BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #265
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #266
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
What are you grinning at Vinney?
Who else was limping on Thursday and could benefit here? Richard? How about the E90/92 blokes/ladies?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #267
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
What are you grinning at Vinney?
Who else was limping on Thursday and could benefit here? Richard? How about the E90/92 blokes/ladies?
Only 1 person away from making this happen...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #268
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Now I've bought better water cooling via Andrew's BMW performance Kit I'd like to renege on my intention to buy the oil cooler + radiator.
Hey Tim,

that's ok, no problem at all.

We can still supply you with a Stage 1 oil cooler kit.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #269
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hi Gents,

just a reminder with regards our REVISED group buy pricing,

on the Advan performance, N54 "Complete Cooling Solution".

- The Stage 1 kit that features a 15 row "Setrab" oil cooler & "PWR" MT 5970 radiator will NOW be available for $1,445.00

- The Stage 2 kit that features the 20 row "Setrab" oil cooler & "PWR" MT 5970 radiator will be available for $1,795.00

- The Stage 1 oil cooler kit can be purchased without the rad' for $650.00

- The Stage 2 oil cooler kit can be purchased without the rad' for $1,000.00

Please note that the above pricing is exclusive of shipment and fitment (for you local guys).

We require a minimum of 5 purchasers to be able to offer this fantastic pricing.

1. TimMc (Stage 1 oil cooler)

2. BMW86 (Stage 2 oil cooler)

3. alik01 (Stage 2 oil cooler)

4. Micha3l (Stage 2 oil cooler)

Please PM me with your expression of interest or simply post in this thread.

Thanks for jumping on board the GB Michael, only 1 more purchaser required to make this happen guys.

Who will be the lucky last...

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #270
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey Gents,

you may or may not be aware, that Advan performance has worked closely with PWR in QLD to sort out the design requirements for a radiator upgrade for Steptronic/DCT 135i & 335i vehicles.

Given the amount of time and effort Peter and myself have put into sorting out the fitment requirements for the AT rad', we are certainly keen to see an upgraded PWR unit installed into an AT vehicle.

With the Eastern Creek track day looming now is the perfect time for a keen punter, to go ahead with the Advan/PWR "Close Mesh Core" AT rad' upgrade.

As such we would like to offer a prospective customer who purcashes the very first AT sample unit, a ONE-OFF purchase price which is "trade", less 20%.

If the purcasher pays for the rad' up front, we will test fit the unit to our AT 335i shop-car.

Once direct fitment is confirmed we will then remove the radiator for installation into the purchaser's car, who stands to save in excess of $400 on the retail cost of the "Custom build" radiator from PWR.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-07-2012 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #271
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Only 1 person away from making this happen...
Hey Vinney,

you will be most happy to hear we are good to go.

1. TimMc (Stage 1 oil cooler) PAID

5. Drawn05 (Stage 2 oil cooler)

Hi Gents,

we have finally received the completed bracket componentry from the laser cutter.

Our in house fabricator "Young" Chris just needs to weld it up and then we can test fit the mounting bracket to my car.

If it's a good thing, then off to the powder coater it goes.

We hope to have the completed kits boxed up ready for shipment, for you non-local guys buy this time next week.

As such I have to request that it's time for all you lads, to part with some of your hard earned cash.

There are three payment options.

You can directly deposit the full amount via online banking using the following account details.

BSB 082330 ACC# 535323228

Secondly you can pay via PayPal using the following Advan email address.

peter@advanperformance.com.au

Lastly for those guys living in Sydney, if you wish you can pay via Cash, CC or EFTPOS at the workshop.

Also can I ask all the non-local boys, to please PM their preferred shipping address.

Thank you all for your interest in our product, it has certainly taken a bit longer to finalise the kit than expected, but good things come to those who wait.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-18-2012 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #272
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Paid!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #273
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Paid!
Thank you kindly for your payment Tim.

Cheers,

Justin.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:31 AM   #274
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Hey Justin are we good to go? Have you fitted and tested stage 2 yet? Can we see photos of the complete kit and the fabricated bracket? I'm in, I just like to see some photos and know if there will be any wait time. Also how far away is meth tank?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #275
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hey Justin are we good to go? Have you fitted and tested stage 2 yet? Can we see photos of the complete kit and the fabricated bracket? I'm in, I just like to see some photos and know if there will be any wait time. Also how far away is meth tank?
Hey Vinney,

we are almost "good to go".

We had the first production sample of our mounting bracket with oil cooler, installed in my car on Friday.

Whilst fitment is fine, there are a few angles on the bracket that are a little off from an aesthetic perspective.

Myself and "young" Chris are being a bit picky, but now is the time to get it right.

We will provide the laser cutter with the slightly revised CAD files on Monday, so we should see a 2nd sample land at out our door later in the week.

Once we are happy with the bracket we can lock down the design with the laser cutter and yes I will most definitely be pulling out my camera, to shoot up the completed Stage 1 & Stage 2 kits in their entirety, both on and off the car.

With regards the E82 Meth' tank, that is still a work in progress.

We have finalised the E92 version and Paul is grabbing one from us very soon.

