E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Just got back from Picking up 330i in Munich - Awesome!!!

05-17-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
Roup1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M-Sport

Just got back from Picking up 330i in Munich - Awesome!!!

Just got back from Europe where I wrapped up another great Euro Delivery Trip. On May 4, I picked up a new E90 330i along w/ 2 buddies that did the same. Here's what we
picked up:

Roup1: 330i, Sparkling Graphite, Terra, Natural Poplar, SP, PP, Htd Sts, and Sat. Prep
Amit: 330i, Sparkling Graphite, Grey, Burl Walnut, SP, PP, CWP, Nav, and Siruis
TA: 330i Monaco Blue, Terra, Burl Walnut, SP, PP, Step, and Htd Sts

This was my 10th Euro Delivery since 1999 and it never gets old for me! For both of my buddies, this was their first ED experience. I was happy to be their official tour guide...

We took hundreds of pics. I've posted the best photos in a few on-line albums with links at the end of this post. Here's a quick recap of our trip.

We landed in Munich on Sunday May 1. Weather was great - around 80 and sunny. We spent the first few days touring around Munich, seeing the usual sights. On Tuesday, we
toured the Porsche plant in Stuttgart and the BMW Munich plant. All around Munich we saw tons of new M5s and M6s. They are an amazing site in person:

On Wednesday May 4, we finally picked up our new cars. My good buddy Bernhard performed the delivery for all 3 of us. Bernhard has done almost all of my deliveries.

We headed straight out of town to lower Bavaria - the castles await! The new car is fantastic - much better than I expected. This is definitely the best non-M BMW that I have ever
driven - very smooth, very fast, and fun to drive! The built-in MP3 CD player and Bluetooth capabilities really make this a great driver - I received my first call over the car's hands-free
BT system. We stayed in Schwangau and used that as our base to explore the area.

On Thursday we continued our tour of Lower Bavaria, driving the great 2 lane roads of the area. We visited some of the great small villages and the attractions of the area. We went
to Oberammergau, Weis, and Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We made our mandetory visit to Neuschwanstein and we also visited the WeisKirche and Lindehof Castle. The weather
took a turn for the worse - down to the 40s and constant rain - quite a change from the first few days! On Friday we headed back to Munich where we dropped off 2 of the cars for
shipping back to the US. Tony & Rebecca headed back home from there. I drove north to Frankfurt w/ Amit & Diana in their 330i. We went to Hofheim, near Frankfurt to visit w/ my
friends Andreas and Maria Inez. On Saturday we attended the start of the 24 hour race at the Nürburgring:

The race was an amzing experience. My buddy Philipp was down from Hamburg as he was racing in one of the support races. He totally hooked us up with VIP parking in the
paddock. We had full access to the garages, pit lane and the starting grid. Unfortunately, the weather was aweful. It was cold, extremely windy and raining heavily. It was really cool
to be in the middle of the action. This is one of the biggest races of the year in Germany. Over 200,000 spectators attend and it's an all-day and all-night party. There were over 220
cars entered in the race in over 50 catagories. You see everything from an 800 HP Porsche GT1 all the way to a 25 year old Mercedes S-class coupe. One of the strangest entries
had to be a Lexus RX330!

The #2 M3 GTR above won the race. This was the final 24 hour race for the M3 GTR factory team. It was great to see so many BMWs entered and the 2 M3 GTRs come in 1 and 2.

Now the hard part - waiting for the car to come back to the states! Enjoy the pics...

Roup1

Links for many more photos:
New M5 and M6 all over the place:
http://members.cox.net/e90/M5andM6/
Taking Delivery of our new cars:
http://members.cox.net/e90ed/E90Delivery/
Driving our new E90 through Bavaria:
http://members.cox.net/e90ed/Driving in Bavaria/
Pics from the 24 Hours at the Nürburgring:
http://members.cox.net/e90ed/Nuerburgring 24 Hour Race/
My Euro Delivery Blog (w/ tips and suggestions):
http://roup1.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2005, 10:43 PM   #2
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Nice pics as always. I remember when you used to post over @ Toadfly (maybe you still do, I don't).

Sean
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2005, 11:44 PM   #3
Roup1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Barely - I'm giving it up like a bad habit! Just a bunch of unsupervised punks over there these days

Good to see you here Sean...Are you getting an E90 also?

btw, Go Vols (I'm orginally from TN!)

