BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
ONDEMAND
oooooo
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

ATLANTA MOTORSPORTS PARK - Facility and Track Tour

Thought this deserved a new thread since nobody in the SE section responded. (dont think many people look there)

BMW TRACK TOUR AT ATLANTA MOTORSPORTS PARK

SATURDAY MARCH 16, DAWSONVILLE GA

11:00 PM

Heres my experience with it.

Last weekend, on a whim I decided to run up to AMP to check out the track.

What an amazing place. First thing I noticed when I got in the premises, signed a wavier, and got a wrist band was cars on the track. Yellow Ferarri (430 i think), 3 911's, to M3's (E36) and a GTR. All screamin around the road course.

Met the CEO (really nice guy) and he introduced me to a wonderful couple who had two cars on the track that day. Next thing I know I'm sitting shot gun for hot laps in a new GTR which was crazy fast.

But the best was the E36 M that I got Hot laps in. Mind boggling how great those cars are on a track. A little weight loss and FBO turn those things in the Naturally Aspirated monsters.

I miss the response of N/A. Made me contemplate getting rid off the ......nevermind.

I drove out of their with the biggest grin on my face and am working on a way to possibly become a member.

BOTTOM LINE, this is an amazing facility with

Full Race Course (2.4 miles) and a lot of change in elevation.
Shifter Kart tracks (open to public)
Full garage setups (rentable)

Seems like a great community effort with members driving all kinds of cars.

Anyone on the Southeast should come on Saturday as they will be doing full tours and Hot Laps for the BMW crowd!!!

+ we need to get GA 1'ers together!

Hope to see you all there.

Look at Atlanta Bimmer CLub and AMP websites!
      03-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
I am really interested in checking out AMP, I plan to swing by next week on my way to Barber for a look'see. Sounds like you enjoyed it! Hurry and become a member so you can hook up your fellow 1er bros
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
ChrisCote
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

i wish i could make it
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
ONDEMAND
oooooo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
I am really interested in checking out AMP, I plan to swing by next week on my way to Barber for a look'see. Sounds like you enjoyed it! Hurry and become a member so you can hook up your fellow 1er bros
You'll love it. its a very engaging track for me, meaning there is little to no open straights where you can loosen the knuckles, glance at gauges, ect. Constantly aligning the car for the next section. Straight at pits you might see 140 in the right car, and plenty of long sweeps but nothing open and long like road atlanta | barber. 100 feet in elevation change to boot

You going to barber for track runs, or is that ROLEX cars?

I've been out to barber once and that is a sweet track.

Planning for Road Atlanta Rolex series in April!

Hope some 1's will make it out. I'll be in a cooperS on sat as my 1 will be on jackstands at home for a little EIBACH goodness
      03-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONDEMAND View Post
You'll love it. its a very engaging track for me, meaning there is little to no open straights where you can loosen the knuckles, glance at gauges, ect. Constantly aligning the car for the next section. Straight at pits you might see 140 in the right car, and plenty of long sweeps but nothing open and long like road atlanta | barber. 100 feet in elevation change to boot

You going to barber for track runs, or is that ROLEX cars?

I've been out to barber once and that is a sweet track.

Planning for Road Atlanta Rolex series in April!

Hope some 1's will make it out. I'll be in a cooperS on sat as my 1 will be on jackstands at home for a little EIBACH goodness
Sounds amazing I will be on that track in the not so distant future!

I am actually running with "Rezoom" at Barber, first time with these guys; I primarily stick with "Chin" at my hometown track...which by the way is hosting the classic 12hrs of Sebring Saturday.http://www.sebringraceway.com

Cooper fan here

GL with the install, are you doing the sway too?
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
ONDEMAND
oooooo
Rep

Quote:

I am actually running with "Rezoom" at Barber, first time with these guys; I primarily stick with "Chin" at my hometown track...which by the way is hosting the classic 12hrs of Sebring Saturday.http://www.sebringraceway.com

Cooper fan here

Nice man! enjoy barber. I may get in with Rezoom for the august event at Barber. Never had a "real" track day, so this has got to happen ASAP!!!

Gotta love the coopers. Its my brothers ride 2011s sitting on full eibach kit and new 18" sparcos with 35series Neo Gens.

As for my 1er, I'm just doing Eibach pro kit springs and a BMS CDV this weekend. Mild drop, but more importantly to me reducing squat and roll from throttle. The torque in these cars makes the stock M-sport suspension work pretty hard when shifting in the 4-6k range. Slightly lower center of gravity never hurt either. next will be non-RFT's and probably a tune. Then I plan to revisit suspension and sways as funds allow.

Shoot me a PM whenever you make it up this way and I'll show you the "runs" I do in the rural areas up here. (I'm actually a good hour north of Atl and only 15 mins from AMP)
      03-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
TwinTurboed
Turbo Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'll be there man!
      03-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONDEMAND
Quote:

Cooper fan here

Nice man! enjoy barber. I may get in with Rezoom for the august event at Barber. Never had a "real" track day, so this has got to happen ASAP!!!

Gotta love the coopers. Its my brothers ride 2011s sitting on full eibach kit and new 18" sparcos with 35series Neo Gens.

As for my 1er, I'm just doing Eibach pro kit springs and a BMS CDV this weekend. Mild drop, but more importantly to me reducing squat and roll from throttle. The torque in these cars makes the stock M-sport suspension work pretty hard when shifting in the 4-6k range. Slightly lower center of gravity never hurt either. next will be non-RFT's and probably a tune. Then I plan to revisit suspension and sways as funds allow.

Shoot me a PM whenever you make it up this way and I'll show you the "runs" I do in the rural areas up here. (I'm actually a good hour north of Atl and only 15 mins from AMP)
Will do for sure! Need to scrub in some new r888s so I'll take you up on your offer if I can get up that way early enough.
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

I'm in SoCal but I may have a project there this summer. Hope to have the chance to drive AMP and Road Atlanta and meet you guys for trackdays

Appreciate 0