BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
SubcommanderTom
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 128 Coupe

Anti-Pinch Malfunction

Back to my German car roots after a few years with Subaru's (hence the screen name) my 128i has acquired a few "issues" and one I have not seen posted elsewhere. Has anyone else had a failure on the "Anti-Pinch" window motor? Drivers window went down the 1/4 " one day and never came back up -- nor does it respond to either the window switch or using the key fob control. The dealer said the part is coming from Germany and to expect a 7-10 day delay (comforting they don't have the parts over here!).
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cayman S / Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubcommanderTom View Post
Back to my German car roots after a few years with Subaru's (hence the screen name) my 128i has acquired a few "issues" and one I have not seen posted elsewhere. Has anyone else had a failure on the "Anti-Pinch" window motor? Drivers window went down the 1/4 " one day and never came back up -- nor does it respond to either the window switch or using the key fob control. The dealer said the part is coming from Germany and to expect a 7-10 day delay (comforting they don't have the parts over here!).
Interesting... I know the 3 series have window regulator problems with their cradles breaking, but I have yet to hear much from the 1 series...

Stay Warm!
      02-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

My passenger window would not go up the ¼ inch when the door closed. The next day when I put the window up it went up it started going back down ½ ways. I took it to the dealer and they had to reprogram the windows and now it works as designed.