Roup1
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2005, 11:49 PM   #4
ogrady
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 09 335

very cool pics roup! thanks for sharing. just gotta stay patient while the car sails its way back here now
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2005, 11:53 PM   #5
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

No, E90 in my near future. Hopefully a few years down the road. I sold the E46 330Ci last August. The E34 is my current daily driver and the A/C went out last week (R12), very expensive repair bill. The E30 M3 is a total garage queen (37k miles).

Where in Tennessee are you from? Knoxville or any of the surrounding counties?

BTW, beautiful car. Are the interior pics true to color?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2005, 01:51 AM   #6
Roup1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Oh ya, I remember your 330Ci. I'm from Memphis.

I'd say the Terra is probably not as bright as it appears in some of those pics, especially the flash pics. It definately looks more brown in person.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2005, 02:40 AM   #7
ldpantoja
Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 330i (E90)

Congrats Roup, I can't wait till I get the chance to post my delivery pics. You car looks awsome!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2005, 05:40 AM   #8
kchika
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Evo, E46 M3

Congrats, Roup!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2005, 07:17 AM   #9
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
woah, thats a really comprehensive set of pics from the trip, looks like a blast, i especially like those M5s and M6s !! Kinda makes me wonder about the next gen m3s and a possible euro delivery... my big question is how do you keep the car to the break-in protocol when you are surrounded by such great roads, beautiful scenery, and other high power cars around you ???
      05-18-2005, 03:48 PM   #10
frothboy
Rep
Drives: 97 Jeep Wrangler

Thanks Roup I am jealous...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2005, 04:18 PM   #11
Athos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6-spd

Thanks, Roup1. Especially appreciate the photos of the terra interior--some of the clearest pics of this I've seen yet. Does look great with the Monaco blue exterior, too.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #12
volsfan0911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI

roup - vielen Dank für die wunderbare Geschichte! Sehr gut! Where in TN are you from originally? I grew up in Memphis, lived in Jackson for a while when Mom remarried, went to high school in Chattanooga (McCallie) and then got both my degrees back in Memphis (Southwestern @ Memphis - a.k.a. Rhodes College now and UT, Memphis). As you may surmise from my user name, I'm a little fanatical about UT football. ( OK - I need to be locked up from August to December, if we don't beat 'Bama and Florida then someone please lynch Fulmer and yes, Steve Spurrier is the Anti-Christ. )
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2005, 12:42 AM   #13
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan0911
roup - vielen Dank für die wunderbare Geschichte! Sehr gut! Where in TN are you from originally? I grew up in Memphis, lived in Jackson for a while when Mom remarried, went to high school in Chattanooga (McCallie) and then got both my degrees back in Memphis (Southwestern @ Memphis - a.k.a. Rhodes College now and UT, Memphis). As you may surmise from my user name, I'm a little fanatical about UT football. ( OK - I need to be locked up from August to December, if we don't beat 'Bama and Florida then someone please lynch Fulmer and yes, Steve Spurrier is the Anti-Christ. )
OT, My brother went to McCallie.

It will be interesting this fall to have Spurrier back in the SEC. I have a strong feeling that the GameCocks are going to become the VOLS new rival.

Last edited by SCA; 05-19-2005 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2005, 08:56 AM   #14
boswell
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1999 e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roup1
This was my 10th Euro Delivery since 1999 and it never gets old for me! For both of my buddies, this was their first ED experience. I was happy to be their official tour guide...
Just curious... is there ever a time when you don't have a new car on order? Do you keep the cars or just get new one every six months?

Anyway, great account of your Euro delivery - thanks for sharing it with us! I'll be doing my first Euro Delivery in late August or September.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #15
Roup1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA
McCallie.
I grew up in Memphis and went to Christian Brothers - McCallie was one of our toughest competitors. We were state champs in the late 70s and have never been able to regain that glory!

I agree re: Fulmer - it's time to bring it back!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2005, 10:49 AM   #16
Roup1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswell
Just curious... is there ever a time when you don't have a new car on order? Do you keep the cars or just get new one every six months?
I usually only keep my cars 6 to 9 months...I always try to think ahead, I try to keep my name on wait lists for new models...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2005, 08:57 PM   #17
volsfan0911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roup1
I grew up in Memphis and went to Christian Brothers - McCallie was one of our toughest competitors. We were state champs in the late 70s and have never been able to regain that glory!

I agree re: Fulmer - it's time to bring it back!
LMAO - yep, I played both CBHS and CBC on the soccer field a couple of times Not to mention MUS and they were as big a pain as Father Ryan was! Always a good game. Spurrier? The Orange faithful are going to rag on VisorBoy(R) anytime we get a chance. Will keep the OT to a minimum - good to hear from some of the TN crowd.
Appreciate 0