BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #23
Wolfpack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Everything in my garage

Garage List
Not a great day for the 1M's today. Course length made it tough and we were all shaking our heads with the final times. I finally broke into the 28's on last run with Mark and Jim just behind in the low 29's. I not sure of the final standings, but we were down around 4th through 9th somewhere. I think we all felt we should have been at least a second faster than we were.

I'll post a couple photos when we get home again. Nice to meet you E30racer and congrats on the run yesterday.
      09-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #24
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Not a great day for the 1M's today. Course length made it tough and we were all shaking our heads with the final times. I finally broke into the 28's on last run with Mark and Jim just behind in the low 29's. I not sure of the final standings, but we were down around 4th through 9th somewhere. I think we all felt we should have been at least a second faster than we were.

I'll post a couple photos when we get home again. Nice to meet you E30racer and congrats on the run yesterday.
Many thanks to all you guys for keeping us that could not participate updated .... sounds like great fun!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #25
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack

I've already repressed.

There was an autocross yesterday? Funny. I don't remember it.

Ugh. Scott is correct. All three 1M owners struggled. Perhaps a 26 second course is the perfect anti boost buggy course.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #26
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack

I've already repressed the fact that I did so miserably.

There was an autocross yesterday? Funny. I don't remember it.

Ugh. Scott is correct. All three 1M owners struggled. Perhaps a 26 second course is the perfect anti boost buggy course.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #27
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

Where was the auto-x held? Did the cooler temps have an affect on grip?

Not 1M stuff but I won the Spec E36 race on Friday with a crazy mix of rain and oil on the track. Cars were spinning all over the place and I did a 360 2 turns into the race without hitting or getting hit! Here's a short video of me going from 1st place to 3rd and back to 1st again. I had an IS car move into me, which caused some damage to the front turn signal but the Lamin-x kept it together. Great to see Mark and Neil!

09-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #28
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep

Perhaps this sign explains the times?
Attached Images

09-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #29
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post

Not 1M stuff but I won the Spec E36 race on Friday with a crazy mix of rain and oil on the track. Cars were spinning all over the place and I did a 360 2 turns into the race without hitting or getting hit! Here's a short video of me going from 1st place to 3rd and back to 1st again. I had an IS car move into me, which caused some damage to the front turn signal but the Lamin-x kept it together. Great to see Mark and Neil!
I like the part from 5:20-5:30 the best. Congrats on the win!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #30
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BYU View Post
I like the part from 5:20-5:30 the best.
Haha, that's called "tripler" in French (for experiences outside the track: drive through some busy city center streets in Paris or Rome).
      09-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #31
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep

Haha...so true. It was almost like merging in traffic at the Arc de Triomphe!

If you thought that was fun, check out the 1st lap video below. With a start like this I can't believe I took the win on Friday! I originally thought I got tapped but after looking at the rear view mirror in this video it was all me. I just got my foot back to throttle a second too early and the car snapped. On Sunday I was offered a ride in a 2340 lb C Mod E30 M3 with an S54 in the 1st enduro and then went back to the SE36 in enduro #2. What an awesome weekend!

Does anyone have any video from the auto-x?

09-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #32
terivera
track Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M coupe AW

Hey Dan, Wish I had looked for this thread earlier. i was there with my AW 1M and just had a ball. Neil and I had some good fun on the track. I watched your race from atop Madness,a definate oops moment, but a great comeback. great consistancy, Great Race. Congrats!!! I do wish we could have all gotten together to meet
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #33
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep

Was that you in the bay near the restrooms/tower? I walked by about 20 times but no one was ever there.

Here's my qualifying lap for that race. Check out the parked car on the exit of T1 (and no yellow flag either) This could have been very very bad but was actually my fastest SE36 lap thanks to the 135 draft on the back straight.
      09-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #34
Wolfpack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Everything in my garage

Garage List
Here are a couple group photos from the autocross on Thursday. I never did put the go pro up on the car. Seemed like a waste to mess with it due to the short nature of the course.

Wolfpack = VO
Jim 1M = AW
M3 Adjuster = BSM

I was right accross from terivera on Thursday (by the bathrooms), we talked several times and we discussed his trailer hitch (still thinking hard on installing one on mine also).

Last edited by Wolfpack; 09-24-2012 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #35
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Great seeing you guys at O'fest.

If I get my act together, I'll post up some video of three of our 1Ms on track.

Best to all.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #36
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:

your overtake at the end there was just sweet!

and lol @ 38 second dan... Because Im sure he was looking to check your hand signals!!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 04:57 AM   #37
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep

I see hand gestures all the time (most are nice and some not) so I just assume others do as well. He was in another class (a faster one) and was %($ing up my race big time. Yeah, I was frustrated. The blocking had been going on for 2-3 laps prior and it finally allowed 2nd place by me so I boiled over a bit.
      09-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #38
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
I see hand gestures all the time (most are nice and some not) so I just assume others do as well. He was in another class (a faster one) and was %($ing up my race big time. Yeah, I was frustrated. The blocking had been going on for 2-3 laps prior and it finally allowed 2nd place by me so I boiled over a bit.
hah I hear you. At least sweet victory was served with that final pass as the drivers over aggressiveness in that black car took him into a poor line/spot for the slower traffic in front of him!

Those vids make me wish I had the time and $$ for a dedicated track car, looks like a blast!
Appreciate 0