BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-01-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
TheFox
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3NTAL 135I Auto, On3 ST

Thoughts on 3.0 CSL styling on E82

I have always loved the look of the M livery 3.0 CSL and always wanted to have one or at least have a similar livery/styling on my car. After seeing the BMW homage car and liking some of the styling I think the roof spoiler as well as the iconic bat wing might look really good on a 1 series. I have a feeling the rear fenders would look out of place if not changed to a wider style similar to the CSL.

I know if I decide to go down this road it would have to be entirely custom fabricated. I have been looking for a good E82 model to help me plan out designs and simulate the effective changes to airflow around the car in order for me to make my final decision. I have some concerns that the sharp angles of the wing would not match the curves of the E82, I also don't know how I plan on incorporating the antenna fin into the design.

Just looking for input from the community on what everyone thinks about the idea.
Appreciate 0