BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #1167
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Hahaha! The german one seems the most fitting. I would love to see the look on your service person's face the next time they open the hood. We should have them made into business cards and hand out to everyone we meet as well. Hi there, nice to meet you, did you know I have the BMW Performance Power Kit installed? As a result, I should change my spark plugs every 45,000 miles, or 60,000 kilometers if you're on the metric system.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #1168
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

hahahahah yea I'm pretty pumped about it and how utterly foolish it is.

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #1169
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I'm curious, when you're driving the DCT in sport mode, do you mean with the sport button pushed or in DS mode
I've probably split my time so far with the Sport button on and off, and with the DCT in D Drive or M/S mode. You captured the essential characteristics of each, and I enjoy each 'mode' in different situations. For 'normal' driving, Sport button "on" and DCT in D Drive yields sharper throttle response characteristics without the engine unnecessarily hanging around the 3000 rpm range (as much as I love the sound).

Quote:
As for the HK, I agree, the satellite sounds a little crappy at times, but you may want to mess with and/or check the equalizer as well to improve the sound.
The issue I'm referring to is all about the satellite signal quality... sort of like the low-res video you get when you first start a Netflix video, but as content is cached in gradually gets better in quality. EQ settings were adjusted before driving out of the Performance Center (I showed up with the topic well-researched )

Quote:
I saw a space gray with oyster when I was researching and ya, the oyster is pretty light.
It is mostly grey, with a tiny amount of brown hue. Reminds me of the color of light gull grey paint that appeared on the undersides of USN jets in the '70s and '80s. I am concerned about dye transfer from belts and jeans. I just noticed a black scuff mark on a rear seat surface most certainly left by the tint installer. $%#@!

Quote:
As for the carbon fiber stuff, you might be able to sell your glacier aluminum to a forum member to help offset the CF trim costs.
Great idea! I'll start looking for info suggesting interest or possible price potential for the Glacier trim. If the CF could happen for >$500 cost, I would go for it. I like the look of the SS-trimmed pedals... will keep an eye out for them.

Quote:
And the michelin PSS's of course are amazing, though if you have to buy a winter set, too, you might want to save a few hundred bucks and get the continental extreme contacts and put that money to other uses.
Another good suggestion!

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #1170
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikMsport View Post
The issue I'm referring to is all about the satellite signal quality... sort of like the low-res video you get when you first start a Netflix video, but as content is cached in gradually gets better in quality.

Great idea! I'll start looking for info suggesting interest or possible price potential for the Glacier trim. If the CF could happen for >$500 cost, I would go for it. I like the look of the SS-trimmed pedals... will keep an eye out for them.
Glad to be of assistance. Mineral Greys gotta stick together.

You should call Sirius, they can reset/re-establish the connection with your car by re-sending the signal there, should take 2 minutes. You can even have them schedule it for a certain time where you know you'll be out in the open to receive a strong signal.

You should also contact one of the forum sponsors/vendors to see what pricing they have for the CF trim. Will be much less than the BMW retail price and probably between $1000-1050. I also remember Upora wanted glacier aluminum trim on his lifestyle limited edition car, so might want to hit him up to see if he wants to buy your trim to help offset the costs or potentially even swap as he has that new dark one with the wood grain, not sure the name. You can see that here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842030

What's interesting is that the CF trim for cars with the Nav is really 6 different part #s. You could even buy the cheapest one - the ashtray one for about $60 to see what it look likes before you take the plunge. I'd have to see the BMW CF trim in person before I plunk down that money. My only fear with the oyster interior is it then may look really busy in there, but I definitely see why you want a darker trim. The interior designer in me says the high gloss black might conceivably look better and blend in, plus it might be significantly cheaper. Or just have your glacier aluminum painted in a high gloss/lacquered black, which would be interesting to see.

Last edited by gregthegr8; 09-05-2013 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #1171
meg180
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G80 M3

My husband and I went to the Tail of the Dragon at the end of August and had a great time! Here are a few pics from the photogs there.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #1172
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Awesome shots!!!

