BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #111
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
I saw a silver 135i on crooks just south of South blvd. There are a few in the area.

In other news, my car is now at the port waiting for a ship.
Congrats!

If you guys have the ability to spread the word about the site and our "group" here, be sure to do so - the more the merrier! :smile:
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #112
damian
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

unfortunately, most of the car guys i know are from the subaru world (e.g. nasioc) and are mad at me (like ben at hodges).

btw, do you see joe any more, clayton?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 03:14 PM   #113
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
unfortunately, most of the car guys i know are from the subaru world (e.g. nasioc) and are mad at me (like ben at hodges).

btw, do you see joe any more, clayton?
They'll get over it... Especially once they go for a ride. 1ers are the new black, ya know. :wink:
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 12:56 AM   #114
RWD FUN
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
Do you have any pics of your WRX? Post a couple up if you do!

Also, when did you place the order for your 1er? And when did it get on a boat? I put mine in on April 21st and am trying to get a good estimate as to when I should be expecting her...
Been out of town and busy trying to get my auto loan taken care of, but finally got finished and took delivery last night. Of course it rained on me as I was on my way home.

I ordered it March 28th. It was supposed to be a week 17-18 build, but as soon as my dealer made it a priority 1, it moved to a week 14 build, which meant it was finished April 7th, It got on a ship April 21st arrived at the VPC May 5th, arrived at dealer May 20th. Originally I wanted to take delivery in late June, so when my dealer realized it was going to be really early they changed it to a priority 4 as it was on the ship over. That actually delayed it at the VPC for a week. When I told them I changed my mind and I wanted it ASAP, they changed it back to priority 1. It arrived a week later. It took 6.5 weeks from its completion date and likely would have been 5.5 weeks if it had stayed priority 1. That is form completion date. The time it takes from your order to production will vary, but if you have a build week, you can predict arrival date within a week, as long as its priority 1.

I haven't detailed the WRX yet, so no pics, but I plan on doing that soon and listing it on auto trader. Its nothing special, completely stock and been that way its entire life.

RWD FUN
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:49 AM   #115
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD FUN View Post
Been out of town and busy trying to get my auto loan taken care of, but finally got finished and took delivery last night. Of course it rained on me as I was on my way home.

I ordered it March 28th. It was supposed to be a week 17-18 build, but as soon as my dealer made it a priority 1, it moved to a week 14 build, which meant it was finished April 7th, It got on a ship April 21st arrived at the VPC May 5th, arrived at dealer May 20th. Originally I wanted to take delivery in late June, so when my dealer realized it was going to be really early they changed it to a priority 4 as it was on the ship over. That actually delayed it at the VPC for a week. When I told them I changed my mind and I wanted it ASAP, they changed it back to priority 1. It arrived a week later. It took 6.5 weeks from its completion date and likely would have been 5.5 weeks if it had stayed priority 1. That is form completion date. The time it takes from your order to production will vary, but if you have a build week, you can predict arrival date within a week, as long as its priority 1.

I haven't detailed the WRX yet, so no pics, but I plan on doing that soon and listing it on auto trader. Its nothing special, completely stock and been that way its entire life.

RWD FUN
Congrats on the car - that's great news! Sorry about her getting rained on though!

That's also good news on the Priority 1 shipping and whatnot. My car's been Priority 1 since the get-go, so hopefully it's not at VPC too long.

Concerning the Subie, they're generally fun regardless; however, a little extra power never hurts! Clayton claims that once I make the BMW switch, I'll never look back, but I'd like to think I'll own another STI some day. It was tons of fun. :smile:
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #116
EINS
Simply One Great Car!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i SGM Coupe

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Hey Michigan 1 owners!

Just stopping by to say Hello and looking forward to seeing these sweet rides around the D!

-Jeff
      05-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #117
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINS View Post
Hey Michigan 1 owners!

Just stopping by to say Hello and looking forward to seeing these sweet rides around the D!

-Jeff
Welcome, Jeff! I added you to the list.

Looks like we still don't have any duplicate cars locally! :smile:

For onlookers that are unaware:

CLICK HERE for the current list of Michigan 1er owners...

**PM me if you'd like to be added to the list. Be sure to include all of the details in the current sheet (exact city is optional).

