgement against her, uou can probably also get a judgement to include the time you spent going to the dealer and then chasing her around the clean up her mess.

In any case, good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #27
jimmy1990
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128i sedona Red

Guys, thx for the support!
I guess my very lucky, her insurance company just called me today, and they sent someone to see the damage. Hopefully I can get my baby fixed soon
      11-12-2011, 04:10 AM   #28
wkndwrrr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

This is exactly why I hate bikers.
Where I live, in the Downtown core; they don't use the bike lanes we've blown so much money to build, they weave in and out of traffic, travel against the flow of traffic, blast through stop signs and red lights; basically ignoring any and all traffic rules.
IMO, cyclists and their bikes travelling on city streets, especially in the downtown core should have to be licensed and insured. Too many times have I seen a biker ram into a pedestrian or a car and just pedal off. They need be held accountable, and the best way if they've got license plates like cars.
/rant.
(and I'm not talking about kids riding in suburbia, or riding bikes in the park)

Anyways, some constructive help. Get a dashcam!
My friend was recently driving through an intersection and a biker came out of nowhere, clipped the left passenger side of his hood, landed on top of his hood. Luckily the light had just turned green and my friend wasn't going that fast (he was the second car).
But this asshole had the audacity to yell at my buddy for being a "careless asshole polluting driver" and kept yelling about how if he wasn't in a hurry, he'd call the cops and sue my buddy to the ground.
Luckily for my buddy, as the cyclist was about to run away. A cop pulled up and got out to see what the matter was. My friend immediately said that he had video proof that this guy hit him, so the cops made the cyclist give out his info.
Appreciate 0