BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-27-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
onastov
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Smile I love my 135i convertible!

After two months of waiting, I finally picked my 135i convertible this past Saturday, May 24! This is one amazing car. It drives and handles beautifully. The Steptronic is very responsive and delivers acceleration immediatelly. The leatherette standard seats feel great, much like real leather, are comfortable and provide excellent support. The standard steering wheel has two thickened portions at 10 and 2 o'clock as well as texture throughout which makes for a really good grip. The standard stereo sounds great, clear across all frequencies, lots of bass, and voice clarity. The iPod/USB option works beautifully with my iPhone, and there is a noticeable improvement in audio quality when the chosen FM station switches to HD.

The moonlight black top indeed shimmers in sunlight and blends much better with the rest of the car which is cashmere silver metallic. It sort of looks like black denim up close. I love that I chose a top and exterior color both unique to the 1 series.

I explicitly asked my SA to make sure no one drives the car when it arrives. The odometer had 4 miles on it when I drove it away!

Here is one pic of me and my new baby car.
Attached Images

05-27-2008, 01:32 AM   #2
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

Nice lookin car.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 01:34 AM   #3
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

Oh nice, it works well with the iPhone, yessssss. Thanks for that
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 01:41 AM   #4
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Congrats..Looks cool.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 01:49 AM   #5
blklacker
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

I was cheesing like that when I picked up my ride. I love the car, love the color, but I'm not to happy about your rims thou different strokes for different folks.....:iono:

-135i BSM, CRBL ,custom front lip/Indianapolis red fade, blacked out tail lights/corner headlights, golf tee, BMS Air intake, SSTT, CF spoiler,Powdered coated OEM rims gunmetal high gloss,custom Rear diffuser Black/Indianapolis red fade
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #6
OrientBlauZHP
1addict regardless
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onastov View Post
After two months of waiting, I finally picked my 135i convertible this past Saturday, May 24! This is one amazing car. It drives and handles beautifully. The Steptronic is very responsive and delivers acceleration immediatelly. The leatherette standard seats feel great, much like real leather, are comfortable and provide excellent support. The standard steering wheel has two thickened portions at 10 and 2 o'clock as well as texture throughout which makes for a really good grip. The standard stereo sounds great, clear across all frequencies, lots of bass, and voice clarity. The iPod/USB option works beautifully with my iPhone, and there is a noticeable improvement in audio quality when the chosen FM station switches to HD.

The moonlight black top indeed shimmers in sunlight and blends much better with the rest of the car which is cashmere silver metallic. It sort of looks like black denim up close. I love that I chose a top and exterior color both unique to the 1 series.

I explicitly asked my SA to make sure no one drives the car when it arrives. The odometer had 4 miles on it when I drove it away!

Here is one pic of me and my new baby car.
Congrats!! Did you have to buy the "special" BMW cable to get your iPhone to work with the USB/iPod adapter?
      05-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #7
sunking420
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 SGM 135i

Remember, it's not miles per gallon, it's smiles per mile. From the photo, you're on your way. As the one poster above respectfully said he wasn't wild about your rims, me, I happen to like the stock ones and am keeping mine. They're easy to clean, and I like a car as stock as possible. Only mod I've done is tint. Drive safely, take the time to correctly breakin, and you'll be smiling for a long time!Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #8
plien69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Looks great! Really liking BWM, even though I thought I wouldn't.

I had no idea the 135 vert came with 205/50-17 tires. And I thought the 135i coupe was undertired!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
onastov
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1thirty5 View Post
Congrats!! Did you have to buy the "special" BMW cable to get your iPhone to work with the USB/iPod adapter?
Thanks! I didn't have to buy the cables, they came with the car. There are two cables, one is for iPhones and iPods and the other one for generic USB devices.
      05-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #10
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Are those the 17" rims with the all season tires? Interesting choice considering the vehicle and location.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Nice! If you don't mind a comment... The wheels aren't my favorite either... I think they look a bit small, too.

But, it's a 135i convertible!! You will be smiling like that for a long time.

BTW, next time put a hot babe in the front seat and put yourself behind the camera! J/K!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
      05-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #12
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

More interior pics please!!
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #13
OrientBlauZHP
1addict regardless
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Thanks! I didn't have to buy the cables, they came with the car. There are two cables, one is for iPhones and iPods and the other one for generic USB devices.
Sweet!! I can't wait to see how this works!
      05-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #14
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

Nice car. Silver is the only color I like with the chrome instead of the shadowline. The nice thing about the smaller rims is that the tires are all the same size so you can rotate them. Also, the tires are cheaper to replace.

