BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
hayespn
n00b
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Sport

Wheel Delaminating

Hi all

Will post some pics tonight, but I have noticed paint is coming off one of my rear wheels. The wheel has not come into contact with anything (e.g. curbs etc) - rather it appears to be faulty paint.

I am going into the dealer for the taillight recall next Tuesday and will raise with them. In the meantime, a couple of questions:-

1. Has anyone else seen this happen to their wheels? If so, was it considered warrantable?
2. If the warranty claim is denied, I am considering having the wheels powder coated instead. Is anyone familiar with this process - I am trying to gauge the ballpark cost for all four wheels?

In the meantime, I continue to have long cranks in the morning, but performance is good and no codes thrown yet.

Cheers

Paul
      08-16-2010, 03:09 AM   #2
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
did you buy your car brand spanking new from the dealer?

if not, i.e. even if it had only a few hundred demo km's the chances are it was curbed & repaired. this is a common occurance for repaired rims.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
ncutinelli
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 125i LMB

Garage List
yeah mine is doing the same but it is the wheel that i had repaired @ wheel solutions in melb ... they coat and bake the wheel... might have to take it back to get it re-done.... it cost $165 per wheel...

but as BMW //MPOWER said it might be a re sprayed wheel???