BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
gmza
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
5-cylinder N54. :-(

Every time I hit ~3500rpm on full throttle, I get a stutter and a cough, then she misfires, MIL lamp lights up, cylinder cuts out and into limp mode, stuttering along on 5 cylinders...

I think that HPFP #2 has seen the last of daylight, although it seems that this time, as a consequence of the silly new software they loaded to try and keep it alive longer (prior the the "upgrade" she used to have the occassional issue on cranking), it may actually have caused damage the injector too.

I guess we'll see tomorrow when the stealer pulls the fault code if it's the same cylinder cutting out each time or just whichever one is unlucky enough to be under- or over-fuelled at the instant the HPFP throws a wobbly.

Like most modern computers, it's fine after a reboot. In the mean time, self-imposing a 3500rpm limiter is rather like a vow of abstinance; almost certain to be breached, sooner rather than later.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
gmza
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
Seems Forsdicks are getting used to N54 blue since the first HPFP I had replaced. They agreed to replace the HPFP without putting up a fight and they had the HPFP in stock....
Appreciate 0