BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-20-2017, 11:27 AM   #1
TGel15
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

New Rotors & Pads

Im looking to replace the rotors and pads at the same time with the stock replacements as they have provided good bite and I don't want to deal with any squeaking. I would assume changing the brake fluid at the same time would be the move. Is it beneficial to switch to stainless steel brake lines?

The car is also recently out of warranty and I am closely located to Turner Motorsports and may start to have them as my "go to" shop, should I have a good first experience there.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 11:37 AM   #2
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGel15 View Post
Im looking to replace the rotors and pads at the same time with the stock replacements as they have provided good bite and I don't want to deal with any squeaking. I would assume changing the brake fluid at the same time would be the move. Is it beneficial to switch to stainless steel brake lines?

The car is also recently out of warranty and I am closely located to Turner Motorsports and may start to have them as my "go to" shop, should I have a good first experience there.
Switching to stainless is easy for the front, and will improve brake feel especially under heavy load (track), not sure if that's important to you or not.

The rear brake lines are a bit more work and if I'm not mistaken may require the subframe to be lowered a bit. If you are doing that, maybe consider upgrading your rear subframe bushings also

Slippery slope!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #3
TGel15
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

How much harsher would the ride be if the only suspension upgrade (to start haha) was the upgraded subframe bushings?

Not full aluminum but possibly delrin
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 08:55 AM   #4
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
How much harsher would the ride be if the only suspension upgrade (to start haha) was the upgraded subframe bushings?

Not full aluminum but possibly delrin
Are you on runflats? They cause more harshness than the RSFB, but you would perhaps notice a small increase in NVH rather than ride harshness. Any reason you want to go full aluminum vs OE M3 rubber or poly? Unless you have a race car going to all metal is probably a very small increment/improvement over harder rubber or poly. There are a few types of poly that are 2 piece which make them easy to install (Whiteline for example)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #5
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:

Brake fluid should be flushed every 2-3 years at the very minimum. SS lines are always a good idea to improve pedal feel slightly and reduce moister penetration through the membrane of the rubber hoses.
Appreciate 0