BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #67
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Pictures from Rathdowney...
Attached Images

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #68
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
I have to give the turbo diesel some respect. We used just under a half tank getting to Uki, then less than an eighth of a tank gettign home. Amazing.
I would have been on fumes by lunchtime in the Z.
It's a real shame I didn't get to see your car on the day. I know the 30d would be more than adequate but I'm willing to wait if there's the slightest chance the 35d makes it's way here. I want to order soon though as it will have to be built and I was willing to wait until early 2012 earliest. I have to say, I've got a new found respect for the 30d engine seeing it action when I followed Sam. It's definitely got a load of pulling power on a roll, I was really impressed!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #69
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
It's a real shame I didn't get to see your car on the day. I know the 30d would be more than adequate but I'm willing to wait if there's the slightest chance the 35d makes it's way here. I want to order soon though as it will have to be built and I was willing to wait until early 2012 earliest. I have to say, I've got a new found respect for the 30d engine seeing it action when I followed Sam. It's definitely got a load of pulling power on a roll, I was really impressed!
You can have a look any time you like - just PM me.
We are nothing but impressed with the 30d. It is tuned for more power and torque than any other 30d in the BMW range ATM. (190/560)
While I would also have liked the 35d, when the 30d already outperforms the X5 40d, I doubt they will be in a hurry to bring it here.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #70
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Yep. There were a few other cars but 95% BMW's.

Yes I ended up using the entire full tank by the end of the day. I got 400km which isn't bad considering how many times I put my foot down.
Wow that's strange because i filled the tank up saturday and i used less than half a tank and had the tune on and hammering it all the time as well.
A great day except some very rough pot hole reeded road,a disgrace to the shire council on one long long road.
      11-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #71
ansch
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

looks like a great day

400km.. how many times did the 135i peeps fill up those teacup sized fuel tanks
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #72
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
I'm sitting on 495kms out of the tank (filled up the night before and drove to work this morning) but I'm gonna need petrol to get home

I did about 450kms on the day but I live on the northside so had further to travel...

PS: Speaking of "Not-BMWs", how about that 928S? He was a charming fella
      11-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #73
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I didn't have the pleasure... what happened?

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #74
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
He didn't like to be overtaken and almost took Vinney out - then had the nerve to blame Vin and accuse him of almost killing both of them - in front of everyone, at the lunch stop...

I also had problems getting around him - he'd bunch up or swerve or indicate an overtake as soon as you got near him...
      11-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #75
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
How to win friends and influence people...

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #76
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Yup...
      11-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #77
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
My first thought when I saw the porsche at Calamvale was "bringing a knife to a gunfight"...

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #78
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
heh... My first though was "Mate of mine had one of those 20 years ago... It was crap then..."
      11-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #79
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I filled up just before the day started, so basically had a full tank at Calamvale and still have 1/4 tank left.

I found it quite hard to put the foot down a lot of the time, being stuck behind traffic was a pain in the behind... I was in 5/6th gear for a lot of the time! I remember when we overtook someone when I was behind the leader in the E46 325 I hammered it but had to put on the brakes mid overtake as he was too slow...

We really had the fastest cars there but were in group 3 being held back by group 2 a lot of the time. Could have kept up in a Smart car!

PS- How nice was that black Brabus Merc on the M1 on the way home!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #80
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
I found it quite hard to put the foot down a lot of the time, being stuck behind traffic was a pain in the behind...
True, but still fun and got to open the taps a couple of times...

Quote:
I remember when we overtook someone when I was behind the leader in the E46 325 I hammered it but had to put on the brakes mid overtake as he was too slow...
Well... It was a 325

Quote:
We really had the fastest cars there but were in group 3 being held back by group 2 a lot of the time.
And Nicest

Quote:
Could have kept up in a Smart car!

Quote:
That was pretty sweet... Did you see the 3 series trying to keep up with him?

Just home that none of us got done by that speed van on the way home...
      11-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #81
ippykaye
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

Looks like a fun day fellas!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #82
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
We are nothing but impressed with the 30d. It is tuned for more power and torque than any other 30d in the BMW range ATM. (190/560)
While I would also have liked the 35d, when the 30d already outperforms the X5 40d, I doubt they will be in a hurry to bring it here.
Thanks mate. I will most likely take you up on that offer at some point. After seeing the 30d in action I think I'm sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Wow that's strange because i filled the tank up saturday and i used less than half a tank and had the tune on and hammering it all the time as well.
A great day except some very rough pot hole reeded road,a disgrace to the shire council on one long long road.
I covered around 350km on the cruise but then had to drive to the other side of town when I got home which took me up to 400km. I usually get around 350km per tank though because I do more driving around town than on the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansch View Post
looks like a great day

400km.. how many times did the 135i peeps fill up those teacup sized fuel tanks
I only filled up just before I got to Calamvale Hotel. The cruise was around 350km but I used the entire tank.

