BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
Noize
Under the radar
United_States
Rep
Drives: FWD in reverse

Does Owner's Circle ever have incorrect info for an order? Help please.

Here's the scoop. I traded in my Evo for a 135i the dealership already had coming. The car hits the port in USA tomorrow.

I inked the final deal today and the car is set to arrive next week.

I compromised a tiny bit, because that car had no factory hifi that I wanted and it had the red coral leather when I wanted black. No biggie, they gave me a good deal on the car and trade in.

One thing that put me over the top of a positive decision is this car had the high gloss black trim on their build sheet. This was my top choice.

So fast forward to now, I register on Owner's Circle (or whatever it is called now), and it brings up the options list and says "Glacier Silver Aluminum trim". Please tell me the dealer sheet is correct and owner's circle is wrong! I despise that silver snakeskin interior, and do not want it at all.

The other thing it said that scared me a bit was:
M steering wheel
M steering wheel with paddle shifters

I did NOT order a steptronic car, and was not charged as such. If its an automatic, I will obviously not accept it.

Here's my questions:

Has anyone else seen owner's circle list incorrect info?
If your order came in incorrectly, did the dealer work with you?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Call your dealer and have them look it up. The Owners Circle is notorious for errors.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
Noize
Under the radar
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Call your dealer and have them look it up. The Owners Circle is notorious for errors.

Thanks. I did this, and my CA said his shows high gloss black. I hope they are right!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
EmeraldRx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

My OC was wrong until the day the car was delivered. I don't have the car yet, but soon.

1987 Corvette Convertible-29k mi
1989 Bronco Eddie Bauer
2008 Nissan Armada (wifes)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

The owner circle information is always wrong and the information mysteriously changed periodly too.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
wnta135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Sedona Red 135i

The OC for my Sedona Red 135i has been wrong from the get go. Haven't checked since I picked the car up on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
ucbsupafly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noize View Post
Here's the scoop. I traded in my Evo for a 135i the dealership already had coming. The car hits the port in USA tomorrow.

I inked the final deal today and the car is set to arrive next week.

I compromised a tiny bit, because that car had no factory hifi that I wanted and it had the red coral leather when I wanted black. No biggie, they gave me a good deal on the car and trade in.

One thing that put me over the top of a positive decision is this car had the high gloss black trim on their build sheet. This was my top choice.

So fast forward to now, I register on Owner's Circle (or whatever it is called now), and it brings up the options list and says "Glacier Silver Aluminum trim". Please tell me the dealer sheet is correct and owner's circle is wrong! I despise that silver snakeskin interior, and do not want it at all.

The other thing it said that scared me a bit was:
M steering wheel
M steering wheel with paddle shifters

I did NOT order a steptronic car, and was not charged as such. If its an automatic, I will obviously not accept it.

Here's my questions:

Has anyone else seen owner's circle list incorrect info?
If your order came in incorrectly, did the dealer work with you?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Can't help you with the discrepency on the trim. But as far as steering wheel goes, you'll be fine. I had the same scare when I first started tracking my car on Owner's Circle. The M Steering Wheel (with and without paddle shifter) is actually juat part of the description for the sport package. If you look at the configurator on BMWUSA, you'll see the same two M Steering Wheel options listed under the sport package. All it means is that you will get one of the two steering wheel options, depending on the transmission ordered. You are not getting a steering wheel with paddle shifters if you didn't order steptronic. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
Noize
Under the radar
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbsupafly View Post
Can't help you with the discrepency on the trim. But as far as steering wheel goes, you'll be fine. I had the same scare when I first started tracking my car on Owner's Circle. The M Steering Wheel (with and without paddle shifter) is actually juat part of the description for the sport package. If you look at the configurator on BMWUSA, you'll see the same two M Steering Wheel options listed under the sport package. All it means is that you will get one of the two steering wheel options, depending on the transmission ordered. You are not getting a steering wheel with paddle shifters if you didn't order steptronic. Hope that helps.

Thanks, that does help and makes perfect sense.

Hopefully the trim thing will just be incorrect in O.C., because I don't think I can deal with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
stso0000
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

Don't worry. Your CA will always have access to the correct info through BMW Dealer Central; just make sure to have he/she run a Vehicle Inquiry Report and send it to you. I got mine in PDF form from my CA and it has all o the details. OC isn't always accurate when you first register but it gets better the longer you are in the system. My configuration has been correct on the OC for several months.

ST
Ordered May 27. Construction started May 30. Construction finished June 6. Awaiting transport June 7. Departed DE June 17. Arrived in US July 8. Arrived at Customs July 12. Left for VPC July 25. Delivered @ PC on Aug 12.

Options: CW, Premium, Sport Pkgs. CA. iPod. Premium Hi-fi. Satellite Radio. HD Radio.
Appreciate 0