However whilst "young" Chris had completed both prototypes, the production units were being outsourced to Leon.

Unfortunately he has increased the cost of the tank beyond what he originally quoted us.

I know Pete had a long conversation with Leon on Friday concerning the cost increase, but I am told he is not prepared to go back to his original figure.

Which means we will either have to revise the price upwards on any future E82/E92 tanks, to cover the additional fabrication costs on the part of Leon, or have "young" Chris manufacture all the Meth' tanks himself.

Whilst he is more than capable of doing so, Pete can really not spare that time of Chris as he is working on several projects already.

By this time next week I will be able to tell you guys, what we have decided to do.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-21-2012 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #276
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the update Justin.

I'm ready to invest in the Stage 2 but there's still a few things I'd like to see finished up, like the custom fabricated bracket that you have mentioned already. I want the kits to be in stock good to go.

Also, how much extra costs are you anticipating for the E82 tank? I'm really keen but I hope there hasn't been a price blow-out. Are you offering a special deal for the GB boys?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #277
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update Justin.

I'm ready to invest in the Stage 2 but there's still a few things I'd like to see finished up, like the custom fabricated bracket that you have mentioned already. I want the kits to be in stock good to go.

Also, how much extra costs are you anticipating for the E82 tank? I'm really keen but I hope there hasn't been a price blow-out. Are you offering a special deal for the GB boys?
Hi Vinney,

I am just as eager to see these 135i oil cooler kits squared away and "in stock good to go", as you are. I have been working on this project with Peter for some time now.

Fingers crossed we will have the revised bracket components welded up and powder coated by the end of the week, with an entire "Stage 2" oil cooler kit fitted up to my car or possibly Steve's on Friday.

With regards the E82 tank I suspect it will come in around $625-$650, pending the cost of the anodizing process.

Unfortunately there will be no special deals on the Meth' tanks, as the return on the R&D and manufacturing costs are pretty minimal already.

Cheers,

Justin.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #278
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

How long before you ship out my Stage 1 kit Justin?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #279
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Hi Vinney,

I am just as eager to see these 135i oil cooler kits squared away and "in stock good to go", as you are. I have been working on this project with Peter for some time now.

Fingers crossed we will have the revised bracket components welded up and powder coated by the end of the week, with an entire "Stage 2" oil cooler kit fitted up to my car or possibly Steve's on Friday.

With regards the E82 tank I suspect it will come in around $625-$650, pending the cost of the anodizing process.

Unfortunately there will be no special deals on the Meth' tanks, as the return on the R&D and manufacturing costs are pretty minimal already.

Cheers,

Justin.
Justin - if the E82 meth tank is $625-$650, including anodizing and shipping, sign me up
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #280
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

It's going to be ex shipping.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #281
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
How long before you ship out my Stage 1 kit Justin?
Hi Tim,

your Stage 1 kit will ship out next week.

We have all the components we need to assemble the kit, minus the final version of our powder coated mounting bracket.

We will have a 2nd sample of the bracket elements delivered on Friday for Chris to weld up, if the revision is sweet all further 135i brackets will be a piece of cake, as the powder coating "dude" is not far from the Advan workshop.

Guys,

may I please remind you all that supply of the 1 Series oil cooler kits, at these significantly reduced prices over our RRP, was contingent upon a group buy and not supply on payment for individuals.

As such we would ask that those who have not made payment, do so at their earliest convenience.

I am aware that the finalisation of these kits has dragged on somewhat, however now that the final piece of the puzzle, that being the mounting bracket is almost good to go, your payment in full will ensure we can acquire all the necessary components and ship out the kits in a timely manner.

Thanking you all for your cooperation,

Justin.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-25-2012 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #282
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Justin - if the E82 meth tank is $625-$650, including anodizing and shipping, sign me up
Hi Vinney,

the above figure sounds about right.

However it's exclusive of shipping, sorry mate.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #283
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
It's going to be ex shipping.
Yep,

what he said.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #284
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey Steve,

thank you kindly for your payment.

1. TimMc (Stage 1 oil cooler) PAID

5. Drawn05 (Stage 2 oil cooler) PAID

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #285
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

So I have spent the last 3 hours driving around with my new stage 2 oil cooler and am very happy with the oil temps I have been getting.

From cool-ish outside temps of between 15 and 17 degrees and varying stop/start traffic (and putting the spurs to her) and the oil temp gauge never went past 105 degrees!!

In fact, when having to pull up for a red and the temp would go up to 105 it was heading south very quickly after driving off. I admit that its cold weather but that is still pretty good in my book.

This pic is basically where the dial sat for most of the last 3 hours of driving so thats what you would see with the stage 2.

Looking forward to seeing how this performs on Wednesday at the trackday. Thanks Pete and Justin.

Name:  oil cooler.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  544.1 KB

Name:  oil cooler2.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  546.9 KB

P.S, yep, its Saturday night and yes I am a geek. Sigh, this is what I do.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #286
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the mini review.

I've never had heating problems on the street or even drag strip so I look forward to hearing your impressions after the track day.

Is your car an AT or MT?

Do you have any other photos of the bracket? Did you do the install yourself?
Appreciate 0