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 07:48 AM   #118
EINS
Simply One Great Car!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Welcome, Jeff! I added you to the list.

Looks like we still don't have any duplicate cars locally! :smile:
Thanks Jason!

It would be cool to see all of thes cars together sometime this summer.

-Jeff
      05-24-2008, 08:14 AM   #119
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINS View Post
Thanks Jason!

It would be cool to see all of thes cars together sometime this summer.

-Jeff
I think so too. Now that we have a pretty healthy list going, I suggest that we set up a dinner one night in Royal Oak or somewhere in the vicinity and then plan to head out to Woodward for some car watching for the evening. We can line 'em up at the old Bombay building if we get out there early enough...

I personally have the following Saturdays open this Summer (I'm not posting earlier than the 28th because I'm not sure when my car will be available and how many others could be available on that short of notice):
  • June 28th
  • July 12th
  • August 2nd
  • August 9th
  • August 23rd
I'm actually open on August 16th as well; however, that's the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise and am not about to even attempt at meeting up down there since things will be INSANE.

For anyone else looking, please feel free to state when you think this would be good. If a weekend is bad for you, let us know. I'm not opposed to pushing this out to later in August if it means getting more cars together.

Also, I know a few of you have already had your cars on a dyno and to be quite honest, all of the 135s out there will make pretty close #s to Clayton's car on these rollers; however, if you want me to get in contact with Jan @ Speed Industry to set up a Dyno Day for us I know he'll cut a great deal for 3 pulls each. As for 128s, I have yet to see any #s so if enough are interested, this would be a good chance to see what your car could do, Lili.

I don't have a problem organizing an all day event, provided there's enough interest... :roundel:
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #120
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

I'll dyno again now that I have some miles on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #121
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
I'll dynos again now that I have some miles on it.
That'd be sweet... it'll give the stock vehicles (mine included) something to shoot for when they "grow up." :biggrin:

Rumor has it Clayton's car will be a chest pounding gorilla very soon... :wink:
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #122
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep

Quote:
That'd be sweet... it'll give the stock vehicles (mine included) something to shoot for when they "grow up." :biggrin:

Rumor has it Clayton's car will be a chest pounding gorilla very soon... :wink:
I never doubted that he would win the modding championship. You will be his only comp. I will just be factory compliant.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #123
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
I never doubted that he would win the modding championship. You will be his only comp. I will just be factory compliant.
I can't say that I'll be much competition... My car will see a tune, maybe some sticky tires and possibly a set of sways over the next couple of years. I can't afford to blow this one up, so until she's paid off (which I doubt I'll own it long enough to do), it won't get nearly as crazy as the Subaru was.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #124
ltrudell
Rep
Drives:

I will be there IF my car is here. I am not a very patient person... the wait is killing me and it has only been since May 1st!!

We go up north often on weekends in the summer, but I will sure try to be there.

Am I really the only 128???? Cool.

Lili
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #125
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrudell View Post
I will be there IF my car is here. I am not a very patient person... the wait is killing me and it has only been since May 1st!!

We go up north often on weekends in the summer, but I will sure try to be there.

Am I really the only 128???? Cool.

Lili
I know exactly how you feel! My car is finally just 6 days from being stateside and I'll hopefully have it 10-14 days after that (I'm not getting my hopes TOO high though)...

And yes, so far, you're the one and only! Looks like you're the only blue car as well! :smile:

Maybe we're better off setting this for sometime out in August just so that there's a greater possibility of more people making it out...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #126
EINS
Simply One Great Car!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
I think so too. Now that we have a pretty healthy list going, I suggest that we set up a dinner one night in Royal Oak or somewhere in the vicinity and then plan to head out to Woodward for some car watching for the evening. We can line 'em up at the old Bombay building if we get out there early enough...

I personally have the following Saturdays open this Summer (I'm not posting earlier than the 28th because I'm not sure when my car will be available and how many others could be available on that short of notice):
  • June 28th
  • July 12th
  • August 2nd
  • August 9th
  • August 23rd
I'm actually open on August 16th as well; however, that's the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise and am not about to even attempt at meeting up down there since things will be INSANE.

For anyone else looking, please feel free to state when you think this would be good. If a weekend is bad for you, let us know. I'm not opposed to pushing this out to later in August if it means getting more cars together.