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #1173
eywflyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is DSB 6MT 269/613

A few new photos after today's wash, nothing special though just sitting in the driveway. Unfortunately it is a cloudy day here so Deep Sea Blue looks a bit darker than usual.

Also for anyone interested, OEM black floormats with the blue trim are still available for special order from BMW. They are probably listed on some of the third party sites too. The part number is 51-47-7-327-833. I picked up my set yesterday and will store them away. The computer at Lauderdale BMW parts department showed 36 sets of those floormats in Germany, but none in the US at the moment.

Moving to Honolulu in a couple of weeks, so my car will be in shipment for about 25 days. I believe they disconnect the battery, should I expect to lose any settings? Anything special I need to do to have the car ready for this process?
Attached Images

09-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #1174
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eywflyer View Post
A few new photos after today's wash, nothing special though just sitting in the driveway. Unfortunately it is a cloudy day here so Deep Sea Blue looks a bit darker than usual.

Also for anyone interested, OEM black floormats with the blue trim are still available for special order from BMW. They are probably listed on some of the third party sites too. The part number is 51-47-7-327-833. I picked up my set yesterday and will store them away. The computer at Lauderdale BMW parts department showed 36 sets of those floormats in Germany, but none in the US at the moment.

Moving to Honolulu in a couple of weeks, so my car will be in shipment for about 25 days. I believe they disconnect the battery, should I expect to lose any settings? Anything special I need to do to have the car ready for this process?
Car is looking beautiful as always and you may be the only 135is to then have to take TWO boat rides. Does it have to go through the Panama Canal then to get to Hawaii? Does it go from San Pedro? I only ask cause a friend of mine had his e46 M3 sent from Hawaii to CA and I went with to pick it up in San Pedro which was an interesting experience.

Thanks for the heads up on the mats, too. I ordered a set a couple of weeks ago assuming it would take awhile to get here from Germany since nobody carries them. Hopefully at some point they will arrive. How long did it take for yours to get here?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #1175
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:

WOW!!! your photos have me SO excited for my DSB order coming in this week/next week! car looks amazing.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #1176
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
WOW!!! your photos have me SO excited for my DSB order coming in this week/next week! car looks amazing.
Was going to say, I knew IEDEI would love to see those pics, too. =P

Had I seen pics of a deep sea blue beforehand, I might have considered ordering it. Problem is I'd love to have seen it in person beforehand, but it's too rare of a color.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #1177
eywflyer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Car is looking beautiful as always and you may be the only 135is to then have to take TWO boat rides. Does it have to go through the Panama Canal then to get to Hawaii? Does it go from San Pedro? I only ask cause a friend of mine had his e46 M3 sent from Hawaii to CA and I went with to pick it up in San Pedro which was an interesting experience.

Thanks for the heads up on the mats, too. I ordered a set a couple of weeks ago assuming it would take awhile to get here from Germany since nobody carries them. Hopefully at some point they will arrive. How long did it take for yours to get here?
I believe it will get taken cross-country in a car carrier truck to LA/Long Beach and put on a ship there. I will definitely find out the routing next week when it gets picked up. Don't know if it will be an open or closed carrier for the cross-country trip, my employer is paying for the car shipment so I don't have full control over those details.

Ordered my mats in late May and they showed up sometime in July. Had been sitting on a shelf at the dealer since then as they lost all of my contact info and didn't know who those mats were ordered for.

I'm a bit sad to think that the car will be confined to Oahu for at least the next several years if not the rest of its lifetime. There are a few twisty roads in the hills there but not exactly wide open spaces to roam in.
      09-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #1178
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
I believe it will get taken cross-country in a car carrier truck to LA/Long Beach and put on a ship there. I will definitely find out the routing next week when it gets picked up. Don't know if it will be an open or closed carrier for the cross-country trip, my employer is paying for the car shipment so I don't have full control over those details.

Ordered my mats in late May and they showed up sometime in July. Had been sitting on a shelf at the dealer since then as they lost all of my contact info and didn't know who those mats were ordered for.