Quote:
I'm sitting on 495kms out of the tank (filled up the night before and drove to work this morning) but I'm gonna need petrol to get home

I did about 450kms on the day but I live on the northside so had further to travel...

That's an excellent effort Angus, 495km is unheard of in my car. And you were putting your foot down quite a bit too!

I think our tunes have a big effect on the fuel consumption as well. I'm making around 30kw more than you and I did see redline a few times

As for Porsche (SHARKI) - I was lost for words. He had the worst driving etiquette I have seen in a long time. I occasionally encounter people trying to cut me off and cause speed up when I overtake them from random drivers but never from someone on a cruise!

Quote:
Angus summed it up pretty well down below. I'm not sure what his problem was. When I caught up to him I assumed he wasn't even part of our cruise because of the way he was driving and then I saw him at the pub.

Quote:
He didn't like to be overtaken and almost took Vinney out - then had the nerve to blame Vin and accuse him of almost killing both of them - in front of everyone, at the lunch stop...

I also had problems getting around him - he'd bunch up or swerve or indicate an overtake as soon as you got near him...
I still think he was doing it intentionally as nobody could drive that poorly. I'm pretty sure that's why he left the pub early.

Quote:
I filled up just before the day started, so basically had a full tank at Calamvale and still have 1/4 tank left.

I found it quite hard to put the foot down a lot of the time, being stuck behind traffic was a pain in the behind... I was in 5/6th gear for a lot of the time! I remember when we overtook someone when I was behind the leader in the E46 325 I hammered it but had to put on the brakes mid overtake as he was too slow...

We really had the fastest cars there but were in group 3 being held back by group 2 a lot of the time. Could have kept up in a Smart car!

Yes it looked really nice. Looked pretty quick too.

Quote:

Yes I saw that E46 give chase, it looked so slow in comparison!

I hope we didn't get done. I tried to call you but had no reception I didn't see any flashes though
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #83
Jude Starr
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 123d hatch & X1 23D

Quote:

On behalf of the club I must apologise...I can assure you the rest of us are not like that. I wasn't aware of the incident until we were driving home; as a club and committee member I find it extremely disappointing that it occurred and I will be bringing it up at committee level...that is not the sort of behaviour we encourage or promote in this club.

I hope it doesn't prevent any of you from attending future club events.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #84
samchuang33
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY 16 440i & MY20 X7 30d

Quote:

There were quite a few camera. There was also a killer around the dam. Luck the Honda Odyssey flash at Richard and I when we were trying to catch to Vinny and Angus... That would seriously really ruin the whole trip.

I also nearly had a close call at Calamvale in the morning when one of the cops waved at me to try and slow me down. I think she was busy writing a ticket at the time. That was lucky.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #85
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude Starr View Post
On behalf of the club I must apologise...I can assure you the rest of us are not like that. I wasn't aware of the incident until we were driving home; as a club and committee member I find it extremely disappointing that it occurred and I will be bringing it up at committee level...that is not the sort of behaviour we encourage or promote in this club.

It was the only blemish on an otherwise great day. Glad I came along

Quote:
Originally Posted by samchuang33 View Post
There were quite a few camera. There was also a killer around the dam. Luck the Honda Odyssey flash at Richard and I when we were trying to catch to Vinny and Angus... That would seriously really ruin the whole trip.

I also nearly had a close call at Calamvale in the morning when one of the cops waved at me to try and slow me down. I think she was busy writing a ticket at the time. That was lucky.
I only saw the van at the end of the day... I hope I didn't get any tickets!!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #86
samchuang33
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY 16 440i & MY20 X7 30d

Quote:
Dame, the new X3 are nice. Looks better than the E70 i recon. I didn't know the X3 has 560nm. Mine only has 520nm stock.

Nice shot. Love to see some videos.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #87
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samchuang33 View Post
Dame, the new X3 are nice. Looks better than the E70 i recon. I didn't know the X3 has 560nm. Mine only has 520nm stock.
Pfft only 520nm. That's huge!!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #88
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude Starr View Post

All good... As Vinney said, other than that it was a great day... I actually joined up about 6 weeks ago and wasn't sure if I was going to get anything out of the membership or not but after yesterday I'm glad I did.

Great day. Great people. I'll be back