Also, I know a few of you have already had your cars on a dyno and to be quite honest, all of the 135s out there will make pretty close #s to Clayton's car on these rollers; however, if you want me to get in contact with Jan @ Speed Industry to set up a Dyno Day for us I know he'll cut a great deal for 3 pulls each. As for 128s, I have yet to see any #s so if enough are interested, this would be a good chance to see what your car could do, Lili.

I don't have a problem organizing an all day event, provided there's enough interest... :roundel:
Any of the dates in August work for me even though I will probably still be driving the GTI.

I am hoping that my wife and I will be heading to SC mid/late August to pick up the 1 from the Performance Center.

-Jeff
      05-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #127
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
I know exactly how you feel! My car is finally just 6 days from being stateside and I'll hopefully have it 10-14 days after that (I'm not getting my hopes TOO high though)...

And yes, so far, you're the one and only! Looks like you're the only blue car as well! :smile:

Maybe we're better off setting this for sometime out in August just so that there's a greater possibility of more people making it out...
I am up for it. You guys decide the date. I'll try to be freeExcited to meet all of you
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #128
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Dinan installation

I scheduled a dinan version 2 installation at bavarian and guess ... they are not doing dinan installations anymore coz bmw said they would void the power train warranty. It seems dinan refused to pay for up for 4 335i cars when their batteries drained off after the progman 29.2 update.

things are getting bleak but Erhard at B'field are still doing them.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #129
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
I am up for it. You guys decide the date. I'll try to be freeExcited to meet all of you
Keep me posted as you get closer to your date... It'd be cool if you could show in your 1er. :smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
I scheduled a dinan version 2 installation at bavarian and guess ... they are not doing dinan installations anymore coz bmw said they would void the power train warranty. It seems dinan refused to pay for up for 4 335i cars when their batteries drained off after the progman 29.2 update.

things are getting bleak but Erhard at B'field are still doing them.
Hey man,

2 things. First, can you PM me your name and location so I can fill in those fields on the spreadsheet. And second, do yourself a favor and get in contact with FreeBMW/Clayton via PM for some details on this. Don't let these rumors deter you from the Dinan flash - there's more to this situation than what you've been told.

And FYI ~ within the next week or two Erhard will have the equipment necessary to flash your DME onsite rather than having to ship it out to Dinan. :wink:
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #130
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Keep me posted as you get closer to your date... It'd be cool if you could show in your 1er. :smile:

Hey man,

2 things. First, can you PM me your name and location so I can fill in those fields on the spreadsheet. And second, do yourself a favor and get in contact with FreeBMW/Clayton via PM for some details on this. Don't let these rumors deter you from the Dinan flash - there's more to this situation than what you've been told.

And FYI ~ within the next week or two Erhard will have the equipment necessary to flash your DME onsite rather than having to ship it out to Dinan. :wink:
I did the pm's for you n for clayton. sorry for the delay. I did talk to philip at dinan for michigan, he says it is a misunderstanding and will sort it out in a week. He said in the meanwhile he'll send cables to erhard at b'field in a week. Bavarian says all the 3 customers had to pay 4200$ from their pockets n they say dinan is not picking up the tab and their powertrain warranty is void. I don't mind going the extra distance to erhard but i just want to be sure either bmw or dinan will pick up my warranty for the first 4 yrs. I also talked to bavarian about how i dislike the progman 29.2 and if there is anyway i can deny that update. They aren't so helpful and they say there is no other way. they say even if come to them that my ipod connector is not working well, they r going to update it to progman 29.2.
What a hostile bunch.

I'll be looking forward to talk to mike hood at b'field and I am going to take my x5 n 135i to them regularly. As soon as they get the dinan cables, i'll post here. Anyone else interested in getting dinan here?

Have a good memorial weekend guys! I put the helene perf filter yesterday but couldn't notice much diff:biggrin:. KW v2's going in this week
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #131
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

All season tires

As our OEM tires aren't good for winter at all, does anyone think this will be a good bet? I want the best performance for summer n little driveability for winter.

http://www.goodyeartires.com/eagle/eagleF1AS_innov.html
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #132
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep

17" all around and snows....jm2c
Appreciate 0