I'm a bit sad to think that the car will be confined to Oahu for at least the next several years if not the rest of its lifetime. There are a few twisty roads in the hills there but not exactly wide open spaces to roam in.
Ah, gotcha. Ya, I think all the Hawaii car shipments go out of San Pedro, which is in LA by Long Beach and a major port. If you need me to, I can go get it, drive it around for a bit and make sure everything is okay before it goes on the boat. =)

I feel kinda bad for it that it won't be able to hit any open roads and be confined to the island. I'm envisioning it on the shores looking out at the water longing for an open highway. On the bright side, guess it's hard to get high mileage vehicles then in Hawaii too, so it'll be low mileage if and when it escapes paradise. =P
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #1179
eywflyer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
Thanks! Congrats on joining the DSB club soon, I think there are only a couple of others on this forum with a DSB 135is. As of August 24 there had been only 20 DSB 135is coupes built as per Bama335. The 135is coupe colors that are more rare then DSB are the elusive and now discontinued Bluewater (2), the dreaded Cashmere Silver (2), Titanium Silver (15) and Vermillion Red (10).
      09-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #1180
eywflyer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ah, gotcha. Ya, I think all the Hawaii car shipments go out of San Pedro, which is in LA by Long Beach and a major port. If you need me to, I can go get it, drive it around for a bit and make sure everything is okay before it goes on the boat. =)

I feel kinda bad for it that it won't be able to hit any open roads and be confined to the island. I'm envisioning it on the shores looking out at the water longing for an open highway. On the bright side, guess it's hard to get high mileage vehicles then in Hawaii too, so it'll be low mileage if and when it escapes paradise. =P
Yea even if I have a 35 mile round-trip daily commute, there won't exactly be a lot of long road trips. Playing around with google maps it looks like an entire circuit around Oahu is about 120 miles. Too bad they don't have an inter-island auto ferry so I could get it over to the Big Island. Lots of space to roam over there.
      09-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #1181
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
The DSB looks really nice! My car: not so nice. First rain encounter today. The layer of filth on top of Mineral Grey on a cloudy day doesn't look so good... it completely loses its metallic quality.

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #1182
m981addicts
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 98Mz3-09-135i6sp-13-135isDCT

low mileage but TONS of stop/go traffic

My 98 mz3 has only been on Oahu it's entire existence and has <30k miles. My son drives it on the 'rock.' He has never seen my 135is yet, so maybe he'll cross paths with you and experience the 'snap, crackle, pop' of the exhaust. He did drive my 135i when it was on the island from '09 to '12. My other son takes care of that 135i on the 'mainland' now.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #1183
m981addicts
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea even if I have a 35 mile round-trip daily commute, there won't exactly be a lot of long road trips. Playing around with google maps it looks like an entire circuit around Oahu is about 120 miles. Too bad they don't have an inter-island auto ferry so I could get it over to the Big Island. Lots of space to roam over there.
Yeah, they nixed the inter-island ferry before I made it back home in the fall of '09.

Last edited by m981addicts; 09-12-2013 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #1184
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
If it is on an open carrier and double decker, you want to be sure to talk to the carrier ahead of time and insist on it being on the upper deck. I've heard this numerous times, as you don't want fluids from the cars above you leaking onto your paint for a week...

Best of luck with the move.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #1185
m981addicts
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
deleted
I did ship a car once to Hawaii back in the 80's and it arrived covered completely with a coat of motor oil from the car above it! I suppose it was then protected from the ocean spray on it's journey (of course the shipper paid to have it cleaned).

Ever since that happened, I've always shipped my car in a closed container.

Last edited by m981addicts; 09-12-2013 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #1186
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

I guess the take home message is maybe I should just drive it across the country to LA and make sure it makes it there safely and cleanly. Will throw in a free oil change. =)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #1187
mr135i11
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Cab w Sport Pkg

Hello all, pic of my 2011 135i, first BMW after several Audis
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #1188
mr135i11
Registered