BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #23
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Yesterday I specifically asked my insurance agent about a discount due to the recovery feature of BMW Assist. The response was somewhat surprising as the company (at least State Farm) does not give a discount if the service has to be renewed and paid for. Doesn't matter that the first four years are included. The major factor is that it's a renewable service. I'm not familiar with how LoJack works but it it's something that is only paid for once when installed and then is a 'lifetime' service the discount will be applied.

Since the actual discount in our situation would total about $5 / year it doesn't seem worth making a fuss.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #24
qntran2
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

I kinda wish I had BMW assist on my poor Z4.

I wrecked it in the middle of no where on the interstate when a car going 102 rammed me from behind and when I called 911 I had no clue where I was I had to walk to the nearest mile marker all messed up and covered in blood

Edit.

Heh oops looks like I just bumped an old thread I guess I didn't notice how far back in the page list I was getting when reading up on the 1
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #25
acivick
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Dinan Sedona 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qntran2 View Post
I kinda wish I had BMW assist on my poor Z4.

I wrecked it in the middle of no where on the interstate when a car going 102 rammed me from behind and when I called 911 I had no clue where I was I had to walk to the nearest mile marker all messed up and covered in blood

Edit.

Heh oops looks like I just bumped an old thread I guess I didn't notice how far back in the page list I was getting when reading up on the 1
That's ok, I was vaguely curious before how it worked. Now I have more info without doing a search. :drinking:
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #26
60Driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

If you live in a relatively 'low-crime' area the police may not have the equipment necessary to track LoJack.
      08-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #27
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe

This is off-topic, but I'd like to share a story for those considering LoJack.

My dad got LoJack for his '07 Cayman S... after about 8 months, one of the keyfobs went bad. We found out because when I took the car out one day, he got a call from LoJack alerting him that the car had moved without a keyfob. It took forever for them to send a new one, and when they did, my dad said it seemed unusually lighter than the old one. He cracked it open and IT WAS AN EMPTY PIECE OF PLASTIC. It then took about another 6 weeks of badgering to get them to send another one. They said there's no policy for the situation and weren't too concerned with creating one!

I think LoJack has a great service, but I question their quality control after this experience. Also their customer service was awful. It makes me cringe that if anything were to happen to his Cayman S, he would be relying on them to get it back!
Appreciate 0