For the coupe guys, note that the 17" wheels are std on the 135 vert. You have to get the sport package to get the 18" wheels that come std on the 135 coupe. If you think those are "small rims", you have to see the std wheels on the 128 vert. Those are only 16". You have to get the sport pkg to get 17" rims on the 128 vert.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 07:14 PM   #15
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Thats a 135 right? where are the 18" wheels?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #16
th808
Rep
Drives:

congratulation! we picked up our lovely cars on the same day!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #17
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
For the coupe guys, note that the 17" wheels are std on the 135 vert. You have to get the sport package to get the 18" wheels that come std on the 135 coupe. If you think those are "small rims", you have to see the std wheels on the 128 vert. Those are only 16". You have to get the sport pkg to get 17" rims on the 128 vert.
I never realized this either. I have a 'vert on it's way to me next week (I hope!). So I'm only getting 17" wheels?! I wonder why they do that to the 'vert? To make the ride softer due to the extra weight? Anything else the 135 'vert is missing? Does it still have the M suspension?

Anyone catch this Sunday's NY Times description of the ride quality of the 135: "...with it's short wheelbase and huge wheels the 135i coupe took a toll on occupants over torn-up freeways....it recalls the 1st year of the X3's cement-mixer ride...." Other than that, it was a good write-up overall....

Gorgeous car Onastov ! Congrats! ( I bet you don't miss those 18" rims one bit !:biggrin

135i Convertible
Crimson Red w/ Taupe soft top
Taupe 'ette & Light Burl Walnut trim
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #18
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
Nice car. Silver is the only color I like with the chrome instead of the shadowline. The nice thing about the smaller rims is that the tires are all the same size so you can rotate them. Also, the tires are cheaper to replace.

That is not true. I am pretty sure he selected the no-cost option of 17" wheels with all season tires as every 135 vert on the lot has the 18" wheels that come standard on the coupe as well.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #19
onastov
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
That is not true. I am pretty sure he selected the no-cost option of 17" wheels with all season tires as every 135 vert on the lot has the 18" wheels that come standard on the coupe as well.
You have to get the sport package on the 135i convertible to get 18" wheels. If a 135i convertible on a lot has 18" wheels, it has the sports package. The no-cost stock option for the 135i convertible is 17" wheels and I was aware of it.

On the coupe, as nordique14 noted, the 18" are standard for the 135i.

The 135i convertible does come with the sports suspension standard, just like the coupe.

Given my driving style and everyday purpose of the car, I have no need for the 18" tires and prefer a somewhat softer ride.
      05-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #20
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Here's the bottom line regarding the 135i convertible...

17" wheels are standard on the 135i convertible. The Sport Package adds the 18" wheels on the 135i convertible.
      05-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #21
onastov
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwillcutts View Post
So I'm only getting 17" wheels?! I wonder why they do that to the 'vert? To make the ride softer due to the extra weight? Anything else the 135 'vert is missing? Does it still have the M suspension?

Anyone catch this Sunday's NY Times description of the ride quality of the 135: "...with it's short wheelbase and huge wheels the 135i coupe took a toll on occupants over torn-up freeways....it recalls the 1st year of the X3's cement-mixer ride...." Other than that, it was a good write-up overall....

Gorgeous car Onastov ! Congrats! ( I bet you don't miss those 18" rims one bit !:biggrin
Thanks. I am guessing ride quality is why the 17" are standard on the 135i convertible. This is what I wanted. I am not planning on racing with my car :smile:

The 135i convertible does have the M suspension standard. With the standard 17" wheels, the ride is still quite firm, but not too firm. Just about right for me.
      05-27-2008, 09:11 PM   #22
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Thanks. I am guessing ride quality is why the 17" are standard on the 135i convertible. This is what I wanted. I am not planning on racing with my car :smile:

The 135i convertible does have the M suspension standard. With the standard 17" wheels, the ride is still quite firm, but not too firm. Just about right for me.
I agree. The more I think about it, its actually a bit of a relief to know the ride will be a bit softer, and the tire rotations will be easier with all 4 tires the same size. My 'vert is also intended for everyday pleasure cruising too, not racing.

So you like the taupe leatherette? no regrets on not opting for the leather? I ordered the same too to save the money!

135i Convertible
Crimson Red w/ Taupe soft top
Taupe 'ette & Light Burl Walnut trim
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0